New Acquisitions, Volume 13

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

12,000 posts and counting.

Please continue.

TotalGridlock:  The power supply is usually the first part to fail on a VCS.  Aftermarket replacements are readily available.

clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker-$10 from EB.
pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts

Vempire (PSP Mini) - $3 - Sometimes I wonder if Sony hates money. They must to not advertise that PSP Mini games can be played on your PS3 as well.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#4 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

TotalGridlock:  The power supply is usually the first part to fail on a VCS.  Aftermarket replacements are readily available.

gmsnpr

Yeah, I figured it would be.  I've got plenty of spare power supplies, but for some reason I don't have a 9v in my box o' bits :( It's off to Maplin I must go...

I'm dying for a bit of Galaxian...

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (X360) New $20
GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

Vempire (PSP Mini) - $3 - Sometimes I wonder if Sony hates money. They must to not advertise that PSP Mini games can be played on your PS3 as well. They do, just not very much. Thing is most companies are just making psp minis that only work on psp now.

pikadeth
Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dzjaansis
Member since 2002 • 27689 Posts

- Fuel (X360)

5$, new + sealed, beat that

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

Just a few to add this morning..

Tales of Legendia (PS2, Used, Complete, VG)

Tales of Vesperia (360, Used, Complete, VG+) Purchased both Tales of.. titles from a local shop. After my discount..I left with both games for a total of $45.

Disney TH!NK Fast (PS2, Factory Sealed w/Buzzers) Given to me by a family member who knows I collect.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 totalgridlock

Just a few to add this morning..

Tales of Legendia (PS2, Used, Complete, VG)

Tales of Vesperia (360, Used, Complete, VG+) Purchased both Tales of.. titles from a local shop. After my discount..I left with both games for a total of $45.

Disney TH!NK Fast (PS2, Factory Sealed w/Buzzers) Given to me by a family member who knows I collect.

mijahi

Nice. I still need to get Tales of Vesperia before it disappears from stores completely...

For me, just a couple of big box games from the junk shop:

Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet (PC) (White Label release) - missing manual but in very good condition, £1

Legend of Kyrandia Book I (PC) (Hit Squad release) - complete in very good condition, £1

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gmsnpr

Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet (PC) (White Label release) - missing manual but in very good condition, £1

totalgridlock

This sounds good. How much Lovecraft have you read (experienced)?

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 totalgridlock

[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

gmsnpr

Well... I've played the game Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and I've read a few short stories over the years.  Shadow Over Innsmouth, Dunwich Horror, Nameless City and a handful of others.  Not my usual literary fare but good stuff regardless.  Very creepy.

Oh, and I've seen Re-Animator.  If that counts :P

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

donkey kong land 3, blur, split second, mario galaxy 2, The Ballad of *** Tony, Modnation Racers, GTACW, Breath of Fire 2 and Paperboy 2. generally brand new games but they are good games to get
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#13 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I'll be picking up the Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS tomorrow as well as Metal Gear Solid PW LE.

Just wrote up a blog about how great Zero is and changed my avatar in anticipation. 

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

Went to my usual hunting grounds and happened upon an obvious NES collection. It seems that the collector took all of the cartridges and instructions out of their boxes and put them into those different colored neon 'nintendo' see-through cartridge holders. All the cartridges were absolutely mint condition as well as the manuals. So all of them were complete, NM without boxes. It breaks my heart to think of what happened to all of the boxes as I'm sure they were in the same condition as these cartridges. I'll list them in groups as to how they were priced.

$4 NES cartridges-

Cybernoid, Adventure Island, Kid Kool, Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back, Adventures of Lolo 2, Smash T.V., Mega Man 2, TMNT Turtles 3 - The Manhattan Project,  Bucky O'Hare, The Rocketeer, Kung-Fu Heroes, Trog!, Bomberman, Maniac Mansion, Kiwi Kraze, Felix the Cat.

Other carts-

Mario is Missing! $6 (also has map)

Rockin' Kats $7 *my 5th Atlus title. :)

A pretty good addition to my collection even though it was without boxes. The carts almost smell freshly pressed... 

