Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

Important Disscussion Threads:

These are the discussion topics that aren't not necessarily stickied, that are the bread and butter of the CCU, the ones that are the most useful and used, often. Sometimes, a thread will be closed and a new "updated" one will be corrected. When it does, this will be updated and the version number will also be noted here. Note there are others topics out there to see, but these are some of the best that can help you in your discussion about something particular.

New Acquisitions, Volume 3-Our most popular thread, tell us what your new games are and how you got them.

The Off-Topic thread-the latest version of our Off-Topicthread. Talk about ANYTHING here

The Maintenance Thread-Find out how to keep your systems going

Ideas for the Main Page.-Have an idea for our main page? Please share it here!

The Game Exchange-Trade, Sell and Buy from other members here.

the Building Complete games thred (for tradeing/selling purposes) Just like the game exchange but without games.The "Have You Played?" thread - This topic is for is to ask whether other members have ever played a particular game, and what their opinions are on it. Don't just go there to ask, go there to help.

Rooms of Doom-The bigger version of the picture thread, no limit pictures can be posted here

RATE MY COLLECTION THREAD!-Post a direct link to your collection and get it rated and critiqued by staff.

Is this Rare?-Ask about what you think might be rare, get your answer.

Careers in the Game Industry-Talk about them here.

the ''is this game worth this much'' thread-Come here to get advice on weather or not to buy the game in your sites at it's current price.

The "Have You Played?" thread - This topic is for is to ask whether other members have ever played a particular game, and what their opinions are on it.

Argh, Storage!-Thread dedicated to talking about storage, storage of your games, and other gaming stuff.

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

Important Informational Threads:

These are threads that are useful in your quest for video game collecting information.

SMS and NES-A list of games that were on both.

The CCU eBay BlackList-A list of eBay sellers that have demonstrated untrustworthy behavior.

Dreamcast Checklist-Download it here!

Playstaytion 1: Greatest Hits-PS1 games that have been re-released with a green bar and cheaper price.

Playstaytion 2: Greatest Hits-PS2 games that have been re-released with a red bar and cheaper price.

Sega All-Stars (Dreamcast Re-Issues)-The list of Sega All-Star games.

The Light Gun game guide-A listing for all video games that use light guns.

all Nintendo game lists!-Downloadable game lists for every Nintendo made system!

Complete List of Nintendo 64 Player's Choice Games-N64 games that have been re-released with a gold ribbon and cheaper price.

Versus Books Volumes-A list of Versus Books-published Strategy Guides (list not complete)

Video Game Conventions-The place to add dates, times and places they are held and then talk about them.

Game Store Directory-Find game stores that you might not know about. Know one we don't? List it here!

Discontinued and Rare games-Games that became scarce for good reasons.

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts

And here are some web sites that you may find useful: (This was initially it's own thread)

Some helpful sites for newcomers and other users needs.

A site containing a complete list of video and computer games

Digital Press Rarity Guide

Cheap Ass Gamer

RF Generation

VG Music

an AWESOME image hosting site for users who want custom sigs, banners or want to add pics to the collection pic thread

DS Game Emblem Maker

Good Import Websites:

Play Asia

National Console Support Shop

eStarland

Game Liquidation

Yamatoku

Super Potato

http://www.japangamestock.com/

Trusted Game Stores:

Gamestop

Go Gamer

OverStock

Video Game Liquidators

Baysoft Games

CD universe

Game Price Zone

Shop Good Will

Video Games Plus

Tele-Games

MCVANS

Family Video

E Game Addiction

Utilities Sites

FATXplorer

usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 usagi704
Member since 2003 • 2058 Posts
Listing Toys n Joys as trusted is a stretch if you ask me. >_> However, one you can put there as I have bought many games from them in the last year is JapanGameStock
afjkidd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 afjkidd5
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

Here's a good site for low priced Neo Geo CD games. They also have many other games, systems, and other items available.

http://www.egameaddiction.com/store/

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts
is it alright to resurrect some of those topics if they're old?
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#7 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

is it alright to resurrect some of those topics if they're old?Big_Evil666

oh my yes.

