waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

#1 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

since the previous one was silently locked on Nov. 10th! and no one ever bothered to make a new one... lazy union people :?

here is your chance to spam the heck outta a thread in the CCU. have fun!

clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts
Me love you waffle :oops: No more derailing the New Acquisitions thread :lol: That is my bad bad habit ;)
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 waflerevolution

Me love you waffle :oops: No more derailing the New Acquisitions thread :lol: That is my bad bad habit ;) clubhaxor

I blaim whomever locked the last topic and didn't post another... and I know it wasn't me as:

A. I wouldn't have locked an off-topic topic no matter the post count.

and

B. I have no powers in this union at all.

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#4 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Neat!

An off topic thread!

How off topic. 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waflerevolution
and yet it's inherenty on-topic.... quite the paradox, no?
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts

Heres a riddle:

Two coins add up to 30 cents, and one of them is not a nickel. What are the two coins?

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

111111111 * 111111111 = 12345678987654321

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 someNONSENSE

Heres a riddle:

Two coins add up to 30 cents, and one of them is not a nickel. What are the two coins?

Republican11

A quarter and a nickel! Duh :D

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#9 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I have a feeling this thread is going to sprain my brain... :?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waflerevolution

I have a feeling this thread is going to sprain my brain... :?

totalgridlock

I've sprained worse :/

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cosmostein77

Heres a riddle:

Republican11

A 20 cent coin and a dime.

Duh. 

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
[QUOTE="Republican11"]

Heres a riddle:

cosmostein77

A 20 cent coin and a dime.

Duh. 

I prefer the scrubs answer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezF_JO8agR0 From 1.20 onwards
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts
Is having to clear the hard drive cache on my 360 about once every ten days in order to avoid game freezing a sign that my hard drive is going bad and I'll soon need to replace it?
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
I didn't think the cache was part of the HDD, but I don't know.
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jollyroger78
Well, it started freezing up a couple weeks ago. A little bit of online research led me to the "clear cache" solution. It worked for awhile, but started in again today. It actually red-ringed me briefly. But once I got it started and cleared the cache again, it seems to be working alright. I'm just trying to figure out if this is something I can baby along for awhile or replace a part here or there, or if it's a sign of a more ominous problem.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 waflerevolution
on a similar topic; my XBL account no longer allows me to purchase points nor enter codes... upon seeking service to rectify this, microsoft tells me I need to varify my account on xbox.com... I find it hilarious because I have... and it's been there for almost 6 years. microsoft just really doesn't want my money.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gmsnpr

I watched "Hoarders" on A&E last night and was transfixed.  It's a show that kind of hits close to home for me, since there are members of my family with lots of "stuff", broadly defined, myself included.  The show basically documents people who have reached some sort of crisis state by letting their tendency to keep everything catch up to them, in ways like nearly losing their pets to animal control, or their children to protective services, or their homes to eviction.  It was an eye-opener on a couple of levels, one because I can see myself becoming a crazy, hoarding hermit like the people profiled given the right set of circumstances, and two because of seeing how awful some of the living conditions of the profiled people were.

I think that when having rotting pumpkins (plural) in the trash landscape that is your living room becomes the way your days are spent, then you are going to have to work pretty hard to come back to the table with the rest of "us".  I think I'm still part of the "us", at least for the time being.  Watching some of the profiled hoarders try to bargain with the show's professionals on keeping some broken trinket or newspaper clippings made my skin crawl and it also made me want to tidy up my house immediately, which I did.  Sometimes having bag upon box upon shelf of videogames seems less cool and fun and more creepy and symptomatic.  I am probably going to have to fight the onset of really extreme hoarding behavior as I get older.  I'm not looking forward to that, because I'm really good at rationalization and charismatic enough to make people think that I don't need help.

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Republican11
My back and feet hurt, I hate working at FedEx
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 waflerevolution
hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
I saw District 9 last night, I wasn't expecting much from the film, but in the end I really enjoyed it.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 waflerevolution

splosions?

also, my son squashed our new kitten to death when he turnede over in his sleep... how very sad... and what a terrible way to wake up :(

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cosmostein77

I watched "Hoarders" on A&E last night and was transfixed.  It's a show that kind of hits close to home for me, since there are members of my family with lots of "stuff", broadly defined, myself included.  The show basically documents people who have reached some sort of crisis state by letting their tendency to keep everything catch up to them, in ways like nearly losing their pets to animal control, or their children to protective services, or their homes to eviction.  It was an eye-opener on a couple of levels, one because I can see myself becoming a crazy, hoarding hermit like the people profiled given the right set of circumstances, and two because of seeing how awful some of the living conditions of the profiled people were.