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gmsnpr
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

totalgridlock

Well... I've played the game Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and I've read a few short stories over the years.  Shadow Over Innsmouth, Dunwich Horror, Nameless City and a handful of others.  Not my usual literary fare but good stuff regardless.  Very creepy.

Oh, and I've seen Re-Animator.  If that counts :P

I've been reading quite a bit of Lovecraft over the last few years and I used to think I was among the few, but there seems to have been a lot of attention paid to his and the Lovecraft Circle's writing lately.  Lots of movies, games, adaptations and derivative fiction.  There have been some pretty good works to come out of this resurgence(?) and some junk, like with everything.  If you get a chance to watch In the Mouth of Madness, Dagon, or Beyond the Wall of Sleep.  They are pretty decent, esp. the first two.  Stuart Gordon directed both Re-Animator and Dagon.

Three games arrived today in the mail from the same seller.  All with free shipping.

• Blazing Lazers, TG-16, no outer box, v. fine, R3, $13.95
  • Blue's Journey, NEO GEO AES, new/sealed, R2, $29.99
  • Zhadnost: The People's Party, 3DO, new but unsealed, complete with outer box and controller, R3, $39.95, upgrade

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TwarBlackshire

Also picked up some PC games after my NES cartridge discovery.

1. Star Wars - Rebel Assault 2 (PC) VG complete w/o box $1

2. R.L. Stine Goosebumps - Escape from Horrorland (PC) NM complete w/o box $1

3. Tribes 2 (PC) NM complete w/o box $1

4. Dungeon Keeper 2 (PC) NM complete w/o box $3

5. Stronghold Crusader (PC) NM complete $3

6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PC) G complete $2  

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Well, I dont know if I posted this or not yet, so here goes. My 1st gen 80 gig backward compatabable PS3 got the yellow light of death :( about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Up to that point I had never had a console or ANY gaming peripheral in general ever break or stop working in over 20 years of collecting and gaming (even being bought used).

Then my fc twin malfunctioned.... very strange cant really explain it.

All within a week this happened. (Funny thing is if you have a VERY VERY strong overly ironic sense of humor like me you will be able to laugh at this sickening news) Ok, here it goes, my life has been pretty tough as of late, and Im not a super religious man especially after my wartime in Iraq. Well, one particularly hard day where I (Wit) was at my Wits end, I actually said out loud (nobody else was around), "God just give me a break... please!" Well, next day as I said before my PS3 broke, and my FC Twin (SAME FREAKIN DAY). LOL funny huh... more like sickening to me.

Anyways I took this for what it was and decided to revisit the original Xbox, because there are a TON of games I overlooked (being more interested in PS2 at the time). I went out and bought several Xbox games I thought I would enjoy, and play while saving money to buy another PS3 and FC Twin.

Well, for about 5 days everything was fine and I was playing my copy of Gladius (one of my favorite games EVER!!!), and Knights of the Old Republic, when suddendly my Xbox stopped reading any and all discs.... SIGH

What a month eh?

Well, my wife felt my pain and called around and found me another original Xbox for $29.95 at GameXchange, so we took the trip I got my new Xbox and took a large haul of games I missed out on. So without further ado (sp?) here it goes. These are all original Xbox games, so I will not state that in every game post. Every game but 1 was complete and I will note that game when I get to it.

1. Outlaw Golf 9 holes of X-mas ($.99, Blockbuster exclusive, not properly registered in gamespots game library)

2. Outlaw Golf 9 More holes of X-mas ($.99/ rest of the info same as above)

3. Lord of the Rings The Two Towers ($2.95)

4. Night Caster Defeat the Darkness ($3.95)

5. Sudeki ($4.95)

6. Star Wars the Clone Wars/ Tetris World ($4.95)

7. Demon Stone ($5.95)

8. Star Wars Obi-Wan ($5.95)

9. Robin Hood Defender of the Crown ($5.99)

10. Bass Pro Shops Trophy Bass 2007 ($6.99 missing manual)

11. Thief Deadly Shadows ($6.99)

12. Dreamfall the Longest Journey ($7.99)

13. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic ($7.99) I am currently playing through this game and it is awesome! :)

14. King Arthur ($9.99)

15. Kingdom Under Fire Heroes ($9.99)

16. Fable ($9.99)

17. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II ($16.99)

18. The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year edition plus strategy guide (game= $24.95, manual $29)

That's it for now, but I really am enjoying my new Xbox games at least :)

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TwarBlackshire

What a month eh?

