Pedrochadid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Pedrochadid
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

That was a very underrate. It should be at least a 9. That game is beautiful, pure adrenaline, intense and fun. The 'cons' of the reviewer doesnt justify the final score.

NickBasile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 NickBasile
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts

I haven't played Eternal, but I felt that Doom 2016 was at least a 9 -- it was probably my favorite modern FPS. Sometimes, the reviewers have some arbitrary pet peeves that I feel affect their reviews in a subjective manner. This is understandable and furthermore I believe unintentional. Seemingly there are going to be certain genres (particularly adventure games) that tend to get higher reviews and praise than warranted (i.e. "Journey", which I enjoyed, but not game-of-the-year caliber...) and games that perhaps the reviewers happen to be a bit off on the other way around (i.e. Last of us getting an 8).

HayateDOA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 HayateDOA6
Member since 2019 • 16 Posts

Doom Eternal stinks. It's just another westernize game with a muscle dumb protagonist. Final Fantasy 7 Remake is MUCH better and it got a 10. Japan rules the world in gaming industry.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Frag_Maniac
Member since 2005 • 2096 Posts

@hayatedoa6 said:

Doom Eternal stinks. It's just another westernize game with a muscle dumb protagonist. Final Fantasy 7 Remake is MUCH better and it got a 10. Japan rules the world in gaming industry.

Muscle dumb? If anything Doom Eternal is one of the best examples of a high octane fast twitch shooter that in fact requires tons of muscle memory from the player. Whether it's quick swapping multiple weapons, knowing what weapons, equipment works best on what enemies, what tactics work best on which enemies, or just knowing how to time your jumps and dashes in the many platforming sections, this is a game where such strats have to extend beyond your brain and literally become part of the Slayer's muscle memory. This is because you're faced with more and tougher enemies that are quicker than what happens in Doom 2016.

I have to think the many people that complain about the game being too Super Mario and enemies like the Marauder being too tough (some even claim boring, but I know what they really mean), just don't take the time to master it.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Honestly, i think an 8 is fair. Doom Eternal is mostly a bullshit overly difficult trollfest. The devs heard people say the first wasn't hard enough, then made this piece of shit.