Casual players will tire of this one fast.

ThatOneDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ThatOneDork
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

-A certain squad character playtype is far too OP.

-Kill times are far too fast compared to past IW games.

-Sound issues all around.

-Some killstreaks are very briefly explained.

-Apparent screen lag (A friend and I were playing split screen, and much like BO2 it has a hard time synching up what the players truly see happening on the screen even on local splitscreen.)

-Maps are too big even with the 360's neutered player count.

-Integrated silencers are a big mistake.

-Killstreaks don't cater to individuals that need their aid (Air support can be shot down too fast and things like the SAT COM are more complex than they should be.

-And on a personal note, this seems to be the most frustrating COD to players ever. I was getting mad playing it, my friend was getting flustered, and I heard various people over the mic talking about the game being irritating in nature.

hobbesa4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hobbesa4
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Trust me....You have no Idea what OP is until you have to face a build with two amped Sawa's and the other guy has zero EN drain.

skraflar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 skraflar
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Is game worth 60$ ? Or is it the same haxing from day one?

ThatOneDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ThatOneDork
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

@skraflar: The game is hacked to bits on the current gen consoles. It would be best to wait until you can get it on next gen if possible

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

@thatonedork said:

-A certain squad character playtype is far too OP.

-Kill times are far too fast compared to past IW games.

-Sound issues all around.

-Some killstreaks are very briefly explained.

-Apparent screen lag (A friend and I were playing split screen, and much like BO2 it has a hard time synching up what the players truly see happening on the screen even on local splitscreen.)

-Maps are too big even with the 360's neutered player count.

-Integrated silencers are a big mistake.

-Killstreaks don't cater to individuals that need their aid (Air support can be shot down too fast and things like the SAT COM are more complex than they should be.

-And on a personal note, this seems to be the most frustrating COD to players ever. I was getting mad playing it, my friend was getting flustered, and I heard various people over the mic talking about the game being irritating in nature.

- I disagree. All that picking a specific squad character playtype does is unlock those items from the beginning as opposed to unlocking them using squad points. How is it OP? Especially when anyone in the game can select whichever loadout they wish to begin with.

- Kill times are fast but too fast? I dunno. It seems more realistic. But it does take away the typical extended gun battles of CODs past. I don't know if it's a bad thing though.

- Haven't focused on this enough.

- Some? I would say all. I had to independently research how the hell sat coms work. This is one of the game's biggest weaknesses.

- This always occurs. This isn't a new problem. 60% of the time when I die, I start firing as soon as I see my enemy and die, then watch the killcam and my bullets never fired or registered. It's good to be the host.

- Couldn't disagree more. I feel the maps are all comically small. I play primarily domination and can too easily get to every single capture point to prevent my enemies from capturing the point. I think all of the maps are way too small. Now, if by too big you're referencing the number of building and different heights you can hide at, I wouldn't disagree. But I think the maps are really small in general.

- Undecided. I normally use silencers on a lot of my guns, but sometimes I don't depending on map, or game type. I don't hate the integrated silencers, and definitely don't mind the integrated laser sights.

- Sat coms definitely way too complex. Haven't experienced enough other kill streaks to form a valid opinion. I do think the dog is dumb. My dog only kills an enemy after he has killed me, or if he runs past another enemy when rejoining me. I wish I could order him to do things, or attack players instead of just having him tail me.

- It is frustrating. I've not been able to play my typical run-and-gun, dropshot play style. But I think a lot of that is from not knowing the maps yet, and also having not found my most comfortable weapons. With more time, I think the game will be less frustrating.

On my personal note about my play style, I'm undecided if I like or dislike the fact that I can't run and gun and dropshot people. Yes, it's very different, but it forces me to be more cautious, more thoughtful, and more strategic in my decisions. What I don't like is that I feel everything makes the game much more "campy." Especially in domination, I feel encouraged to capture two objectives and camp them out rather than being encouraged to trip cap the enemy. I only try to trip cap if I'm losing. So I definitely don't like, what I feel, is a camping-enthusiast game and level design.

AzNaLaN15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 AzNaLaN15
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

Granted I am not casual but I am not hardcore either. It is definitely a lot more confusing than the previous titles. Spent around 1-2 hours on it last night, kind of wondering about the max xp gained on squad mid match, then the following round I got xp again...

Sat coms after using it 1-2 times, i saw that if you have 2 sat coms down you get a UAV so it has a little bit of a learning curve there.

Other than that I am enjoying it and cannot wait to get off work and play.