User blocking and Fuse

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 3

#1 Elk
Member since 2002 • 476 Posts

Blocking another user on Fuse seems to have very little effect. Is it possible we could have it hide posts in "What's Hot", hide comments and prevent notifications being sent when a blockee sends an '@' to a blocker?

If you don't want to go quite that far, is it possible that the blocked status could be reflected in the comment/post, even if it's just in an unused data element or class?

The users on Fuse are diverse and there's often times when two users don't get on. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if they weren't forced to see posts by each other appearing if they want to continue using the system.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
That only blocks them from sending you PMs I think - and yeah, a proper blocking feature would be good. Even GF has one (for years now) - GS needs to catch up!
zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts
I really agree this needs to be updated AND upgraded. I have tried to block only a few people and all it seems to have done is erase their reply from my own Fuse comment. In reality, if I block someone, I really don't want to see any of their posts at all. If I block someone, there's a GOOD reason behind it.

Blocking another user on Fuse seems to have very little effect. Is it possible we could have it hide posts in "What's Hot", hide comments and prevent notifications being sent when a blockee sends an '@' to a blocker?

If you don't want to go quite that far, is it possible that the blocked status could be reflected in the comment/post, even if it's just in an unused data element or class?

The users on Fuse are diverse and there's often times when two users don't get on. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if they weren't forced to see posts by each other appearing if they want to continue using the system.

Elk
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts
I wish I had more to share about Fuse integration for Triforce. However, I have nothing at this time. Once I do get an update about this there will likely be an announcement.