WitIsWisdom

Dude! I'm so sorry to hear all that happened to you. It is great to rediscover games and systems but what a rough way to come to that place. I feel for your bad luck. I don't suggest praying too much in the future. You just never know what might happen!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

LOL.... yeah I think god put a curse on me, my family, and everybody else I truly love from all the bad things I saw and did in Iraq. If it wasnt for skill, street smarts, and of course my beautiful wife, I don't know where I would be today. I can say one thing for sure though.... "If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all." "but, even with bad luck I still outplay them all!" :) (sounded like a line the leprechaun would say.... lol :P ) Maybe it's the force? The force is strong in me, KOTOR says so..... :P LMAOOOOOO...

See, Im still in good spirits about it at least.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Legolas_Katarn

Bought Peace Walker LE, Zero Collection will be in tomorrow so it will have to wait a day.

I also ordered the limited edition of Metal Gear Solid 4 on Amazon, with the artbook and documentary Blu-Rays.

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TwarBlackshire

Stopped by EB Games today-

1. Aion (PC) new $45

Stopped by Value Village (just on a hunch)-

1. Bubble Bobble 2 (NES) NM cart and manual w/o box $18

2. The Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout (NES) NM cart and manual w/o box $4 

Stopped by Future Shop and found some PS2 games in the clearance section- 

1. Warriors Orochi 2 (PS2) new $5

2. Eureka Seven Vol.2 - The New Vision (PS2) new $5

3. IGPX Immortal Grand Prix (PS2) new $5

4. The Divinci Code (PS2) new $5 

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 someNONSENSE
  • Ski Doo: Snowmobile Challenge (X360) New $10
  • Saint (Wii) New $7.50
GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GAMECAMILLER
Green Day Rock Band, x360, new
Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dzjaansis

- Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks (X360)

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mijahi

After picking up Tales of Legendia & Vesperia the other day...I have been on this kick to finish getting all the NA released Tales of.. titles. Through today, I had the 2 I just bought, Symphonia (GC), & Phantasia (GBA). And after doing a little online research and two phone calls...this morning I was able to track down a local and very good, used complete copy of Tales of the Abyss (PS2) for $31.

I believe that just leaves Tales of Destiny I & II (PS), Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World [even though I don't yet own a PSP or Wii :P], as well as the OVA Tales of Phantasia: The Animation. Am I missing any?? I know there are Japanese Tales of.. titles on the DS, and that the DS is region free... but I cannot read Japanese :?!

I also picked up Divinity II: Ego Draconis (360) [Used, Complete, VG] at the same place I got Tales of the Abyss for $16. Not sure what to expect with this one...

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

I recently found out about the region locking "tabs" in a SNES. I didn't want to desecrate my beloved childhood SNES, nor did I want to defile my SNS-101. So I called up one of my local Goodwill stores and lo and behold they actually had a SNES in stock for $10. No cords, just the console. I swung by, and although the case was discolored and it was marked as "untested - as is", I figured I would give it a shot for just a ten spot. Works like a charm. However, I really hated that discoloration. So I picked up a can of chrome spray paint. Here's a before and after.

SNES repaint

SNAZZY! For those who dislike console mods: not to worry; my original SNES and the SNS-101 have not suffered any discoloration at all and will remain pure. :P

By the way, I just happened to have picked up some Japanese import SNES titles recently:

Tactics Ogre (SNES)
Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (SNES)
Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo (SNES)
Romancing Sa-Ga 2 (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Daikaijyuu Monogatari

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

I recently found out about the region locking "tabs" in a SNES. I didn't want to desecrate my beloved childhood SNES, nor did I want to defile my SNS-101. So I called up one of my local Goodwill stores and lo and behold they actually had a SNES in stock for $10. No cords, just the console. I swung by, and although the case was discolored and it was marked as "untested - as is", I figured I would give it a shot for just a ten spot. Works like a charm. However, I really hated that discoloration. So I picked up a can of chrome spray paint. Here's a before and after.

