nowhereboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 nowhereboy123
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I've came here to share my opinion and vent my frustrations about the latest game the cod series has to offer .

Of course this is subjective and many may disagree but personally I'm not enjoying this game.... at all.

Like many have already stated, the maps are too big and too cluttered, it's a campers paradise and the gameplay has slowed down substantially because of this. Black ops 2 absolutely nailed the maps by making them simple and near symmetrical, the gameplay was fast paced and competitive. Ghost on the other hand is slow, complicated and boring.

Then there's the spawn system which is completely broken, there seems to be no logic in the spawns at all, it's almost as if it just picks a spot on the map at random and puts you on it., I constantly get spawn killed and have enemies appearing behind me on the killcam. I've lost count how many deaths I've had that have been completely unavoidable because of this. Combine that with bad map design and it makes for a very frustrating game.

The killstreaks are another issue, they're really underpowered and further hinder the flow of the game. If you're a good player in black ops 2 you're rewarded with streaks that flow very well into each other, vsat, dogs then swarm etc, it keeps the gameplay exiting and adds to the flow of the game, cod ghost on the other hand lacks momentum and the streaks are not even worth going for.

Another thing I dislike are the leaderboards, in black ops you can see the stats that matter (score per minute and KD etc) that way you know what kind of players you're up against, I'd usually dominate the lobbies until another player with similar stats to mine joined in and then we'd duke it out against each other, this was fun, competitive and helped make me a better player. In ghost no one seems to dominate, the games constantly end with the majority of teams nearing a 1.0kd, there is no consistency, you can see someone top the lobby once and come last in the next game. I put that down to the bad spawns and map design.

I'm not the only one with this opinion too, even the pro's are disappointed with this game, the guys at optic have been bashing it along with many youtubers. I'm going to give it a little longer before giving up and going back to black ops but no doubt that will end up happening. This game was a major letdown for me and I'm really disappointed as I'm a big fan of the cod series.

JynxTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JynxTV

Dude seriously. Hook yourself up with this class, and you will love the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zS-UaGpms

viper666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 viper666
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts

@nowhereboy123: Thats sad but true, yesterday i was ready for buying the game but instead i rented it and im glad i did, Since the moment i begin to play something was missing, and im not talking about the horrid campaign, but in the most important thing that is multiplayer!

I was really hoping of the rush of adrenaline from the past MW2, MW3 or BO but....

Like you said this is not battlefield, COD is a CCB game! You spawn kill some dudes somebody kills you and again, rinse and repeat, thats the fun of COD you dont have to look for the enemy in large maps wandering, and thats what happened to me! The maps are very big and there arent any choke points to take tactical advantage!

Only 12 players! 6 vs 6 ! With this larger maps! WHERE IS GROUND WAR!!! tHE BATTLE MODES ARE BORING. I dont remember being so boring with a game since ANTICIPATION for the NES!!!

With this in mind i put MW3 in my xbox and started to play and it was a blast (a little difficult to find games now, but when i did, oh man!! thats was fun), so its not me, they screw the game we all love!!

I really hope they reeboot the frachiise! because if not GAME OVER MAN!

I will give you an advise play PATH OF EXILE!!! its free!! only drawback its in PC, but i really hope they bring this gem to PS4 or XboxONE!!

DemonFox75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 DemonFox75
Member since 2009 • 408 Posts

@nowhereboy123: Nice review of the game. thanks for the details. I am renting this tonight to see for myself but I now have some things to look for while I play. But BO2 blew when it came out and after some updates it was better. Hang tight it could get better.

Dtree11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dtree11
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

@nowhereboy123: I have to agree. The Spawning issues are constant. The maps are big. But, not too big. The funny part is that they had designed some beautiful parts of some of these maps and they never get used because the natural flow of the levels push players to a specific point on each map.

mac49j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mac49j

I agree totally with nowhereboy, if I'd known what a rubbish game this is I would have saved my money. Its on a par with homeland, I didnt finish either campaign. Its back to BlackOps 2, and I might try Battlefield 4