You fixed that which wasn't broken. I'm sad.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cthumann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cthumann
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts

I flocked to your web site, almost daily, to get my data-bits of everything gaming. As a designer/developer myself, I loved the layout, ease of use and simple clicking to get to everything. Now, you changed it all. At this point, I can't freakin find anything in the new design. It's absolutely abysmal. Sorry, but it is. The main section I would go to daily is simple click on a platform in the main menu, click New Releases and get a week to week list of release dates for everything. Amazing concept and you guys designed it perfectly. Now, I can't even find it and if it does exist, it's probably stupid, like everything else you've "updated". I also see you've gone toward a "Metro" design approach. Wow, nothing like jumping on the bandwagon...especially one that's headed towards the end of a cliff while on fire.

Horrible, horrible, horrible. I have thought of Gamespot as THE place to for everything game and I have been that way for AGES! Well, sorry to see you go. I don't have time to fiddle around with your cutesy, information-LESS design. Who approved this crap anyways? I don't know what's worse, the QA department or the design itself.

With all of that said, anyone know of a different web site for me to call my Gaming Mommy? Maybe IGN? I haven't been there in a while. Where else?

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

The site has been having some problems but hopefully it's going to improve. They ARE listening to their users and things are being considered.

marduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marduc
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

@cthumann: Your issues mirror mine to a "T". I have been shopping around for a new site to get info on upcoming and newly released games none that I have settled in and called "home" as of yet though.

I also would love to hear any suggestions for a good site to get upcoming release info in a easy to use convenient format. It sure as heck is not here anymore.

Wharmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Wharmaster
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Agreed. this is horrible, and it's slow as well. I want my old Gamespot back }:(

moneyman80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moneyman80
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Couldn't agree more. I am done with this site.

Statistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Statistic
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts

@moneyman80: Does anyone know some other good sites? I can't even use this one now it's just a mess of huge graphics. Everything important I needed is gone.

Jacen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacen22
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

I'm frequenting Gametrailers and IGN now. Gamespot is a mess to me, can't comment on articles or videos and the site is soooo slow loading. I miss the old layout which was perfect and really didn't need changing. They just focused on making the site look pretty for users and I swear this layout was specifically designed for ipads/tablets, while functionality and ease of use just got chucked out the window.

sumdood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sumdood
Member since 2002 • 482 Posts

The layout is unusable. No other way to put it, it just doesn't work.

Make_Me_Laugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Make_Me_Laugh
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

@acanofcoke said:

The site has been having some problems but hopefully it's going to improve. They ARE listening to their users and things are being considered.

Why they are still using this terrible layout then? First thing to do, go back to old style.

HaRdNiPs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HaRdNiPs
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts

though i am kind of used to this update it still sucks i love watching top 5 skyrim mods but its never in the front page or any other video really. list mode sucks when going to the next page it goes to the default setting when i chose grid mode and finally this update makes everything claustrophobic. the video screen why the hell is it up on the right hand side i like my videos in the center. the articles and videos should be like they were in the old gamespot version. hell give us the option to use classic like google.