This topic is locked from further discussion.

asiel_code_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By asiel_code_7
Member since 2003 • 163 Posts

SERIOUSLY, WTF GAMESPOT!!!! WHY CAN'T YOU FIX THIS???? EVERY FEW MONTHS I THINK, "THEY MUST HAVE FIXED THIS ISSUE BY NOW", SO I GO AHEAD AND COMMENT ON SOMETHING. THEN THE FLOOD OF EMAILS COME IN. HOW FREAKING HARD IS THIS?

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

Hi there @asiel_code_7

At this time it is still being worked on by the Developers. As soon as the Devs can Isolate the problem we can to get this fixed asap

Please submit any other Bugs / Errors / Feedback so that we can assist you better

asiel_code_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 asiel_code_7
Member since 2003 • 163 Posts

@juniorpower: I have been hearing this response from Gamespot Moderators, for months. I would just like to hear a real, honest answer, for once. This stuff ain't rocket science, somebody just doesn't want to spend the money to fix it. Tell me I'm wrong.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

@asiel_code_7:

It's not rocket science, sure, but I think that you are underestimating how many technical problems that GameSpot has - and how inimical it is to attempts to fix or revamp its features. (Every time there's a site update, something else somewhere breaks.)

I suggest either having the patience to wait all this shit out and patience to deal with shit that will come later, or just going away to some other site.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

@Gelugon_baat said:

@asiel_code_7:

It's not rocket science, sure, but I think that you are underestimating how many technical problems that GameSpot has - and how inimical it is to attempts to fix or revamp its features. (Every time there's a site update, something else somewhere breaks.)

I suggest either having the patience to wait all this shit out and patience to deal with shit that will come later, or just going away to some other site.

This place has far more problems than it did before the change.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

This place has far more problems than it did before the change.

That is pretty much to be expected when the site migrates to a framework that is used by another site (GiantBomb) but then attempts to retain as much scripts and code from the original. :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@asiel_code_7 said:

@juniorpower: I have been hearing this response from Gamespot Moderators, for months. I would just like to hear a real, honest answer, for once. This stuff ain't rocket science, somebody just doesn't want to spend the money to fix it. Tell me I'm wrong.

As much as I understand your frustration, mod replies on issues such as these are mainly a way of letting you guys know that this section is being read and that you guys aren't just wasting your time posting here (we do try to nag people in charge about the issues we read here), but moderators have nothing to do with fixing technical problems or knowing how things are progressing behind the curtain, so you probably won't get your answers through us. Just take it as us saying "I'm sorry it sucks for you; hope you stay with us until we can get our sh*t together". I guarantee you that we would do more if we could, since we're also GS users and we have to deal with the same thing as you do, plus the complaints about subjects we can do nothing about...powerlessness is a b*tch.

Sorry my friend =)

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I don't understand why they can't turn off all types of notification mails until they have isolated the problem.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#11 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

This is livefyre spamming you, primarily due to them changing it so that you auto-follow a stream whenever you post a comment on it - in each of the emails there's an unsubscribe link, which will prevent you receiving more messages from those particular streams (you only need to unsubscribe once per stream of course - you'll probably have hundreds of messages per stream).

As a preventative measure once you've dealt with backed up ones you can also click to unfollow a stream after commenting - it's a pain, definitely, and occasionally you'll likely forget to do so if you don't spend much time commenting on articles. But unfortunately until livefyre removes the auto-follow feature or has email notifications disabled by default for GS user accounts there's not much more we can do about this.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Ah, so livefyre is some kind of general system used by several sites? Seems like it's not really designed for the level of traffic GS has. Anyway thanks for clarifying!"

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#13  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

That's pretty much the case yes - there are plans to remove it by E3 2014, presumably to be replaced by an in-house system, but there's a lot for the devs to do so whether or not that actually happens prior to E3 or not is yet to be seen. I don't expect to see any real information on that for a while yet regardless. Whenever that happens (assuming it does happen) problems like this should disappear or be fixed in a far more reasonable time frame though.