hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts

Sega is releasing a handheld pre-loaded with 20 games. All for 29 pound, games included are:

Alex Kidd
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Arrow Flash
Columns III
Crack Down
Decap Attack
Mean Bean Machine
Ecco
Ecco Jr
Eswat
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Jewel Master
Kid Chameleon
Sonic Spinball
Shadow Dancer
Revenge of Shinobi
Sonic and Knuckles

Full story link:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194000

Even though it is preloaded I still think it will be great to have it all in a single handheld, not bad for 29 pound.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#2 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

Not bad at all, shame it's just like all those shady multi-game consoles you get in cheapo shops and on markets...

It's a bit of an odd move from a marketing standpoint. Overall, I don't think enough people are going to be interesting in buying old games, and those that are interested (i.e. us) generally want the real deal or have already got the classics via XBL or VC.

*sigh* At least it's got Ecco Jr.

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

Not bad at all, shame it's just like all those shady multi-game consoles you get in cheapo shops and on markets...

It's a bit of an odd move from a marketing standpoint. Overall, I don't think enough people are going to be interesting in buying old games, and those that are interested (i.e. us) generally want the real deal or have already got the classics via XBL or VC.

totalgridlock

I know in the US, people seem to eat up old games like crazy. The best selling tv plug in games are often oens based around Old games.

Anyoen rememebr those min Genesis' tv plug in game style units they released a few years back? i still got mine. Awesome units. it's basically a mini gensis, console, preloaded with 6 or so Sega games. I even got the capcom one that contained SF Championship edition and Ghouls and Ghosts for the Genssis. has two 6 button geensis controllers with the units. I think radica made them in conjunction w/ sega.

Gr8houseAU93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Gr8houseAU93
Member since 2004 • 45 Posts

i would definitely be interested in the new Sega unit-- it looks like the old game gear, which I still have and play occasionally - I even have a few of those old games- Game gear was a good system but it just gobbles batteries--

I have 3 of the atari plug in and play systems, but i havent seen the genesis versions-- I never had a genesis myself so if I saw one I would definitely snatch it up-- genesis was a good system too !!!

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts

I'd be all over that if it had the SEGA logo on it (it did not appear to in that shot or in the link I followed).

I may still be all over, but lacking the SEGA logo just makes it look like those ones you get at the flea market (even though it's clearly been licensed legitimately).

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#6 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts
[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

GAMECAMILLER

I know in the US, people seem to eat up old games like crazy. The best selling tv plug in games are often oens based around Old games.

Oh they do here. I just wouldn't say enough to make something commercially viable. I could be wrong.

Like others have mentioned, without the Sega logo prominantly visible it does look just like all those illegal TV plug-ins that use unlicensed ROMS of old games. There was a bit of a crackdown on them recently here, with stock being seized from market stalls and shady stores and even a few bigger name stores. I know they're banned outright on eBay UK now. Maybe Sega are just looking to fill the little void.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#7 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts

I'd be all over that if it had the SEGA logo on it (it did not appear to in that shot or in the link I followed).

I may still be all over, but lacking the SEGA logo just makes it look like those ones you get at the flea market (even though it's clearly been licensed legitimately).

aspro73

Wonder why SEGA isn't on it. I agree that it would look more "official" if it said SEGA. Perhaps because it was subcontracted out?

It's nice to see a stand-alone handheld being packed with legit games for quick play on the go. I can see myself picking one of these up and throwing it in the trunk.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9582 Posts
I'll prolly buy one just to have it... even though I already own the vast majority of those games! It isn't anything that hasn't already been done 1,000 times, but if it puts more money into a very recognized companies pocket again, only good things can happen! ;) I know this sounds crazy, but I still think sooner or later Sega will give it another shot with something new, whether it be hand held or console!
inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts
I don't get it... why not just release another Sega Genesis Collection with different games? I would imagine this endevor would have much more overhead costs what with producing and shipping hardware. It's still cool.