SNES repaint

SNAZZY! For those who dislike console mods: not to worry; my original SNES and the SNS-101 have not suffered any discoloration at all and will remain pure. :P

By the way, I just happened to have picked up some Japanese import SNES titles recently:

Tactics Ogre (SNES)
Romancing Sa-Ga 2 (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Daikaijyuu Monogatari

inkwolf
my first SNES turned all yellow except the cartridge input area. its finally had it with games. some games were missing sprites, parts of screens, misplacing objects.the first player controller port goes in when pushed on. the reset sticks. the shell is broken on a side. the power plug thing broke and now just the prongs are there. here it ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORZwavpA8y0. my bro did the video. i decided to retire it and get a new one. that snes hasn't yellowed at all. the video is my room but i dont have that tv anymore.
totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 totalgridlock

SNES repaint

Tactics Ogre (SNES)
Romancing Sa-Ga 2 (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Daikaijyuu Monogatari

inkwolf

Oooh, shiny.

Even though I don't usually go for mods... very nice 8)

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mijahi

So I go up to one of my local shops with the intention of picking up a few random, loose NES and SNES carts I had been wanting to add to my collection for awhile, but just keep passing over. Needless to say, I passed them all over again and left with something much better!

Xenogears (Greatest Hits) - (PS, Used, Complete, Near Mint...the only flaws I find are on the case; a sticker on the back, and a place on the front where someone has tried to scratch off a sticker. The discs and manual are pristine!) Not only did they have this little gem, but they also had an original copy of the BradyGames Xenogears Strategy Guide. The guide is complete, but has some real creasing and bent corners, plus a bit of water damage...but it is still usable and the binding is tight. I paid a grand total of $50 for the both. (Not to mention they threw in a copy of the Blue Dragon (360) Strategy Guide for free as well!) :D Not a bad day!

I plan on adding pics to my PhotoBucket Video Game Collection album this afternoon...if not, then tomorrow at the latest.

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TwarBlackshire

Just when I thought I should slow down I came across a couple clearance boxes at a 'Canadian Tire' store.

(all games new/sealed)

1. Maximum Chase (XBOX) $5

2. The Terminatior - Dawn of Fate (XBOX) $5

3. A Series of Unfortunate Events (XBOX) $5

4. Stolen (XBOX) $5

5. X-Men - The Official Game (XBOX) $5

6. Special Forces - Nemesis Strike (XBOX) $5

7. Beat Down - Fists of Vengeance (XBOX) $5

8. Breakdown (XBOX) $5

9. True Crime - Streets of L.A. (XBOX) $5

10. Star Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith (XBOX) $5

11. Brute Force (XBOX) $5

12. Tony uHawk's Underground 2 (XBOX) $5

13. Mechassault 2 - Lone Wolf (XBOX) $5

14. Taito Legends (XBOX) $5

15. Odama (GC) $5

16. Prey (PC) $5

17. Bet On Soldier - Blood of Sahara (PC) $5

18. Universe at War - Earth Assault (PC) $5

19. Loki - Heroes of Mythology Limited Collector's Editon (PC) $10

20. Monster Madness - Battle for Suburbia (PC) $5

Then at a charity store I found...

1. Final Fantasy 9 Official Strategy Guide NM (Brady) $4

2. World of Warcraft Official Stategy Guide NM (Brady) $4

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pikadeth

SNES repaint

Tactics Ogre (SNES)
Romancing Sa-Ga 2 (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Daikaijyuu Monogatari

inkwolf

Maybe you should change your name from Inkwolf to Paintwolf! I don't mind console mods as long as I have an original somewhere in the collection. It's better than having a gross SNES that looks like it spent the past 15 years chain smoking.

