What was your favorite childhood console?

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts
And have you gone back and bought all the games you loved for it?
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

And have you gone back and bought all the games you loved for it?lozengez

my childhood console was the genesis. i found an old friend that had one just sitting in the garage so i asked for it and luckily he gave it to me for free. i would buy more games for it but i picked up sonics genesis collection and it has most of the exclusives that i missed out on like altered beast and vector man. more importantly it had shining force 1 and 2 so i dont really have to go back and buy the games unless they were dirt cheap. 

recently bought an snes....that i need to collect for but i dont know to what extent though

Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dzjaansis
Member since 2002 • 27689 Posts
colecovision :|
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#4 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
the NES was probably what I'd consider my first console... and yea, I pretty much got all my beloved gmaes for it aside from a few pricy titles like Bubble Bobble 2
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

colecovision :|Dzjaansis

Ditto. LadyBug ftw

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lozengez

[QUOTE="Dzjaansis"]colecovision :|TwarBlackshire

Ditto. LadyBug ftw

Collecovios had some cool cover art, right up there with Atari-era Activision.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
My favorite childhood console was the Atari 2600. I have fond memories of playing Adventure, Laser Blast, Fast Eddie, Entombed, Space Invaders, and Combat.
lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lozengez

My favorite childhood console was the Atari 2600. I have fond memories of playing Adventure, Laser Blast, Fast Eddie, Entombed, Space Invaders, and Combat. someNONSENSE

That was my first console (not owned by me but at my cousins.  I have gone back and bought almost all of the games I loved back then, but the PS1 Activision Classics took are of the two I could not find (Fishing Derby and Chicken Run).

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]My favorite childhood console was the Atari 2600. I have fond memories of playing Adventure, Laser Blast, Fast Eddie, Entombed, Space Invaders, and Combat. lozengez

That was my first console (not owned by me but at my cousins.  I have gone back and bought almost all of the games I loved back then, but the PS1 Activision Classics took are of the two I could not find (Fishing Derby and Chicken Run).

That's cool. How many Atar 2600 games do you have? Do you have the ones I listed above? What are your favorite 2600 games?

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lozengez
Of the ones you mentioned I don't have Fast Eddie or Entombed.  I have 36 games for the 2600.  My all-time favorite is River Raid, then Demon Attack, then Fishing Derby, Pac-Man and Space Invaders.
KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KGKaiju
Member since 2010 • 861 Posts

My favorite childhood console was the Atari 2600. I have fond memories of playing Adventure, Laser Blast, Fast Eddie, Entombed, Space Invaders, and Combat. someNONSENSE

I would have to agree.  Countless hours were spent playing games like Pitfall, Chopper Command, Asteroids, Centipede, Defender, Combat, Laser Blast, Stampede, Missile Command, and Checkers....awesome times! (E.T. was horrible though.)  Of those titles, I still have all of the original carts from my childhood except for Pitfall (which my brother sold). Pitfall for me is a must have as it is my favorite game for the console so I made sure to get a replacement....and this time around it didn't cost $54.99!!!!

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts

I'm another old fart that loves his 2600. I'd sit in front of the tv for hours playing junk that nobody remembers like Beanie Bopper, Frogs and Flies, Freeway, Night Driver, and Surround. Stuff like Berserk, Demons N' Diamonds, Yar's Revenge, Pole Position, Qbert, Pitfall, and Frogger got tons of my attention too. I even played E.T. a bunch because when you're a kid you're dumb.

A close second is my original GameBoy because it was the first system that I didn't have to share with anyone and it was totally rad. 

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#13 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

While stuff like SMS and NES certainly have a special place in my heart;

SNES is truly what made me into a good little capitalist. 

There was a video store within biking distance of me, and they had a wall of games coupled with 2 for 1 days on Tuesday and Thursday which would allow me to grab two games for three days for four bucks! 

When I finished University and started working that wall of games and legacy of half completed 2 for 1 day rentals was the motivation to go hogwild and get my hands on everything I had ever rented from there. 

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KGKaiju

There was a video store within biking distance of me, and they had a wall of games coupled with 2 for 1 days on Tuesday and Thursday which would allow me to grab two games for three days for four bucks! 

When I finished University and started working that wall of games and legacy of half completed 2 for 1 day rentals was the motivation to go hogwild and get my hands on everything I had ever rented from there. 

cosmostein77

So.....Have you accomplished the goal of obtaining all the games you rented?

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cosmostein77
[QUOTE="cosmostein77"]

KGKaiju

Going solely by memory; 

I *think* all I have left is Metal Marines & Soul Blazer. 