I think that when having rotting pumpkins (plural) in the trash landscape that is your living room becomes the way your days are spent, then you are going to have to work pretty hard to come back to the table with the rest of "us".  I think I'm still part of the "us", at least for the time being.  Watching some of the profiled hoarders try to bargain with the show's professionals on keeping some broken trinket or newspaper clippings made my skin crawl and it also made me want to tidy up my house immediately, which I did.  Sometimes having bag upon box upon shelf of videogames seems less cool and fun and more creepy and symptomatic.  I am probably going to have to fight the onset of really extreme hoarding behavior as I get older.  I'm not looking forward to that, because I'm really good at rationalization and charismatic enough to make people think that I don't need help.

gmsnpr

The Soultion is simple, 

Increase the size of your home to make the size of your collection always seem less overwealming then it is. 

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

I watched "Hoarders" on A&E last night and was transfixed. It's a show that kind of hits close to home for me, since there are members of my family with lots of "stuff", broadly defined, myself included. The show basically documents people who have reached some sort of crisis state by letting their tendency to keep everything catch up to them, in ways like nearly losing their pets to animal control, or their children to protective services, or their homes to eviction. It was an eye-opener on a couple of levels, one because I can see myself becoming a crazy, hoarding hermit like the people profiled given the right set of circumstances, and two because of seeing how awful some of the living conditions of the profiled people were.

I think that when having rotting pumpkins (plural) in the trash landscape that is your living room becomes the way your days are spent, then you are going to have to work pretty hard to come back to the table with the rest of "us". I think I'm still part of the "us", at least for the time being. Watching some of the profiled hoarders try to bargain with the show's professionals on keeping some broken trinket or newspaper clippings made my skin crawl and it also made me want to tidy up my house immediately, which I did. Sometimes having bag upon box upon shelf of videogames seems less cool and fun and more creepy and symptomatic. I am probably going to have to fight the onset of really extreme hoarding behavior as I get older. I'm not looking forward to that, because I'm really good at rationalization and charismatic enough to make people think that I don't need help.

cosmostein77

The Soultion is simple,

Increase the size of your home to make the size of your collection always seem less overwealming then it is.

That worked for me. 

clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clubhaxor

splosions?

also, my son squashed our new kitten to death when he turnede over in his sleep... how very sad... and what a terrible way to wake up :(

waflerevolution

:shock:  Oh no poor kid...and poor kitten! :cry:

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 waflerevolution
yup...
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gmsnpr
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

splosions?

clubhaxor

:shock: Oh no poor kid...and poor kitten! :cry:

Too bad about the kitten. I didn't know that you had a son.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="clubhaxor"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

splosions?

gmsnpr

not that anyone pays attention to things I say anymore... but I have a son and daughter because the girlfriend I currently live with does. 

clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clubhaxor
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"][QUOTE="clubhaxor"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

splosions?

waflerevolution

not that anyone pays attention to things I say anymore... but I have a son and daughter because the girlfriend I currently live with does. 

I didn't know either :oops: Have you mentioned them before? 

I just bought a samurai hat for 80 points, officially a sucker :lol: also the new mini ninjas haunted theme cos it's awesome ;) I also wanted that cardboard tube weapon but thought it might be a bit over the top (and its 240 points :shock: ) but the animations were sooo cute :cry: Anyone else been suckered into avatar junk yet?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="gmsnpr"][QUOTE="clubhaxor"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

splosions?

clubhaxor

I didn't know either :oops: Have you mentioned them before? 

I just bought a samurai hat for 80 points, officially a sucker :lol: also the new mini ninjas haunted theme cos it's awesome ;) I also wanted that cardboard tube weapon but thought it might be a bit over the top (and its 240 points :shock: ) but the animations were sooo cute :cry: Anyone else been suckered into avatar junk yet?

probably a few times...

and no, I refuse to take part in that debauchery.

Morrino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Morrino
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts
I live in Argentina and games here are so much more expensive than in USA or Europe and even if I want to import games I have to bribe everyone in customs and pay a crapload of tax on stuff so this is one of the things that makes me like less my country :P
Avatar image for undergroundfrog
undergroundfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 undergroundfrog
Member since 2009 • 499 Posts
thatz ungroovi M! Mini Ninjasssss :)
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jollyroger78

Sigh...yet another 360 goes splat.  Unfortunately, this one will have to go off for an operation.  Since I have absolutely no clue what the turnaround is on these things, I have equally little idea as to when I'll be back on Live.  So, anyone wanting to play (say, Beatles?)...you'll have to wait a bit if you're set on my awesome plastic drumming ability.