Here's the latest damage. Nothing terribly exciting, but I now plan to paint them silver if they ever get discolored!

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (360) - NEW - Best Buy - $20 

Tetris Party Deluxe (Wii) - NEW - Best Buy - $30

Rogoo (Wii) - NEW - Wal*Mart - $15

X-Scape (DSiWare) - DSi Shop - $8

Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dzjaansis

- Cobra 11 Crash Time (X360)

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (X360)

- Red Steel 2 (Wii)

- Sherlock Holmes versus Jack The Ripper (X360)

- Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes (X360)

- Viva Piñata: Party Animals

- Where The Wild Things Are (X360)

All new and only 45$ for the lot

Almost at 1,000 games now :D 8)

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TwarBlackshire

All new and only 45$ for the lot

Almost at 1,000 games now :D 8)

Dzjaansis

Nice price and gratz on getting close to 1,000! Somehow I'm creeping up to that number as well :)

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mijahi

Culdcept SAGA (360, Used, Complete, VG+) $11.50

Arcana Heart (PS2, Used, Complete, VG) $9

-

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gmsnpr

I found these games over the last few days:

• Transworld Surf: Next Wave, GC, n. mint, complete, R0, $5, pawn shop
  • Killzone 2, PS3, n. mint, complete, R0, $15, same
  • Last Rebellion, PS3, new but opened, R0, $47.99, FX Videogame Exchange
  • The Calling, Wii, new but opened, R0, $37.99, same
  • Hidden Mysteries: Titanic, Wii, n. mint, complete with 7-page manual, R0, $10, pawn shop
  • Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, DS, n. mint, complete, R0, $22.45, FX Videogame Exchange 
Both Last Rebellion and The Calling are rated a 3.5 here--I know how to pick'em.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Legolas_Katarn

I went to a pawn shop and saw a lot of strategy guides, I didn't see any I wanted. Then I saw four more holding up some glass ash tray, I looked at them all and bought two for $3.50 each.

Suikoden 2 Strategy Guide

Hell yes. A little beat up around the edges but a great price, especially when it can go with the game.

X-Men Legends 2 Strategy Guide

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 someNONSENSE
Alan Wake - regular edition (X360) New $30
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gmsnpr

Suikoden 2 Strategy Guide for $3.50 

Hell yes. A little beat up around the edges but a great price, especially when it can go with the game.

Legolas_Katarn

Excellent find.  Maybe the game isn't too far away?

Also, someNonsense, $30 for Alan Wake is a good deal.

I went on a full-court press of game buying today: I hit yard sales, the flea market, Goodwill, a resale shop, Hastings, and a couple of game stores.  Here's what I bought:

Yard Sale (only one visit of 4 was fruitful):

• 59-block GC memory card and 
  • Platinum GC controller and 
  • Left 4 Dead GOTY Platinum Hits, X360, looks brand new, complete, R0-----all for $20

Flea Market----nothing

Play-N-Trade:

• Battle Arena Toshinden: U.R.A., SAT, n. mint, complete, R3, $4.49 
  • Command and Conquer, SAT, n. mint, complete, R2, $8.99
  • (2) Saturn Fighting Sticks in good shape, $4.49 apiece
  • Sega-brand 6-button wireless Genesis IR receiver and pair of controllers, R6, $13.50 

Pawn Shop (only one visit of 3 was fruitful):

• Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Wii, n. mint, complete, R0, $20 no tax 

Goodwill---nothing 

Resale shop---nothing

Hastings---bought movies but no games

Gamestop:

• PBR: Out of the Chute, PS2, v. fine, complete, R0, $5.39 This looks interesting--you can play as the bull.
  • Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, PS2, new/sealed, R0, $29.99
  • Steambot Chronicles: Battle Tournament, PSP, v. fine, complete, R0, $8.09, another Atlus title.  I've got more than 90% of the North American catalog now

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Legolas_Katarn

Excellent find.  Maybe the game isn't too far away?

