Transferring Union Leadership (leader is banned, etc.) UPDATED

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13551 Posts
[QUOTE="VinceL"] [QUOTE="SWdarkJedi"]

Ok I have a union that has been dying for a while now and our leader has not been active for like 3 months. We held an election and we have decided that I be leader. The votes will be shown below, but I was wondering can you be a leader of two unions?

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24225563&union_id=2621

SWdarkJedi

Please review the rules again from the first post.

so you cant make me the new leader of the union because I am the leader of another union

they won't give over a union no matter how long the leader is gone. Only if they're banned
SWdarkJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#52 SWdarkJedi
Member since 2005 • 6547 Posts
[QUOTE="SWdarkJedi"][QUOTE="VinceL"] [QUOTE="SWdarkJedi"]

Ok I have a union that has been dying for a while now and our leader has not been active for like 3 months. We held an election and we have decided that I be leader. The votes will be shown below, but I was wondering can you be a leader of two unions?

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24225563&union_id=2621

Lu_Bu01

so you cant make me the new leader of the union because I am the leader of another union

they won't give over a union no matter how long the leader is gone. Only if they're banned

But it says that they can make a change if its temporary, and thats the case in our union.  Our leader Baseball5383 is away for school but he will be back and we have decided to give him back his positin when he returns, its all in the link.

Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13551 Posts
[QUOTE="Lu_Bu01"] [QUOTE="SWdarkJedi"][QUOTE="VinceL"] [QUOTE="SWdarkJedi"]

SWdarkJedi

But it says that they can make a change if its temporary, and thats the case in our union. Our leader Baseball5383 is away for school but he will be back and we have decided to give him back his positin when he returns, its all in the link.

look
[QUOTE="VinceL"]If the union leader would just like to transfer union leadership temporarily, I can do that too. For example, if the leader goes on an extended vacation or something.

If a union leader has just not logged in for a long time and has not left any indication about transferring membership, that is unfortunately not a good enough cause to intervene. I cannot transfer the leadership in that situation since it's the union leader's responsibility to support and maintain the union, and if he/she is not banned or in some way prevented from being a leader, I can't interfere. If this is the case for your union, and you cannot continue with only the officers running the place, I would recommend selecting a leader to form a new union.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
hi vinceL.sorry i didnt post this here rather than pm'img you about the matter,anyway you may have read my message about the inital shooters union,where i said that the former admin had resigned,and that by default! an officer who had'nt even been part of the union for the last six months or so had been elelcted to take over the admin role! is there anyway you can transfere leadership to either myself or one of the other active officer's?,,thank you!
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

hi vinceL.sorry i didnt post this here rather than pm'img you about the matter,anyway you may have read my message about the inital shooters union,where i said that the former admin had resigned,and that by default! an officer who had'nt even been part of the union for the last six months or so had been elelcted to take over the admin role! is there anyway you can transfere leadership to either myself or one of the other active officer's?,,thank you!daveg1

Yeah, or should we have a vote or what?

Thanks Vince.

Alex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#56 Alex8
Member since 2005 • 22553 Posts
I'm in one union that leader has never been there and I hoping something can be done, I wish I could the leader but I'm a recruitt so what do I do, ask an officer from the union to be the leader or what.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LTomlinson21

[QUOTE="daveg1"]hi vinceL.sorry i didnt post this here rather than pm'img you about the matter,anyway you may have read my message about the inital shooters union,where i said that the former admin had resigned,and that by default! an officer who had'nt even been part of the union for the last six months or so had been elelcted to take over the admin role! is there anyway you can transfere leadership to either myself or one of the other active officer's?,,thank you!LTomlinson21

Thanks Vince.

Also here's the link to the Union: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=FPShooters

And the link to the new named leader: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/index.php?user=darkgamer17

Alex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Alex8
I'm in one union that leader has never been there and I hoping something can be done, I wish I could the leader but I'm a recruitt so what do I do, ask an officer from the union to be the leader or what.Alex8
Any help
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LTomlinson21
[QUOTE="LTomlinson21"]

[QUOTE="daveg1"]hi vinceL.sorry i didnt post this here rather than pm'img you about the matter,anyway you may have read my message about the inital shooters union,where i said that the former admin had resigned,and that by default! an officer who had'nt even been part of the union for the last six months or so had been elelcted to take over the admin role! is there anyway you can transfere leadership to either myself or one of the other active officer's?,,thank you!LTomlinson21

Thanks Vince.

