waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

#151 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
as the 360 gets more and more like a Wii... I like it less and less... the 360 doesn't need that much shovelware... and otherwise good games fon't need motion control.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

as the 360 gets more and more like a Wii... I like it less and less... the 360 doesn't need that much shovelware... and otherwise good games fon't need motion control.waflerevolution
It would be tough to do a game like Dance Central on a controller.  Dance pads handle feet, an Eyetoy can do rudimentary tracking, but to do what Dance Central does, you need something else.  Child of Eden can be played with a controller, too, though, if you want to try Rez's spiritual successor.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

I went to my backloggery page and typed "Tom Clancy" into the search box and got 23 results.

Typed in "Mario" and got 29 results.

Typed in "Need for Speed" and got 13 results.

Typed in "Final Fantasy" and got 25 results.

Typed in "Sonic" and got 21 results.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 someNONSENSE

[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]We need to bring back the CCU Member Spotlights for the Home page. Gmsnpr has not been interviewed as far as I can tell, and there are new members that would make for interesting reading.. gmsnpr

I have the draft of the interview that Aspro sent me somewhere, but we can start over with new questions as well.  I can work on some interview questions and send them to you if you'd like to work together on restarting the interview series.

Send me the questions and fill me in on the process.. :)

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 waflerevolution
sounds like it'll be beefy... I remember mine was shortened by 3 pages lol
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts
[QUOTE="Big_Evil666"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

I didn't find E3 at all interesting this year... the lack of anything NEW being anounced was dissappointing...

waflerevolution

sooo...the PS Vita and Wii U being announced wasn't NEW to u, lol! :P

I should have specified GAMES but those will NEVER get my money so I don't even care... it's like Kinect... another gimmik that I don't even slightly want... nor believe will be supported 2 years in the future.

actually i do believe that like the Wii, the Wii U will be supported as will the PS Vita 2 years from now

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 waflerevolution
I still refuse the game industry... this future is no different than the stuff everyone hated the 90's sega systems for.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 gmsnpr

Check out this giant Skyrim advert from the Bethesda blog's Flickr account.  It's Todd Howard in the middle-I'm not sure who the other two gentlemen are.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Big_Evil666

I still refuse the game industry... this future is no different than the stuff everyone hated the 90's sega systems for.waflerevolution

don't know dude

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 KGKaiju
Member since 2010 • 861 Posts

I should have specified GAMES but those will NEVER get my money so I don't even care... it's like Kinect... another gimmik that I don't even slightly want... nor believe will be supported 2 years in the future.waflerevolution

I must disagree about Kinect's longevity.  After all of the development costs Microsft incurred bringing it to market and 10 million plus of them sold, they will not let it slip into obscurity w/o a fight.  However, I don't think that they're going to have to keep propping it up at retail to move units. I think it's slick and so do a lot of other people.  Like every system, there are a lot of duds for it, but as long as gems like Child of Eden and Dance Central keep trickling out, I'll keep buying them.gmsnpr

as the 360 gets more and more like a Wii... I like it less and less... the 360 doesn't need that much shovelware... and otherwise good games fon't need motion control.waflerevolution

actually i do believe that like the Wii, the Wii U will be supported as will the PS Vita 2 years from now

Big_Evil666

I still refuse the game industry... this future is no different than the stuff everyone hated the 90's sega systems for.waflerevolution

Just to weigh in......The whole "jump on the bandwagon" mentality really makes me a bit nervous.  This is what caused the first video game crash.  Will it happen this time?  There doesn't seem to be any evidence to support that yet but, if enough gamers get fed up with motion control, it could happen.  We really don't need every console supporting that function.  Those that do not like being quite that active while gaming should have options.  If this trend continues, no such options will exist. Right now, there are still 360 and PS3 games on the shelves that don't require Kinect or Move.....but what does the future hold?

