Video Embedding not working?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Uesugi-dono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#1 Uesugi-dono
Member since 2008 • 1654 Posts

Trying to embed a youtube video into my blog but it only results in a blank, white square. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem or is it a site-related issue?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

This is how your blog post should look after you embed a youtube video.If your video does not appear press on my blog and all your blog posts should appear.The video in the blog post you are talking about should also appear. Go back to your profile page and the video in the blog post you are talking about won't disappear.

blog_zpsd5cb1d23.png

Here is how you should embed your video when you are putting it into your blog

Video_zps40b311c6.png

Uesugi-dono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Uesugi-dono

@super600 It still isn't showing up for me. Maybe it's just my computer? I have the blog up now, can you see it?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 super600  Moderator

I can't see it either still. Did you refersh your profile page?I couldn't see a video I embed at first, but I just clicked on the blog section on my profile and it worked.

Uesugi-dono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Uesugi-dono
@super600 I did. I clicked on My Blog and I've refresed several times. I'm at a loss.
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

At the moment the embedded video in your blog is malformed. For starters the iframe is too wide (1024 is far too big to fit the site design), and secondly the iframe is missing the src attribute which actually loads the video. The src may have been stripped automatically by GS, but until you can get that src attribute to stick, the video won't work.

If you were using a browser that can't use iframes, you'd be seeing a link to your video instead, along with the frameborder and allowfullscreen text.  Those elements need to be part of the iframe tags, not inside them, like super600's second screenshot shows.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 super600  Moderator

@super600 I did. I clicked on My Blog and I've refresed several times. I'm at a loss.Uesugi-dono

What browser are you using?

nate1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 nate1222
Member since 2007 • 2411 Posts

It's giving me similar problems. Just a big blank space where the embedded video should be.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#9 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
It seems the iframe src is bugged on GS; even editing previous posts that have embeds in them in a way that doesn't change the submitting code at all it suddenly makes the embedded videos/etc disappear - leaving just a frame with no source (about:blank is shown instead in chrome). Even weirder, it doesn't seem to strip any of the code out when submitting either...and yet, all the ones previously submitted ones continue to work fine. I can only assume something in the back-end has been changed that broke it that isn't easily accessible to users in general. I may be able to uncover something with a more thorough look into the visible code/data transfer but I don't have time for that right now - regardless it's almost certainly a site issue that only affects iframe embeds in newly updated/created posts...not sure how long it's been like that, half a week or more at least, yet less than a week and a half it seems.