The oppertunities have been there to snag both in cart form, but I really want them to be complete. 

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KGKaiju
[QUOTE="KGKaiju"][QUOTE="cosmostein77"]

cosmostein77

Going solely by memory; 

I *think* all I have left is Metal Marines & Soul Blazer. 

The oppertunities have been there to snag both in cart form, but I really want them to be complete. 

You're getting close then.  Congrats! :)  I don't blame you for wanting SNES carts CIB as I am the same way.  Oddly enough though I don't mind getting NES games as cart only for some reason. :P

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cosmostein77

You're getting close then.  Congrats! :)  I don't blame you for wanting SNES carts CIB as I am the same way.  Oddly enough though I don't mind getting NES games as cart only for some reason. :P

KGKaiju

NES carts display fairly nicely on their sides. 

I can stack a dozen (easy) without having issues. SNES carts just don't have that same look when stack on the side. 

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#18 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
and they aren't flat so they get wobbly if stacked.
KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KGKaiju
[QUOTE="KGKaiju"]

cosmostein77

NES carts display fairly nicely on their sides. 

I can stack a dozen (easy) without having issues. SNES carts just don't have that same look when stack on the side. 

True.  Good point....

and they aren't flat so they get wobbly if stacked.waflerevolution

Yet another good point.  

You know......I didn't really think about it but you both have mentioned reasons that may have subconciously influenced me in my decision to collect NES carts loose rather than SNES.

Hyacinth2600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hyacinth2600
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cosmostein77

My favorite childhood console was Super Nintendo. I still haven't got all the games I want for it though. There's still stuff like Mario RPG, Super Mario Kart, Adventures of Batman & Robin, Kirby Dreamland 3, and many others I've been meaning to get a hold of. 

*sigh* Someday... 

Hyacinth2600

Batman and Robin was awesome!!!!

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KGKaiju

My favorite childhood console was Super Nintendo. I still haven't got all the games I want for it though. There's still stuff like Mario RPG, Super Mario Kart, Adventures of Batman & Robin, Kirby Dreamland 3, and many others I've been meaning to get a hold of. 

*sigh* Someday... 

Hyacinth2600

Your best bet is probably to check yard sales.  The prices aren't going to be as high as those listed on eBay or in a retail store and you may be able to get the seller to drop the price through negotiation. :)

Hyacinth2600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hyacinth2600
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts

Your best bet is probably to check yard sales.  The prices aren't going to be as high as those listed on eBay or in a retail store and you may be able to get the seller to drop the price through negotiation. :)KGKaiju

I never thought about checking yard sales. There are a few thrift stores in the town live though. That's how I got a GameCube again :).  The last time I checked ebay, Kirby DreamLand 3 ran for about $50 for just the cart! I may be better off getting that Kirby Wii collection that has Dreamland 3 (and many others) for much less lol.

I don't know how to do multiquotes, but to the user above KG, I heard Batman & Robin was really good for the SNES, but I don't know about the Genesis version. That being one of my favorite cartoons ever, I'm surprised I don't own a copy already.

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KGKaiju

[QUOTE="KGKaiju"]Your best bet is probably to check yard sales.  The prices aren't going to be as high as those listed on eBay or in a retail store and you may be able to get the seller to drop the price through negotiation. :)Hyacinth2600

I never thought about checking yard sales. There are a few thrift stores in the town live though. That's how I got a GameCube again :).  The last time I checked ebay, Kirby DreamLand 3 ran for about $50 for just the cart! I may be better off getting that Kirby Wii collection that has Dreamland 3 (and many others) for much less lol.

I don't know how to do multiquotes, but to the user above KG, I heard Batman & Robin was really good for the SNES, but I don't know about the Genesis version. That being one of my favorite cartoons ever, I'm surprised I don't own a copy already.

Thrift stores can be good places to check as well.  I would use eBay for games that I felt would be nearly impossible to find at thrift stores and yard sales....unless you are fortunate and see a really good deal.  If you are okay with getting the collection, that may be your best bet.

By the way....To do a multi-quote, all you have to do is quote the newest of the posts to which you wish to reply and click the quote tab, click on the text and Ctrl A and then Ctrl X, hit the back arrow to return to the thread page, click the quote tab for another post you wish to quote, click on the text after "

" and hit ENTER a few times, and then Ctrl V.  If you want to quote more than two posts, you will have to then Ctrl A and Ctrl X and then go back to the thread page and repeat until all intended posts are quoted. I hope this helps. :)