TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
Just thought I'd see if anyone has noticed the change GS has put into adding games to your collection. It now lumps all releases of a game title under one banner regardless of system. So I just bought the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy and I haven't been able to figure out how to add as a separate XBOX addition or a PS2 addition. Anyone have any idea? Why would they lump all the systems together as one title release????
KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KGKaiju
Member since 2010 • 861 Posts

It is strange that you bring that up at this time as I created a thread yesterday about this very same subject.  There may be an easier way, but I have found a workaround that will get the games added.  It is detailed in my post here:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29164310/why-does-adding-a-game-have-to-be-such-a-pain

That thread is closed due to the fact that there is a similar one that is currently open.  Here is a link:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29161356/how-to-add-pc-titles-through-add-to-list

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#3 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
I gave up on Gamespot being logical or functional years ago... I wish you luck with that.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
I recently discovered that it is now more annoying to add games to my collection on Gamespot, so I am mostly just adding to Backloggery. I do still add games here out of habit, but there are a lot of titles missing in my GS list due to annoyances..
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TwarBlackshire

I recently discovered that it is now more annoying to add games to my collection on Gamespot, so I am mostly just adding to Backloggery. I do still add games here out of habit, but there are a lot of titles missing in my GS list due to annoyances..someNONSENSE

Unfortunately I'm finding that is my trend now as well. Hopefully things start working better than they are now otherwise it will be very difficult to keep my game additions up to date.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#6 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
If you search for a game through the Search at the top, then you can add platform specific titles. It can be a bit of a pain, though.
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TwarBlackshire

If you search for a game through the Search at the top, then you can add platform specific titles. It can be a bit of a pain, though.CodingGenius

I don't know where you can add platform specific titles. Using the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy as an example, if I search 'Grand Theft Auto Trilogy xbox' it only gives me the option of the PS2 release. Is there a way of choosing the xbox release? This is my issue which I haven't been able to figure out how to work around it.

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KGKaiju

[QUOTE="CodingGenius"]If you search for a game through the Search at the top, then you can add platform specific titles. It can be a bit of a pain, though.TwarBlackshire

I don't know where you can add platform specific titles. Using the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy as an example, if I search 'Grand Theft Auto Trilogy xbox' it only gives me the option of the PS2 release. Is there a way of choosing the xbox release? This is my issue which I haven't been able to figure out how to work around it.

This is how I was able to add a game.  Using Chicken Run for the DC as an example, I first typed the game title in the search bar.  After the page loaded, I scrolled down and clicked on "Chicken Run".  Once on the game page, I moved the cursor over the "Follow" button.  This activates a drop-down menu.  I then moved down to "Dreamcast" and left clicked.  After doing that, I clicked the back arrow button twice to return to my game collection page and left-clicked "Following" under "Game Lists". Then I clicked the "Options" tab for the game in question to activate the scroll-down menu and clicked "Move to My Collection".  

The problem for me is that I still need to add almost 600 games to update my GS game listing.  Going through this procedure almost 600 times would be very time intensive.....so I am going to wait until GS fixes this before adding those games in.

Important note: Do not click the "Follow" button.  Instead just allow the cursor to hover and the drop-down menu will show all of the available platforms for which the game in question was made.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

actually when you put your mouse up to the follow button (but not click on it) it shows options on what platform you want to follow on...so if you set your follow to automatically put in your game collection, its easier that way

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KGKaiju

actually when you put your mouse up to the follow button (but not click on it) it shows options on what platform you want to follow on...so if you set your follow to automatically put in your game collection, its easier that way

jsmoke03

True.....but for those (like me) that don't want to follow a bunch of games, the only way to avoid that is to un-follow them as well.  The way I was suggesting would kill two birds with one stone. ;)

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

KGKaiju

True.....but for those (like me) that don't want to follow a bunch of games, the only way to avoid that is to un-follow them as well. The way I was suggesting would kill two birds with one stone. ;)

did they change the options when you click follow? i thought you can set it to automatically add to collection?
KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KGKaiju
[QUOTE="KGKaiju"][QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

jsmoke03

True.....but for those (like me) that don't want to follow a bunch of games, the only way to avoid that is to un-follow them as well. The way I was suggesting would kill two birds with one stone. ;)

did they change the options when you click follow? i thought you can set it to automatically add to collection?

When I last checked, you could set it to automatically add....but you would still be following the game.  If you don't want to follow the game and get updates, you would still have to un-follow......unless things have changed. The game could still be added to your collection without having to follow it. ;)

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TwarBlackshire
Thanks KG. Your explanation helped greatly. I appreciate it.
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

I gave up on Gamespot being logical or functional years ago... I wish you luck with that.waflerevolution

yes me too! this site gets harder and harder to like! don't know why they don't leave well enough alone! if it ain't broke for the love of all things holy, DONT FIX IT!

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KGKaiju

Thanks KG. Your explanation helped greatly. I appreciate it.TwarBlackshire

I am glad that I could be of help. :)