YouTube videos in blogs. My reasons...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2 AndyWilliams24
Member since 2005 • 7291 Posts

I completely agree with this, sometimes its much easier to upload something on a different website due to GameSpot's uploader being some what faulty. But unless GameSpot do something to permanently fix there uploader we will have to upload to a different domain in the meantime.

Also there are a few other things that would be beneficial to embed onto this website but at the moment GameSpot does not allow it.

This idea has my support, and in my view improve GameSpot.

Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
It would be a nice paid subsriber feature if that could be done. But allowing YouTube videos in our blogs makes sense.
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
Yeah it is really annoying that you cant do this.
serbsta69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 serbsta69
Member since 2006 • 19209 Posts
Yeah i support this, i always wanted to embed straight off YouTube, it would save a lot of time.
clark3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 clark3y
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
Yes, I support this all the way. I'm always missing out in expressing a video to my friends and finding they have to open up another window, when theres a perfectly good one there!
IonescoF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 IonescoF
Member since 2007 • 3052 Posts

I support this, but it seems a little odd that they haven't put it in already... perhaps they have a reason?SuperMooseman

Yes - to prevent abuse by embedding videos with all kinds of nasty content... But anyway we have moderators for this, so why not?

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
I've already seen a few embedded youtube videos here on GS, so I'm guessing you can already embed them into your blog or something. Edit: Oops, it was a GS staff blog... But youtube is in there http://www.gamespot.com/users/JodyR/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25065631
Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts

I've already seen a few embedded youtube videos here on GS, so I'm guessing you can already embed them into your blog or something. Edit: Oops, it was a GS staff blog... But youtube is in there http://www.gamespot.com/users/JodyR/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25065631BounceDK

Yes. Currently it is a staff-only feature.

While I would personally like to see this enhancement, I believe that is far too open to abuse. There are just so many possibilities for it to go wrong - and for GS to be held accountable. So while I would personally like to see this, I think it's too scary a possibility too offer too all.

Perhaps you could give this as a reward to Mods? They are respected enough to keep the scum off the forums - I'm sure they can be trusted with posting video which is acceptable.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

While I would personally like to see this enhancement, I believe that is far too open to abuse. There are just so many possibilities for it to go wrong - and for GS to be held accountable. So while I would personally like to see this, I think it's too scary a possibility too offer too all.

Sagacious_Tien

I am by no means an expert on this but I believe you're right with all the problems it opens up for abuse.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
[QUOTE="Sagacious_Tien"]

Dracula68

I am by no means an expert on this but I believe you're right with all the problems it opens up for abuse.

I was wondering about this too. I also think it would be a truly fun feature, though I also would worry about the legal implications to gamespot as a whole and the potential for abuse. On the other hand, it isn't that much different from users being able to upload their own videos. Granted, there is a difference and I see the difference, but couldn't some legalese/disclaimers dispose of some of the potential legal hassles?
xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts
[QUOTE="Sagacious_Tien"]

Dracula68

Well that's the thing. I understand that it's very much open to abuse, but so is posting images on Gamespot, uploading videos on gamespot. and posting website links on gamespot. They are all equally open to abuse, hence why we have moderaters. So being able to embeded Youtube videos on Gamepsot blogs causes no greater threat then being able to upload videos to gamespot. To me it seems very strange for Gamespot to not allow us to post Youtube videos on gamespot. It's as if they are in a competition against Youtube, and want their users to use their video uploading system instead of Youtube's? Talk about monopolizing the system. For me honestly its very irritiating as I am a long and loyal member of Gamespot. So I strongly support this enhancement and hope that Gamespot will let us embeded Youtube videos on Gamespot sooner then later.
tevwalker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 tevwalker13
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
i support this idea, i wish i could post youtube videos in my blog