Why does the Posting History delete itself?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for RaijinPaladinix
RaijinPaladinix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 RaijinPaladinix
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

I come back every now and then to posts on threads, but it seems that none of my old posts (my oldest one is in August 2007, all the rests are gone). So these threads must have been deleted. Why? If I ever need to refer to an old thread to remember a question I asked, I won't be able to find it. CNET's other sites don't do this.

vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts

Strange... my posting history goes all the way back to when I was level 9. :? But I think that's when I started posting on the GameSpot side, so it could be a temporary glitch.

EDIT: Wait... can you recall when you first posted on GameSpot (not the game-specific boards, which are GameFAQs-regulated)?

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
If the posts were made on game-specific boards, which are shared with GameFAQs.com, then they will have been deleted because on GameFAQs topics "purge" more frequently. How often depends on how active the board is, but usually a topic on a fairly active board will be automatically deleted if it has not received any replies for about a week. On the boards run exclusively by GameSpot topics purge annually I think.
Avatar image for RaijinPaladinix
RaijinPaladinix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RaijinPaladinix
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

^That's probably it; all I post on are individual game boards.I've noticed that a lot of topics are here, and even for inactive boards, they are overcrowded with two-post threads, and about 100 of them.