Bought the game, with everything, online years ago for $50.

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GAMECAMILLER

Excellent find.  Maybe the game isn't too far away?Legolas_Katarn

Bought the game, with everything, online years ago for $50.

Awesome dude! then you are set.

gamesgmsnpr
Nice work, glad you finally got L4D and BAT is an excellent addition. And the Genny cotnrollers is awesome to have. Let's us know how they hold up.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gmsnpr

Nice work, glad you finally got L4D and BAT is an excellent addition. And the Genny cotnrollers is awesome to have. Let's us know how they hold up.GAMECAMILLER

I had L4D before buying this one.  It's destined for the trade heap.  I just tested the controllers on a CDX and they each worked.  It's noteworthy since the receiver is molded to fit to the front of a 1st-generation Genesis.  I used to extension cables to wire the receiver in to test it, since the CDX controller ports are a little walleyed compared to the 1st-gen Genesis.

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pikadeth

One last group of purchases before my (hopefully) break from buying.

Resistance Retribution (PSP) - NEW - Best Buy - $19.99 - It's greatest hits so I wanted to avoid the ugly box. 

Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe (PSP) - NEW - Best Buy - $9.99 - Eh... Why not?

Dawn of Discovery  (DS) - NEW- Toys R Us - $9.99 - I regret not buying the Wii version when it was on clearance so I jumped on ths one. 

Tomb Raider Underworld (DS) - NEW - Toys R - Us - $9.99 - A game that I might actually play so it seemed worth picking up.

Air Traffic Chaos (DS) - NEW - Toys R Us - $9.99 - It's nice to finally be able to scratch this off of my want list. 

Fight Night Round 3 (360) - NEW - Toys R Us - $9.99 - Easy points...

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 totalgridlock

Was a little too hungover from last night's footie (A draw? How did that happen?) to go to carboots this morning. So no killer finds today.  Besides, I've a feeling that more than a few sellers won't have bothered today either...

A small bundle of games off eBay arrived yesterday though:

Cool Spot (MD) - complete in very good condition

Mega Games I (MD) - complete in very good condition (contains Columns, Super Hang-On and World Cup Italia 90)

Micro Machines (MD) - complete in good condition but missing manual cover (duplicate)

Road Rash II (MD) - complete in very good condition

Sonic 3 (MD) - complete and near mint

Streets of Rage II (MD) - missing manual but in good condition

Strider (MD) - complete in good condition

Zoom! (MD) - complete in good condition

All in one bundle for £15 including postage.  It worked out cheaper than buying Road Rash II, Sonic 3 and Streets of Rage II seperately, so the other games are a bonus.  A little bummed that SORII is missing the book though, that's my own fault for not checking with the seller first :(

On a side note, I've a small update regarding the non-working Atari I got last weekend.  Turns out it wasn't the AC adaptor, so I opened it up and did some investigating.  The RF cable and other connections are all fine and there's no apparant damage to either of the boards.  I think I've narrowed it down to the power regulator; everything on the 'top' board is cooking with 9V, but the required 5V isn't getting back down to the main board (inside that clunky shielding).  I jerry-rigged a bypass and used a 5V adaptor to try and get some juice to the main board and I managed to get a spark of life.  There's definitely something there - an improvement over pure snow - but I can't seem to tune it in, so I'm guessing the RF modulator needs 9V.  I'm going to Maplin later today to see if I can get a replacement power regulator, so fingers crossed!

I'm determined to get this damn thing working now.