Bleh.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gmsnpr
Mine was away from home for about 8 days, as I recall.
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jollyroger78

Mine was away from home for about 8 days, as I recall.gmsnpr

Only 8?  That's way better than I expected.  Hell, had you said thirty days, I'd have been pleased.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 waflerevolution
they just send you a different refurbed one... sadly...
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gmsnpr

they just send you a different refurbed one... sadly...waflerevolution

I think it depends on the kind or repair (or something), b/c my friend got a refurbed one twice and I got my original deck back. I know because I marked it special in a few spots and checked serials. I'm weird like that.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 waflerevolution
ya... I marked mine before... got back whatever... now I need to be online to play all my games :(
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 waflerevolution
ya... I marked mine before... got back whatever... now I need to be online to play all my games :(
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Republican11

ya... I marked mine before... got back whatever... now I need to be online to play all my games :(waflerevolution

If you delete them off your hard drive and redownload them, you don't need to be online to play them. But don't quote me on that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 203762174820177760555343052357

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]Mine was away from home for about 8 days, as I recall.jollyroger78

Only 8?  That's way better than I expected.  Hell, had you said thirty days, I'd have been pleased.

Yeah it doesn't take long. Understanding my situation (US citizen living abroad) you can only imagine how much I am ruing my next 360 failure. :( I can either buy another 360 from amazon and import it, or buy an AU 360 and mod it (which is legal in australia -- for any moderators reading this). Either way, it is going to be expensive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 203762174820177760555343052357

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]ya... I marked mine before... got back whatever... now I need to be online to play all my games :(Republican11

If you delete them off your hard drive and redownload them, you don't need to be online to play them. But don't quote me on that.

This is true. When I traded out my first 360 this was not the case, but since then MS has changed their procedures. 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 waflerevolution
thanks for that info guys...
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cosmostein77

After spending the last eight days in Florida, I would just like to say

Dang its chilly out!~

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gmsnpr

I just found a bag in the game room that has in it dupes of Resident Evil 5 (360), Gears 2 (360), Ocarina (64), Donkey Kong 64, and Quest 64 that I must have saving to trade in at some point.  Yay for disorganization.  I think I'll convert these into a copy of Overlord II.  The demo wasn't bad.

Also, I'm done with much of the title entry on Game List V 2.0.  In the process, I found about 20 items that I hadn't added here yet, hence the jump. Online and offline lists differ by about 30 titles, and I'm now double checking to make sure at least one version is correct. 

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gmsnpr

My offline and online collections are now reconciled.  There are differences, but at least I know what they are.  I found in rebuilding the list that I have at least 100 titles on 10 systems, with a few more in the seventies and eighties.  But, there's not one portable in those ten.  How's that for diversity?

1. NES
  2. Master System
  3. Genesis
  4. SNES
  5. PS1
  6. Dreamcast
  7. PS2
  8. Gamecube
  9. Xbox
  10. Xbox 360 

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 someNONSENSE

I thought there was an angry rant thred somewhere on the CCU message boards, but I don't know how to find it quickly.

Anyway, I am a little ticked that my local Bestbuy is not having their promised midnight opening for Halo 3: ODST. I have the pre-order, but now I have to wait until tomorrow at 10 to pick it up.. Argh... Bestbuy makes me mad sometimes... :x

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 waflerevolution

thanks for that info guys... waflerevolution

follow up: after spending several hours deleteing and re-downloading... I got to find out.... you were all wrong. they still will not play offline.

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

I watched "Hoarders" on A&E last night and was transfixed. gmsnpr

So, I bought an NES RF unit and a Saturn RF unit today at Goodwill for no other reason than because I thought I might need 'em some day. (I don't even own a Saturn.) Reading your post is making me question my judgement... and my sanity.

Also ... I bought three Dreamcast systems just last month.

Someone... please help.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"] I watched "Hoarders" on A&E last night and was transfixed. inkwolf

So, I bought an NES RF unit and a Saturn RF unit today at Goodwill for no other reason than because I thought I might need 'em some day. (I don't even own a Saturn.) Reading your post is making me question my judgement... and my sanity.

Also ... I bought three Dreamcast systems just last month.

Someone... please help.

I have 4 mostly functional dreamcasts... and tons of spare rf and av units... as well as AC units for various systems...

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Republican11
Its 4 in the morning and I am hammered drunk playing gears.