Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

It's that time again.  Here are the leaderboard

and five months of tracking data

It looks as though undergroundfrog's downloaded game problem is on the mend, although he's still 200 down from 2 months ago.

A lot of people made significant gains this month, as 11 people added 10 or more games in October.

Falconclan and Douglasbuffone have shown no leaderboard activity for 4 and 1 months, respectively.  What's up, guys?

In aggregate, the CCU leaderboard collections grew from 27588 to 28280 titles (692, 2.51%)

Top three spots by absolute growth are undergroundfrog (414), inkwolf (45), and cosmostein (37).

Top three spots by percentage growth are undergroundfrog (48.0%), inkwolf (4.4%), and newcomer dzms (3.6%).

Avatar image for undergroundfrog
undergroundfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 undergroundfrog
Member since 2009 • 499 Posts
congratz ppls ... hopefully soon I can be bak on the up & up
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9592 Posts
Hey, what's up guys? I have been a little tapped out on cash recently, but I hope to get the ball rolling again soon! I wanted to drop in a say hello to everyone, and let you know that I am still around!
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts

As I said a few days ago I am between jobs because my new one is screwing me over, so I haven't bought anything since Borderlands, but its giving me time to finish putting hardwood down in my new room (I should have photos up by the end of the week). 

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

Very impressive all! :o Great stuff!

One day I'll catch some of you! I've gone from a personal collection of 25 to 290 just in the past 10 months. So it won't be long!

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

I've been informed that waflerevolution's total is now 2207, rather than 2189.  Sorry for the error.

jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts

One day I'll catch some of you! I've gone from a personal collection of 25 to 290 just in the past 10 months. So it won't be long!

mijahi

You're right...it won't.  There's something in the Kool-Aid around here that makes you go crazy with the buying after you join.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#8 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
[QUOTE="mijahi"]

jollyroger78

You're right...it won't.  There's something in the Kool-Aid around here that makes you go crazy with the buying after you join.

compitition, jealousy, information?

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts
Some recent purchases have me at 1997 as of today. I might have to go out and make it an even 2000 or beyond just to shut my OCD up.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#10 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

With Pika breaking 2000, someone from the CCU needs to represent the 1500-2000 section of the graph :)

I take the challenge :) 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waflerevolution

With Pika breaking 2000, someone from the CCU needs to represent the 1500-2000 section of the graph :)

cosmostein77

good plan!

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
[QUOTE="cosmostein77"]

waflerevolution

good plan!

Yeah, and it looks like it is going to fall to Waffle to represent the 2500-3000 section of the graph!  ;)

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="cosmostein77"]

someNONSENSE

good plan!

Yeah, and it looks like it is going to fall to Waffle to represent the 2500-3000 section of the graph!  ;)

indefinitely... I used to be over 3K but my stint as a homeless person fudged that up...

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#14 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts
[QUOTE="cosmostein77"]

waflerevolution

good plan!

Now I just need to pick a console to rock out...

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 waflerevolution

cosmostein77

good plan!

buy an ebay lot.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 waflerevolution

cosmostein77

good plan!

buy an ebay lot.

DouglasBuffone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17 DouglasBuffone
Member since 2004 • 9421 Posts

I haven't had much time to play video games as of late. I just picked up Batman, Uncharted 2, and Modern Warfare 2 though. Slow and steady...

I've realized I don't need to buy every game anymore. For one thing, I just don't have the time, nor do I want to spend every waking moment alone playing games. I will play games that are particularly intriguing or critically acclaimed.  

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waflerevolution

I haven't had much time to play video games as of late. I just picked up Batman, Uncharted 2, and Modern Warfare 2 though. Slow and steady...

I've realized I don't need to buy every game anymore. For one thing, I just don't have the time, nor do I want to spend every waking moment alone playing games. I will play games that are particularly intriguing or critically acclaimed.  

DouglasBuffone

critics are idiots.

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

critics are idiots.waflerevolution

I could not agree more!! I prefer to read player reviews, but even then you have to be objective.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]critics are idiots.mijahi

I could not agree more!! I prefer to read player reviews, but even then you have to be objective.

everybody has their own opinions... and everyone's opinions are bias.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9592 Posts

My opinions are never bias... well, at least not ANYWHERE NEAR that of 98% of game critics and self proclaimed game critics.

The thing that most so called critics dont undertstand it seems is that different genres are meant for different age groups an different audiences. When I play ANY game I keep an open mind and I realize the target audience it is meant for before ever even playing it! In my opinion "You should NEVER read a critic review with a final score on a game until you have played it for yourself!"

Go ahead and read all the magazine articles you like, but dont pay any attention to final scores given out by magazines and critics alike! They are nothing but personal opinions. More times than not I would say thet the bigger game producers probably pay the magazines and sites off to give them higher scores. On top of that a TON of the lesser magazines and sites cant think for themselves, so they poll a few bigger sites or magazines and average out the final score.

You should be your own critic, and see if others agree with you second! Not the other way around ;)

Most kids and even adults alike seem to be lemmings and follow each other off cliffs.... sad if you think about it.... it is individuality and inspired thinking that most of the games of today lack, and the reason being, the bottom line is money, and if a company can milk your money for something generic that is similar to everything else on the market they will max out profits. Now, don't get me wrong, it isn't the producers who need to readjust their thinking, it is the consumers.... Think it over, you will realize I am right!

Oh, by the way, dont get me wrong, EVERYBODY is entitled their own opinion... My reviews are simply MY take on the game for the genre and age group it represents, not popular belief.

Now, I'm not saying go out and buy every game out there if that isn't your thing, all I'm saying is go ahead, write your reviews, and even read others. Bottom line is one mans junk is anothers treasure! Vice Verse of course.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 waflerevolution

My opinions are never bias... well, at least not ANYWHERE NEAR that of 98% of game critics and self proclaimed game critics.

The thing that most so called critics dont undertstand it seems is that different genres are meant for different age groups an different audiences. When I play ANY game I keep an open mind and I realize the target audience it is meant for before ever even playing it! In my opinion "You should NEVER read a critic review with a final score on a game until you have played it for yourself!"

Go ahead and read all the magazine articles you like, but dont pay any attention to final scores given out by magazines and critics alike! They are nothing but personal opinions. More times than not I would say thet the bigger game producers probably pay the magazines and sites off to give them higher scores. On top of that a TON of the lesser magazines and sites cant think for themselves, so they poll a few bigger sites or magazines and average out the final score.

You should be your own critic, and see if others agree with you second! Not the other way around ;)

Most kids and even adults alike seem to be lemmings and follow each other off cliffs.... sad if you think about it.... it is individuality and inspired thinking that most of the games of today lack, and the reason being, the bottom line is money, and if a company can milk your money for something generic that is similar to everything else on the market they will max out profits. Now, don't get me wrong, it isn't the producers who need to readjust their thinking, it is the consumers.... Think it over, you will realize I am right!

Oh, by the way, dont get me wrong, EVERYBODY is entitled their own opinion... My reviews are simply MY take on the game for the genre and age group it represents, not popular belief.

Now, I'm not saying go out and buy every game out there if that isn't your thing, all I'm saying is go ahead, write your reviews, and even read others. Bottom line is one mans junk is anothers treasure! Vice Verse of course.

WitIsWisdom

good rant. I totally agree.