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts

Its been a while since my last post,

From gamestop

Culdcept Saga; 360 used/complete $12.99

DoA Xtreme 2; 360 used/complete $7.19

Time Crisis Crisis Zone; PS2 used/complete $5.39

Raiden III(continuing my recent Raiden addiction); PS2 used/complete $5.39

A sunday flea market visit got me these all used/complete unless noted

Dragons Lair; Sega CD $2

Fallout 3 game add-on The Pitt and Operation Anchorage; new/sealed $5

Sega GT; DC $1

Pipe Dreams 3d; PS1 $1

Motocross Mania; PS1 $1

Street Racquetball: PS1 $1

Ball Breakers (lol); PS1 $1

Speedball 2100; PS1 $1

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 someNONSENSE
  • Need for Speed Shift (PS3) New $12 ---- Sams Club
  • God of War III  (PS3) New $35 ---- Bestbuy
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) New $35 ---- Bestbuy
  • Bioshock 2 (X360) New $35 ---- Bestbuy
  • Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake (PSP) New $10 ---- Bestbuy
Also pre-ordered Crackdown 2.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gmsnpr

I hit up the flea market and the other Goodwill today and found:

Seller One, $40 for:

• Earth Defense, GEN, fine, complete, R4 (unlicensed release from Realtec)
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters, GEN. v. fine, complete,  R3
  • Wordtris, SNES, v. fine, complete, R4
  • Final Fantasy Tactics (Black Label), PS1, fine+, complete, R3 (trade duplicate)
  • Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Wii, n. mint, complete, R0 

Seller Two: $7 for:

• Snowboard Kids 2, N64, v. fine, cart only, R3 (an Atlus release)

Goodwill:

• Star Trek: The Advanced Holodeck Tutorial, GG, cart and dust cover, R4, $2.99

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pikadeth

One last batch since I'm terrible at behaving...

Katamari Forever (PS3) NEW - Play N' Trade - $40 - This has been harder and harder to find out here so the time seemed right. 

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3) NEW - Play N' Trade - $30 - I actually beat the first one about a month ago so this seemed like a worthy pick up. 

Gumshoe (NES) Used - Play N' Trade - Used - Cart Only - Free - It's been years since I've seen a copy in the wild so it seemed like a no brainer. 

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GAMECAMILLER

One last batch since I'm terrible at behaving...

Katamari Forever (PS3) NEW - Play N' Trade - $40 - This has been harder and harder to find out here so the time seemed right. 

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3) NEW - Play N' Trade - $30 - I actually beat the first one about a month ago so this seemed like a worthy pick up. 

Gumshoe (NES) Used - Play N' Trade - Used - Cart Only - Free - It's been years since I've seen a copy in the wild so it seemed like a no brainer. 

pikadeth
Plus is was free =P free is good. :P
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TwarBlackshire

Did my thrift rounds again, includinng a stop again at 'Canadian Tire' to pick up one more new xbox title I thought I had before.

1. SEGA wireless 6-button controller $5

2. Gameboy 4 player adapter $4 and 4 adapters to hook up to the GB's $10

3. King's Quest 7 (PC) NM no box no manual with Sierra's Official Hint Guide and also the Unauthorized Strategy Guide (both NM) $2

4. The Utimate Doom (PC) NM no box no manual with The Official Doom Survivor's Strategies & Secrets (NM) $2

5. Pocket Bike Racer (XBOX) VG complete $1

5. Mechassault (XBOX) sealed $5

6. Mortal Kombat (SNES) G cart only $5

7. Mortal Kombat 2 (SNES) VG cart only $7

8. Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES) VG cart only $7

9. Total Carnage (SNES) NM cart only $5 

10. Killer Instinct (SNES) VG cart only $5

11. Viva Pinata (X360) New $2 yep lol :lol:

12. NES complete console $10 with a Japanese cart inside called '110'. Grey cart. Must be a multi game cart.

13. Golf (GB) VG cart only $3

14. Track & Field (GB) VG cart only $3

15. Dead Heat Scramble (GB) VG cart only $3

16. Playstation 1 Console Complete and 1 Game- NHL  Faceoff 99 (PS) NM complete $12

A FEW NES GAMES ALL $3.50 EACH AT ALL NM condition (cart only)-

1. Action 52 *what a great find. I thought it might be rare and upon getting home to check I was pleased to find it was quite a lucky find in the wild! :D

2. Alien 3

3. Platoon

4. Track & Field

5. Mega Man 3

6. Metroid

7. Astyanax

All in all an awesome bunch of new stuff to play with and look at! Sometimes the hunt results in good stuff while other times it feels fruitless.