As for me, I don't really mind motion controls as long as they work properly.  However, wanna know why my Wii collection is rather puny and will probably never be as large as what some of you all have.......the use of batteries.  Honestly, I think it is ridiculous to have to use batteries to play a video game in this day and time. You know my original Magnavox Odyssey only uses batteries.......but it came out in 1972!  Hey, I love retro.......I really do.......but battery usage isn't one of my "fond memories".  Yeah, one could use rechargable batteries but they are still a pain when you have to keep recharging them. 

Save the batteries....Vote for NES! :P

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Big_Evil666
well i dunno. i still plan to support the PS Vita and get a 3DS. i wouldn't mind trying Wii U but if i never get one it won't break my heart at all
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 waflerevolution
sony barely supported the PSP. I have no expectations for anything else they make portable.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 waflerevolution
and I'm sick of Nintendo's shananiganns with their DS... I'm not getting a new DS every other year to play all the new games that come out, it's BS demanding that... and people call MS greedy...
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Big_Evil666

and I'm sick of Nintendo's shananiganns with their DS... I'm not getting a new DS every other year to play all the new games that come out, it's BS demanding that... and people call MS greedy...waflerevolution

hell that's no different then them (Sony, Nintendo and M$) asking us to shell out money for a new system every 5 to 10 years. ah well, your opinions of course

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 waflerevolution
new DS every other year... is NOT the same... as a new system every 5. and the "DS" isn't even a "new" system, it just adds small changes that make the "new" games unplayable forcing you to buy a new system. that's not an opinion, it's a fact, the fact that I don't like that they are doing it IS an opinion.
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Big_Evil666

new DS every other year... is NOT the same... as a new system every 5. and the "DS" isn't even a "new" system, it just adds small changes that make the "new" games unplayable forcing you to buy a new system. that's not an opinion, it's a fact, the fact that I don't like that they are doing it IS an opinion.waflerevolution

ok, so u convinced me. each to their own 8)

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 waflerevolution
yea... I can't afford $150 for a new DS just to play new releases every other year... DS, DSlite, DSI, DSXL, 3DS, D$DPU? I have totally non-money related problems with the other stuff... I really just don't want to get into motion control... ever. not until it's literally VR... which I got to play with in 1996.
KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 KGKaiju
What puzzles me is why Nintendo would feel the need to change things. :| The DS was blowing the PSP away in sales the last time I checked. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Big_Evil666
What puzzles me is why Nintendo would feel the need to change things. :| The DS was blowing the PSP away in sales the last time I checked. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." KGKaiju
tis the way of things now i guess. everyone's out ot make that almighty dollar dollar
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 waflerevolution
at the cost of the souls and at the expense of a decent product.
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Big_Evil666

at the cost of the souls and at the expense of a decent product.waflerevolution

they have no souls...lol! don't u know that! :lol: :lol:

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 waflerevolution
people used to make products that would last a lifetime... now you're lucky if they last a year. no one should think it's funny that they lack human decency (a soul) it should NOT be culturally acceptable to be that way... and no one should have a blaze attitude about it... there's something seriously wrong with the world we live in...
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Big_Evil666

people used to make products that would last a lifetime... now you're lucky if they last a year. no one should think it's funny that they lack human decency (a soul) it should NOT be culturally acceptable to be that way... and no one should have a blaze attitude about it... there's something seriously wrong with the world we live in...waflerevolution

i figured that out years ago

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 gmsnpr

people used to make products that would last a lifetime...waflerevolution
The problem with doing that these days is the enormous added expense and your customers' short attention spans.  They'll get tired of your product long before it wears out if it's unnecessarily durable.  The trick is getting the durability and anticipated interest period in synch.

Who wants an avocado-green couch that lasts 50 years?  It'll be out of style long before that. 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]people used to make products that would last a lifetime...gmsnpr

The problem with doing that these days is the enormous added expense and your customers' short attention spans.  They'll get tired of your product long before it wears out if it's unnecessarily durable.  The trick is getting the durability and anticipated interest period in synch.

