MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Nobody creates thread in there except spammer... why keep it open?

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sports-bar-909188423/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/mobile-connection-1000005/

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26093 Posts

I'd rather they solve the spammer problem rather than closing boards.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

This has been brought up so many times. It's clear that their priority is not on the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, soon, the forums would just be gone with no warning. Same with the YouTubers board. Just close it and ban any new user who posts a video without any discussion. That whole board is spam-ridden.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX

@SOedipus said:

This has been brought up so many times. It's clear that their priority is not on the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, soon, the forums would just be gone with no warning. Same with the YouTubers board. Just close it and ban any new user who posts a video without any discussion. That whole board is spam-ridden.

The youtube sub-forum...ouch

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

@SOedipus: @Willy105: @MonsieurX: Sports Bar, I did mention this to GS Staff that the board is dead and anyone wants to talk about sports can make a thread in OT. I can't say about mobile connection as I don't like mobile gaming but, I think @musicalmac can explain it more if that place is still active or not.

Still, please keep YouTubers/Streamers Unite board cause its more of a safe heaven place for spammers who are future YouTubers wannabe, and let's keep it that way for those who like it over there.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@davillain- said:

@SOedipus: @Willy105: @MonsieurX: Sports Bar, I did mention this to GS Staff that the board is dead and anyone wants to talk about sports can make a thread in OT. I can't say about mobile connection as I don't like mobile gaming but, I think @musicalmac can explain it more if that place is still active or not.

Still, please keep YouTubers/Streamers Unite board cause its more of a safe heaven place for spammers who are future YouTubers wannabe, and let's keep it that way for those who like it over there.

Ehh. The reason why I say that is because that board is literally spam-ridden. If you look at the posts most of the TCs have very few total posts. They post their shit then leave. In the first page alone there's like 5 threads with more than one poster. I agree with @Willy105, Gamespot needs to deal with the spam. Two birds with one stone?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX

Any update on this issue