waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

#1 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

We all know how much everyone loves the popular games and series... CoD, Halo, God of War, Elder Scrolls, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, ect. - But we are supposed to be "Candid" as in we accept all games into our lives. This attitude is what brings me here. We had a thread like this a number of years ago, and because I couldn't find it, I figured we could start it again. The previous thread is where several of our members found games like Gladius and Blood Will Tell and many more, this is the reason that I decided we need to start this again.

I formally request that people contribute to this thread a list of games for any system that is not "popular" but is - in your own opinion - awesome, noteworthy, enjoyably quirky or even just holds a special place in your heart.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
A new"ish" game I think a lot of CCUers would like is Ghost Trick, which is available on DS and iOS.  Great little puzzler!
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

lol i don't have any games that you guys have not heard about on consoles so ill suggest a droid/ios game

its called plagueinc. its basically a strategy game where you create a virus that you are trying to spread to the whole world to kill the whole world. first night i dled it, i played from 2 at night til 10 am

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

The guy who started that other thread was AWESOME!

Wafflejohn is the king of hidden gems.  Mrs Aspro and him are attuned to like the same games which has worked out well over the years. 

I will add my own gems here as I think of them.

• Reservoir Dogs (PS2). This came out way after the film, did not get any support fromTarantino (who hates video games), and yet it perfectly weaves it's own story into the timeline of the movie.  It also captures the feeling of the movie perfectly.  A short game, but not longer than it need be. My full review is here.
  • Air Traffic Chaos (DS) Read the review, it's short.  I love this game.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CodingGenius

lozengez

I second that nomination! 

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lozengez
[QUOTE="lozengez"]

CodingGenius

Someone other than me played it. *falls over*

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lozengez

I'll nominate Port Royale 3 to the list. It's similar to Sid Meier's Pirates but with a mix of city building/managementwaflerevolution

I'll try get the PC version, the other formats would be impossible for me to find here. (Ah yes, it's on steam).

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 waflerevolution
I'll nominate Port Royale 3 to the list. It's similar to Sid Meier's Pirates but with a mix of city building/management
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CodingGenius
[QUOTE="CodingGenius"][QUOTE="lozengez"]

lozengez

Someone other than me played it. *falls over*

I think I bought it based on your recommendation!

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lozengez
Cool.  It can get pretty stressful can't it?
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#11 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

I am going to go heavy old school Koei here:

Aerobiz (either one), Uncharted Waters (either one), Liberty of Death, and Operation Europe 

Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dzjaansis
Member since 2002 • 27689 Posts
Brahma Force was one of my favs on the PS
pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts

It's nice to see Air Traffice Chaos getting love here. I'd like to add that it's one of the few games that takes advantage of the DS rumble pack on top of being great.

McDonald's Adventure in Treasure Land (Genesis/Megadrive) - I bought this because it will never appear on a modern console due to the license and was blown away by how fun it is. It takes place in Treasure Land because it's developed by Treasure. Yes. THAT Treasure. 

Wade Hixton's Counter Punch (GBA) - It's like a more fleshed out version of Punch-Out!!! 

Ninja Five-O (GBA) - Some action platforming greatness on the GBA. This game is 10 years old already? 

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (DS) - Another example of a portable that was far superior to it's console big brother. You beat the crap out of stuff and use the experience to level up your Jedi powers as you see fit. This gets the nod over the GBA version thanks to some cool bonus flying levels exclusive to the DS. 

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lozengez

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (DS) - Another example of a portable that was far superior to it's console big brother. You beat the crap out of stuff and use the experience to level up your Jedi powers as you see fit. This gets the nod over the GBA version thanks to some cool bonus flying levels exclusive to the DS. 

pikadeth

Do you have any idea how different the DS version is from the other platforms it was released on? (Besides GBA)

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 waflerevolution
a game I'd like to reccoment to turn-based strat games fans is Galactic Civilizations II. not only is it a very in-depth game but you also have the freedom to design your own ships. it somewhat resembles the Civiliztion series in its playstyle but it remains a unique gem in the world of TBS games.
lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lozengez

a game I'd like to reccoment to turn-based strat games fans is Galactic Civilizations II. not only is it a very in-depth game but you also have the freedom to design your own ships. it somewhat resembles the Civiliztion series in its playstyle but it remains a unique gem in the world of TBS games. waflerevolution

PC?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]a game I'd like to reccoment to turn-based strat games fans is Galactic Civilizations II. not only is it a very in-depth game but you also have the freedom to design your own ships. it somewhat resembles the Civiliztion series in its playstyle but it remains a unique gem in the world of TBS games. lozengez

PC?

yes. it also has a lot of modding options.

http://www.galciv2.com/index.aspx

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waflerevolution

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/stardock-mega-bundle/104898

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W4701

also worthwile...

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CodingGenius

This is as far as we got?  Seriously?  :)

I'd like some PSP related goodies, please! 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 waflerevolution

This is as far as we got?  Seriously?  :)

I'd like some PSP related goodies, please! 

CodingGenius

Harvey Birdman is worth a mention, it's on PSP and PS2... it plays like a funny version of Pheonix Wright

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#21 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts
Boom Blox (Wii) Anyone?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 waflerevolution
for those who enjoy the Advance Wars games and still play SNES games you should try War 2410. it's the same series.
lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lozengez

Boom Blox (Wii) Anyone? cosmostein77

Absolutey a great pick.  Unfortunately I have Tennis Elbow, which makes that game a pain for me, but damn, it's a great use for the Wii controller.

Okay, here's a new one for you all.  Warhammer 40,000K: Space Marine.  It is a third person shooter with mellee combat (ala God of War).  Probably the only 3PS this gen that DOESN'T have cover (refreshing).  The characters all have a nice archetype to them and some of the levels evoke earlier shooters.  Many of the levels are novel, and in short it is just a unique and enjoyable game.  I have the 360 and PS3 copies, the 360 copy looks better.  But PC is best of course, and also dirt cheap.