Who wants an avocado-green couch that lasts 50 years?  It'll be out of style long before that. 

but people who don't have the money to replace large appliences every other year is just... yea...

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 KGKaiju

gmsnpr

I don't know that to be totally true.  As everyone is different, there is a chance that there will be at least a few that will still be interested in a certain product for an extended period of time.  How would one know how popular an item may become if the product bricks out too soon?  Perhaps more people would follow the product if it didn't. ;)  Plenty of good examples can be found in our video game collections.  While the all but the current gen (and PS2) are obsolete, how many would want their vintage video game systems to "kick the bucket" once the generation was over?  The continued manufacturing of shoddy merchandise would eventually kill video game collecting. 

With regard to your avacado green couch example, I am not one to pay attention to style (as evidenced by my propensity to collect vintage games and systems) and wouldn't mind having a couch that was durable enough to last 50 years.  However, I would never buy an avacado green couch in the first place.........:P

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 waflerevolution
I think an avacdo colored couce would match my avacado colored room nicly... also, I don't care about colors.
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Big_Evil666
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]people used to make products that would last a lifetime...waflerevolution

The problem with doing that these days is the enormous added expense and your customers' short attention spans. They'll get tired of your product long before it wears out if it's unnecessarily durable. The trick is getting the durability and anticipated interest period in synch.

Who wants an avocado-green couch that lasts 50 years? It'll be out of style long before that.

but people who don't have the money to replace large appliences every other year is just... yea...

true enough

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 waflerevolution

and do you all know just how curropt this whole thing is? most of the big corperations won't give contracts to factories who refuse to make shoddy products. they actually say stuff like "we need this to last less than a year" and "we need our product to have a life expectancy of less than the time it takes for our newest product to come out"

I have friends and family who work in american factories and I am being 100% truthful and it's really that bad... I can't even imagine what happens outside the US in the even more seedy factories.

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 KGKaiju

You ever notice how only the outer layer of soap seems to clean properly....and as you get closer and closer to the center of the bar, it takes more and more to lather up? 

Also, what's up with deodorant?  About 1/8 of the bar is already gone before you even purchase it!  I remember when the deodorant didn't have to be rolled up before you used it the first time......:roll:

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 someNONSENSE

You ever notice how only the outer layer of soap seems to clean properly....and as you get closer and closer to the center of the bar, it takes more and more to lather up? 

Also, what's up with deodorant?  About 1/8 of the bar is already gone before you even purchase it!  I remember when the deodorant didn't have to be rolled up before you used it the first time......:roll:

KGKaiju

Whoa. You're right.. This has been happening slowly and right before our eyes without much notice.. I am going to be on the lookout for this next time I use bar soap get a new deodorant.. :P

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 KGKaiju
[QUOTE="KGKaiju"]

someNONSENSE

Whoa. You're right.. This has been happening slowly and right before our eyes without much notice.. I am going to be on the lookout for this next time I use bar soap get a new deodorant.. :P

I can't tell whether you are taking this seriously or not. :question: Perhaps it is just the particular soap (stopped using Zest) and deodorant (still using Arm & Hammer) that I have been/am using. :o

Not to change the subject, but since this is an off-topic thread, I suppose there is no concrete subject anyway :P.........

I should be going on a vacation trip to Chicago (about 6 days total) in an hour or so.....

Just thought I would let you guys know why the system-by-system leaderboard wasn't going up in the interim....

Mathurin47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#184 Mathurin47
Member since 2005 • 1425 Posts

[QUOTE="KGKaiju"]

someNONSENSE

I work grocery retail, so I've seen this happening for years. Products have been getting smaller and smaller. A few ounces here and there. Most people don't even notice. It's a price increase without (usually) actually having to raise the price.

