someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

Wow. One of the most impressive collections I've ever seen. Most of his console collections are near complete, in box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAfmTVJCpRY&feature=related

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts
If I had the ability to run my own game store I'd be doing the same thing. That guy is my hero. :P
KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KGKaiju
Member since 2010 • 861 Posts

Wow........I am going to have to meet this guy when I travel through the St. Louis area.  That is a very impressive collection. 

I wonder if he has a complete APF-M1000, Emerson Arcadia 2001, RCA Studio II, Bally Astrocade, Vectrex, and Fairchild Channel F collection.  If not, I may have some that he is lacking..........Hmmmmm.....There may be trade potential.

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

Just a tad bit jealous here...

wow

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#5 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
I can't help but be jealous a little... but I think it's nice to see someone with the same goals and ideals as a collector... so I'm also given a sense of pride... if that's a little wierd...
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

Just a tad bit jealous here...

wow

TwarBlackshire

ditto

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 someNONSENSE
I noticed from the video that his PS1 collection is all black label. He could probably find those missing sports titles if he would settle for greatest hits. But apparently he doesn't want to settle for less than black label. Which make his collection all that much more impressive..
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#8 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

I noticed from the video that his PS1 collection is all black label. He could probably find those missing sports titles if he would settle for greatest hits. But apparently he doesn't want to settle for less than black label. Which make his collection all that much more impressive..someNONSENSE

You have to respect any collector that is as anal as us about blacklabel LOL 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 waflerevolution
I admit to owning a few greens but I do at least TRY to replace them with blacks... or in addition to the black ones...
KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KGKaiju
I noticed from the video that his PS1 collection is all black label. He could probably find those missing sports titles if he would settle for greatest hits. But apparently he doesn't want to settle for less than black label. Which make his collection all that much more impressive..someNONSENSE

You have to respect any collector that is as anal as us about blacklabel LOL 

cosmostein77

I admit to owning a few greens but I do at least TRY to replace them with blacks... or in addition to the black ones... waflerevolution

Hmmmm.......I am a bit of a stickler with regard to condition but never really thought about replacing greens with blacks.  Just checked and found that I have 4 of them..... That is a bit surprising as I thought I only had one (Twisted Metal).....but it is a game that I actually have as a black label. I guess that I am not too observant regarding some things.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waflerevolution
lol I bought a few "high seller" editions on each systems but in a few cases I did so for a bunus thing that came with it... like Mass Effect 1 (360) and Pac-Man World (GCN)
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

I actually do get pretty picky about the whole 'black label' think as I think it looks nicer when it uniform.

That why I absolutly hate the Sony completely changed their PS3 (and PSP) labeling halfway through the cycle.  :evil:

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 waflerevolution
I only recently noticed that... it bugs me too... it's almost as bad as microsoft's new dashboard update that ranks games as 6th most important.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 someNONSENSE
I actually do get pretty picky about the whole 'black label' think as I think it looks nicer when it uniform.

That why I absolutly hate the Sony completely changed their PS3 (and PSP) labeling halfway through the cycle.  :evil:duncanr2n

Yeah, I actually separate my PS3 games by label on my shelf now. All the old label games are alphabetized together, then all the new label games. :) 

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

That is the most amazing collection I have ever seen. This dude is for real...

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KGKaiju

That is the most amazing collection I have ever seen. This dude is for real...

arkephonic

I met the guy at the Midwest Gaming Classic and went to his store in Fenton, MO.  Unfortunately, I must say that his collection is a lot better than his attitude.  He seemed a bit too arrogant and had a condescending air about him.  I could really tell that he was talking down to me.  Sadly, meeting him was one of the low points of my video gaming vacation back in March......and to think, I thought that would be a high point. :(

Thankfully, meeting one of the members of this board (waffle) made up for that disappointment. :)

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waflerevolution
I am proud but not arrogant... that's for sure... in my opinion, being able to show off your collection to someone who appreciates it is more than enough to enjoy doing it... being as ass about it... well... that's just silly.
KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KGKaiju

I am proud but not arrogant... that's for sure... in my opinion, being able to show off your collection to someone who appreciates it is more than enough to enjoy doing it... being as ass about it... well... that's just silly.waflerevolution

I guess that some collectors go overboard in more ways than one.  Glad you aren't like that....and I hope that I don't show myself to be that way either.  That certainly wouldn't be my intent.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 waflerevolution
nope... but it's sad to hear that mr "I own a store" is... mayhaps he needs a robble...
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 someNONSENSE

nope... but it's sad to hear that mr "I own a store" is... mayhaps he needs a robble...waflerevolution

In 40 years of listening to and reading the English language I have never come across "mayhaps he needs a robble"..whatever that means.. lol

But I am curious as to the specifics of the exchange that KG had with Mr I-own-a-store..  What did he say KG?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 waflerevolution
I take advantage of my ability to misuse the language I use.