SevenStyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 SevenStyx
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I read that Miyazaki was taken off the Dark Souls 2 project against his will because he did not agree to all of From Softwares changes, but they hired Shibuya (who's only experience is art for resident evil) because he wanted to make the game easier and more accessible to the people who did not like dark souls. This is a petition to put Miyazaki back as the director and remove Shibya. This is a link to From Software that you can state your opinion. http://www.fromsoftware.jp/en/inquiry/. 

Syndicalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Syndicalist
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Isn't Shibuya the Monster Hunter guy??? Consider it signed and shared regardless.
Avatar image for deactivated-62f593b06057a
deactivated-62f593b06057a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-62f593b06057a
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts

Wow - this is terrible news. Confirmed on edge-online (why can't I post links?). Did Miyazaki work on the Kings Field games that preceded these titles? DmS DS are two of the greatest video game experiences I've had in 30 years. The guy is a true visionary since he bucked all trends and created a masterpiece. Never has another game had the gravitas as those two. If they dumb this down, put in tutorials, make it easy, make all the characters talk their arses off, I'm not playing it and I'll boycott FS.

(The inquery page says it won't deal with any Dark Souls messages. Should I just post it anyway?)

yazman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yazman666
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

The game is far from release but I feel already cheated .and I dont want to be in Hidetaka Miyazaki feet neither obviously they are moving him out of the way to create a game more accessible so in another words they want bigger sales, widen the audience and piss on the face of us all devoted souls series fans (two special editions both DmS and DS) on pc and 360. Time will tell, and I am not doubting the talent on the two guys in charge nowbut trust me guys they just took away the SOUL of the Souls games by removing Hidetaka Miyazaki.

RustedTruck650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 RustedTruck650
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

I already participated in one of those petitions but i feel that Dark Souls is a game that no matter what you do to it, the game will never appeal to the masses. How drastic a change will they make, those 2 new directors i mean? I have no problem with a change that makes a series better, i will not, however, tolarate things like what happened with RE6 and Dead Space 3, i never bought those two games. Miyazaki actually approved about the new decissions that was made by Namco B, he said he was sad about it but at the same time said that DkS needed fresh material. So, the only thing i can do now is just hope for the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
Quote me on this: Dark Souls series will suffer exactly like Mass Effect. Mass Effect 1 was amazing, a classic. Mass Effect 2 was dumb down.
RustedTruck650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 RustedTruck650
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

Idk, but the more i learn about Dark Souls 2 the more excited i get about it. I'm not glad that Namco B. pushed Miyasaki out (if thats the case) but it seems that these two guys are actually doing an awesome job.

Avatar image for jimmylovesgames
JimmyLovesGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 JimmyLovesGames
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm in the beta and in my opinion Dark Souls 2 is harder than the first don't stress about it.

Mystic_Quest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Mystic_Quest
Member since 2014 • 32 Posts

No it's not. It's easier. You can counter the death debuff with a ring. Life protection rings are repairable for god's sake. They completely destroyed random invasions.

There is no red eye orb in the game. There are only CRACKED red eye orbs. They cost 10k souls and are only available to buy in NG+. Only a handful exist in NG. With the Soul Memory matchmaking if you buy them you essentially gimp your character. Invading doesn't include any rewards or offer ranking up.

As a result there are not many sinners around in NG or NG+ because the only sins people commit is (some of them) killing the npcs at the end of NG. Also when being killed by blues sins go away. So that would explain tha lack of blue invasions as well.

Dark Souls 2 really hates invasions. So no wonder they are the least common cause of death. I miss DS1.

So unfortunately, the OP who did this post 1.5 year ago, was right! Funny thing seeing the same things happening all over again.

Argle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Argle
Member since 2008 • 571 Posts

huh, I get invaded plenty in NG+. You can get rewards through PvP from 2 separate covenants. I, for one, do not miss DS1 invasions - starting a brand new character and getting invaded in undead burgh by players in full Havel armor and lightning weapons - laame.

I will agree though that, for the most part, DS2 is easier than DS1

EXxile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#11 EXxile
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts

@Argle said:

huh, I get invaded plenty in NG+. You can get rewards through PvP from 2 separate covenants. I, for one, do not miss DS1 invasions - starting a brand new character and getting invaded in undead burgh by players in full Havel armor and lightning weapons - laame.

I will agree though that, for the most part, DS2 is easier than DS1

Likewise. I'm in NG++ and I get invaded CONSTANTLY. I remember the moment I stepped into Forest of the Fallen Giants, I literally got invaded right away and I knew I was in for it. The invasions are plenty, not sure what people are talking about. And I also do not miss the invasions from DS1, considering they were usually so one-sided.

Other than that, I think we can all agree that DS2 is easier than DS1, but that does not make it an easy game by any means. I have died PLENTY of times in here. And so what about the Life Protection ring? If you believe the ring makes the game feel like there is less at stake (which it does) then DON'T WEAR IT! I don't for that exact reason.

Jooj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Jooj
Member since 2003 • 284 Posts

Isn't Hidetaka Miyazaki now the Director and President of from software, following their takeover earlier this year by Manga giants Kadokawa Corporation?

Let's hope that changes are made to the game when the DLC is released.