It's been getting pretty bad lately, though.  Quaker just dropped their granola bars from a 10 count to an 8 just as price jumped from $2.18 to $2.45.  Then in the next aisle over I saw a correction paper hanging highlighting that the ad was supposed to refer to a 44.1lb bag of dog food instead of the printed 50lb. Way to point out that the bag is bit lighter than it used to be.  The sad thing is we still have a few 50 lb bags on the bottom of a some three-deep stack and no one seems to want to pull them out.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 waflerevolution

that's sad and deceptive :(

I just spent a week visiting my cat (and my my parents) with my kids and lady-friend... there's still novintage game buyingplaces anywhere... but there's about 13 new gamestops that weren't there 3 years ago :(

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
I need it to be Sept 20th so I can get my hands on Gears 3.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 gmsnpr

I need it to be Sept 20th so I can get my hands on Gears 3.Republican11
I just took a look at the limited edition Gears 3 360.  I'm already planning to set my current X360 slim up with a friend of mine who's on the fence about getting a current gen system so I can upgrade.  That thing is pretty.

Also, I just play tested some of my Megadrive games on my Nomad.  It's hard to get them through the cart slot, but they work.  I'm going to use a Dremel tool and widen the slot a little so I don't put insertion marks on all of them. 

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Republican11
Yeah I want that console too but I bought a slim 360 the day it came out so I cant justify buying a new console, no matter how epic its going to be. (Unless I just happen to stumble upon some spare money right before it comes out). I'm probably just gonna stick with the Epic Edition of the game which is already $150 I believe.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 waflerevolution

It's hard to get them through the cart slot, but they work.  I'm going to use a Dremel tool and widen the slot a little so I don't put insertion marks on all of them. 

gmsnpr

that's what he said :)

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Republican11
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

It's hard to get them through the cart slot, but they work.  I'm going to use a Dremel tool and widen the slot a little so I don't put insertion marks on all of them. 

waflerevolution

that's what he said :)

lol well played

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Big_Evil666

Yeah I want that console too but I bought a slim 360 the day it came out so I cant justify buying a new console, no matter how epic its going to be. (Unless I just happen to stumble upon some spare money right before it comes out). I'm probably just gonna stick with the Epic Edition of the game which is already $150 I believe.Republican11

the Epic Edition does look good! i'm so hopin for a Batman Arkham City CE

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 gmsnpr

The limited edition 360 that looks like total garbage atm is the Final Fantasy XIII one, since it came out right before the slim and is largely indistinguishable from the regular Elite.  I still think that the Halo 3 one, the RE5 one, and the MW 2 ones are fairly cool. The previous limited Slim for Halo Reach is also good.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 someNONSENSE
Okay, the Member Spotlight - #019 gmsnpr, parts 1 and 2 are now posted on the Home page. Enjoy. Thanks gmsnpr! :)
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Republican11
I was thinking about this at work the other day and thought I would ask if anyone here has tried it. I have been thinking about buying a workout bike to put infront of the TV so I could play games and get some cardio in at that same time. What do you guys think?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 waflerevolution

I was thinking about this at work the other day and thought I would ask if anyone here has tried it. I have been thinking about buying a workout bike to put infront of the TV so I could play games and get some cardio in at that same time. What do you guys think?Republican11

I used to have just that... and a tredmill.. but both got broken while moving... so now I've become fat and lazy lol

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 gmsnpr
I was thinking about this at work the other day and thought I would ask if anyone here has tried it. I have been thinking about buying a workout bike to put infront of the TV so I could play games and get some cardio in at that same time. What do you guys think?Republican11
I've been on the cusp of buying a treadmill to use while I'm distracted with gaming for a long time, but I'd need to rearrange my living room in a way I don't like to accommodate it.
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

It sounds like a good idea to me. I'd use one if I had one in front of my TV.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 waflerevolution

More GOOD news about games.

times.... they are... a... chaaaaaannnngggging...

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 gmsnpr

More GOOD news about games.

times.... they are... a... chaaaaaannnngggging...

waflerevolution
Good read.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 waflerevolution
I thought so... nothing I didn't know... and hopefully some people take it a bit more seriously than most of the articles about games...