dzms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 dzms
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts
How about backloggery.com? It's a great site for people who buy more then they can finish.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waflerevolution
yea, I'd have added it a while ago... but... alas I have no power here.
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

I came across a pretty cool site that has printable checklists for games of every type of console I recognize. Check it out if you need to print out copies to keep track of your gaming inventory. There are 3 checklist boxes for each game, those being 'quantity/box/manual'. This way you can keep track of each component that a game represents (how many boxes without the manual do you have? lol) and hopefully help you not buy the same thing twice. Anyways, here is the link to the site...

http://www.rfgeneration.com 

Just go to the 'TOOLS' section and click on the 'collection checklists' option. Once there you just choose the console/series that you want a checklist of and if you want to print it out then just use the 'printer friendly' link. These lists are divided into different world regions so make sure you are clicking on the console/series of the region that you want a list of as the differences between, say, North America and Japan are pretty different (of course! haha). Hope this is helpful to someone. 

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

I came across a pretty cool site that has printable checklists for games of every type of console I recognize. Check it out if you need to print out copies to keep track of your gaming inventory. There are 3 checklist boxes for each game, those being 'quantity/box/manual'. This way you can keep track of each component that a game represents (how many boxes without the manual do you have? lol) and hopefully help you not buy the same thing twice. Anyways, here is the link to the site...

http://www.rfgeneration.com 

Just go to the 'TOOLS' section and click on the 'collection checklists' option. Once there you just choose the console/series that you want a checklist of and if you want to print it out then just use the 'printer friendly' link. These lists are divided into different world regions so make sure you are clicking on the console/series of the region that you want a list of as the differences between, say, North America and Japan are pretty different (of course! haha). Hope this is helpful to someone. 

TwarBlackshire

I used to use rfgeneration a while back.  I actually liked it because of the ability that it has to keep track of all the different versions, but, I found with my collection that I was constantly submitting games to them.   I kinda got sick of it so I stopped using it.  I use Backloggery instead now.

Backloggery isn't perfect either but so far it's been my favorite spot for putting my collection online.

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#13 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts

Can anyone perhaps point me in the direction of where I can import PAL released games. Imports usually aren't my thing unless its my beloved gundamu, but No More Heroes Paradise is being a bit weird about coming to the US. For whatever reason no one wants to pick it up and release it in the biggest market in the world.

Anyways, over Gamescom Konami said they would be releasing a pal version of the game with Move controls and uncut graphics (The Japanese version has no blood on the PS3 version.) Normally I'm not a huge fan of blood, it doesn't get me off like it seems to for most gamers, but No More Heroes just looks very strange without.

Anyways, I'm rambling. How can I go about importing PAL games?

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#14 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

falconclan

Amazon are very funny about shipping games internationally, but most other UK online retailers have no such qualms.  Game, Gameplay and Shopto all deliver most items worldwide for less than £5 (exceptions being heavy items such as consoles) so you should be set should the unthinkable occur and a game is released in the EU but not NA... :shock:

Having said that, I'm sure NMHP will get released in NA at some point.  After all, it would be silly to ignore the world's third biggest gaming market :P

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#15 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
[QUOTE="falconclan"]

totalgridlock

Amazon are very funny about shipping games internationally, but most other UK online retailers have no such qualms.  Game, Gameplay and Shopto all deliver most items worldwide for less than £5 (exceptions being heavy items such as consoles) so you should be set should the unthinkable occur and a game is released in the EU but not NA... :shock:

Having said that, I'm sure NMHP will get released in NA at some point.  After all, it would be silly to ignore the world's third biggest gaming market :P

Hmm, are we really 3rd? Anyways, thanks, I'll keep all that in mind. I would figure it would come to the US as well, but its already been a bit of a wait for the game, and no word, or seeming desire to bring it over, so im in a desperate struggle for paradise.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 waflerevolution

http://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/

add that.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

http://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/

add that.

waflerevolution
Done.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waflerevolution
it's too bad that coding issues have made most of this thread un-repairable... perhaps someone might make a new one someday...