What are you doing about these Problems Gamespot?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GerardoExber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 5

#1 GerardoExber
Member since 2013 • 128 Posts

Hello, I'm GerardoExber, a former user of FUSE and of the old Gamespot, just to make sure, I don't hate the new gamepot, their staff or the users, I'm completely fine with them.

What is happening with these problems right now?

• Notifications
  • My Feed and My Friends feed

They don't seem to update regurarly

• Images

All of our previous Images that we uploaded here to the site just got deleted?

• Reviews
  • Rating games

I just wrote a review and it says that I wrote it in July, why? Also, why when I rate a game, it says: GerardoExber review X game?

• Level

I've been here since the update of Gamespot and I haven't earned any more points for doing from what I read, should increase my level.

Thanks for Answering, any news about this issues would be nice, I will continue here on Gamespot, but I really find it hard now. really hard.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#2 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@GerardoExber: Notifications is a work in progress. I know they either don't work or they work too much. Its complicated. We're working on it.

Your feed should now only be showing stuff relevant to you. After launch it did not but that should have been fixed. If you just got stuff in your feed that doesn't apply, let me know.

None of your images were deleted unless you uploaded them right after the relaunch in a two day window and you did a few other things with them. Like maybe 50 images were deleted at that time.

I just wrote a review and its says I wrote it on December 3rd. Can you give more details about how you wrote your review.

I don't understand the "GerardoExber review X game" comment at all. Please be more specific.

You level up when you write a review or post or log in. Works for me.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts

Any news on when this posting history page will be returning at all?

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@edgework said:
None of your images were deleted unless you uploaded them right after the relaunch in a two day window and you did a few other things with them.

Wait... what?

None of my original catalogue of images (pre-redesign) are to be found!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rick

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@edgework said:
None of your images were deleted unless you uploaded them right after the relaunch in a two day window and you did a few other things with them.

Wait... what?

Were they animated GIFs by chance? That really shouldn't make a difference. We may not have imported signatures with animated GIFs but regular images should have come over...

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

so levels are now working again?

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@edgework said:

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@edgework said:

Wait... what?

Were they animated GIFs by chance? That really shouldn't make a difference. We may not have imported signatures with animated GIFs but regular images should have come over...

Maybe a couple of animated gifs, but most were purely static images (jpg/png). None have reappeared since The Change.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rick

@leon2365 said:

Various actions you take on the site raise your points. Specifically how those points will translate to levels and what we will do with them I'm not sure.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rick

@s_h_a_d_o said:

Maybe a couple of animated gifs, but most were purely static images (jpg/png). None have reappeared since The Change.

I'll check with the guy who imported images. He's out today so it'll have to be tomorrow. Send me a PM if you don't hear from me by tomorrow evening.

GerardoExber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GerardoExber

@edgework: My feed doesn't show me any news or something just what some of my friends did weeks ago, and that's all, it doesn't update, nothing.

Here is the link to the review I told you about: http://www.gamespot.com/dino-crisis-2/user-reviews/2200-12174770/ I says that I wrote it on July 3rd and I wrote it yesterday.

About that, to make it a little more clear, when I rate a game, instead of: GerardoExber rated a game, it says: GerardoExber reviewed a game.

I do all that about the level up and nothing, nothing happens.

And another thing, I had to check on this post to see if I've gotten an answer, I didn't receive anything in my Email :(

Thanks.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rick

@GerardoExber said:

@edgework: My feed doesn't show me any news or something just what some of my friends did weeks ago, and that's all, it doesn't update, nothing.

Here is the link to the review I told you about: http://www.gamespot.com/dino-crisis-2/user-reviews/2200-12174770/ I says that I wrote it on July 3rd and I wrote it yesterday.

About that, to make it a little more clear, when I rate a game, instead of: GerardoExber rated a game, it says: GerardoExber reviewed a game.

I do all that about the level up and nothing, nothing happens.

And another thing, I had to check on this post to see if I've gotten an answer, I didn't receive anything in my Email :(

Thanks.

You rated the game on July 3rd then you wrote a review. We found that rating-only review and edited it.

We're working on notifications.

I'll change the feed so it distinguishes between rating and reviewing.

Thanks for the feedback.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 leon2365

@edgework said:

@leon2365 said:

Various actions you take on the site raise your points. Specifically how those points will translate to levels and what we will do with them I'm not sure.

ah. I see. good to know.

GerardoExber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GerardoExber

@edgework: Sorry to bother you again, I've done what you told me about my level and nothing happens, are you working on it? Since the Update, I've written blogs, rated games, post in the forums, commented on my friends blogs, posting in their walls and logging on and off, but still, nothing.

Thanks

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rick

@GerardoExber said:

@edgework: Sorry to bother you again, I've done what you told me about my level and nothing happens, are you working on it? Since the Update, I've written blogs, rated games, post in the forums, commented on my friends blogs, posting in their walls and logging on and off, but still, nothing.

Thanks

Did you look here?

GerardoExber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GerardoExber

@edgework: Yes, I have been level 17 82% since the update, I'm telling you, I do everything you said before the update and told me in the post and nothing happens.

EvanescentCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#16  Edited By EvanescentCrow
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts

I should add that my level and legacy points (on that trophies page) are exactly the same since the site change, they just froze when the site changed, and I thought you simply haven't fixed it yet. I've been posting forum messages here, and a couple of comments here and there, but nothing has altered my points or level.

Also, I had an uploaded image as my old blog banner, as well as my current avatar, and on the new site they simply disappeared. Not a big issue because I still had both on my hard drive, but I can confirm that neither was migrated to the new site when the change happened (which was why I had to reupload my current avatar).

Both images were old, so it's definitely not a case of having been uploaded on the last few days or so.

@edgework said:

Your feed should now only be showing stuff relevant to you. After launch it did not but that should have been fixed. If you just got stuff in your feed that doesn't apply, let me know.

It's hit or miss for me. For instance, I just posted two messages on this board, in the past few minutes (this one, and another one on my own thread). My feed registers this message just fine, but not the one I posted a few minutes ago.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rick

Ok so I guess that's not getting updated but I guarantee you that your points are adding up. I've seen the code that does it, I've touched the code that does it and I've tested the code that does it. I don't think we've really figured out what we are going to do with those points yet but I double down guarantee you they are accruing,

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 leon2365

@edgework: currently on my user profile, I have updates from a user named "predatorrules" and another user named "shears4wire." I am not following either of them, but I still have those updates on my feed. just so you know.