Also here's the link to the Union: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=FPShooters

And the link to the new named leader: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/index.php?user=darkgamer17

anyone.

VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 VinceL
Member since 2004 • 3856 Posts
I know this is slightly off the guidelines, but I'm extremely short on time, so I've made daveg1 the leader here http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=FPShooters
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
thanks vince!!
Alex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Alex8

My friend dust247 said that I can be the leader of The Speed Channel Union, but he hasn't done it yet, so can you guys to it, here is the email he sent me:

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LTomlinson21

thanks vince!!daveg1

ya, thanks.

mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#64 mjwickstrom1
Member since 2005 • 20454 Posts

[QUOTE="daveg1"]thanks vince!!LTomlinson21

ya, thanks.

tom
Alex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Alex8

My friend dust247 said that I can be the leader of The Speed Channel Union, but he hasn't done it yet, so can you guys to it, here is the email he sent me:

Alex8
Please
rachidfra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rachidfra
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
salut a toi moi c'est rachid et toi
Alex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Alex8
[QUOTE="Alex8"]

Alex8
Please

Any one doing it
Alex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Alex8
[QUOTE="Alex8"][QUOTE="Alex8"]

Alex8
Please

Any one doing it

Can anyone do it please
nem1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 nem1
Member since 2004 • 11458 Posts
The Leader of the Anime Central Union was banned some time ago and all of the officers (that still come) want to have a poll to elect a new leader ??? Do i just hold the poll and send yu guys the results or is it something else i need to do (could someone please PM me on this thx)
bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#71 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts
We at the Jak and Daxter union believe that out leader darius469, has been banned. If so, can we be told in order for us to start elections? 
AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts

Hello I am an officer in The Antisocially Objective Union and our leader hasnt been on in a long time. I finally got ahold of her and she said that she was banned from all forums on gamespot so she cant even get into the unions admin to step down as the union leader. She said she was no longer interested in being our union leader and doesnt come to gamespot anymore, so can you please resign her as the union leader so we can have an active leader? We need help please. All the officers agreed that I can take the place of our banned union leader.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24330558&union_id=2937&msg_id=266376878

PFC_SilverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PFC_SilverMan
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
I am an officer in The Tuga Union and our leader has been banned. All the officers agreed that I can take the place of our banned leader.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=TugaUnion

Please resign Eginja (the current leader) and put me as the leader.
Alex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Alex8

Alex8
Please
VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 VinceL
PleaseAlex8

Alex8, you're taken care of. Moving on to the other ones...
bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 bulletproofcow

[QUOTE="Alex8"] PleaseVinceL

Alex8, you're taken care of. Moving on to the other ones...

Like mine? darius469. Need to know if he's banned or suspended or just not coming.

VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 VinceL
darius469 is banned.
bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 bulletproofcow

darius469 is banned.
VinceL

Alright thanks. I'll start the elections.

bugattiveyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#80 bugattiveyron
Member since 2005 • 14247 Posts
Me. I´m a MOD in six unions and an ADMIN in 2.
Besides, I´m a designer too.
Appaloosa2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Appaloosa2006
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
ok, if my profile appaloosa582002 is banned, as a last request on GS please make ThumbsUpMaster leader of my union Gta Legends.
thornpaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82 thornpaw
Member since 2004 • 7972 Posts
Our current leader in the Devoted Gamers' Union needs to take a sabbatical and we would like to have co-leaders.  Is that possible?
bigpapa123173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 bigpapa123173
Member since 2003 • 148 Posts
I am wondering who i need to contact about teh Union i belong too. The guy thatw as running it retired a while back and teh person he has put in his place has a low level and appears to never be online. I have posted a thres on our foroms board in our union but no one has responded. i have sent teh person that is supposed to be in charge of our union a message with no response. I am looking to take over teh union and get it going in the right direction. Where do i got ?? This is the link that i posted the other day http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24354979&union_id=1443 Please can anyne tell me wher i should go to speak with an offical GS staff member about this union?
bigpapa123173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 bigpapa123173
Member since 2003 • 148 Posts

PLEAE Can anyone help??????

I am wondering who i need to contact about teh Union i belong too. The guy thatw as running it retired a while back and teh person he has put in his place has a low level and appears to never be online. I have posted a thres on our foroms board in our union but no one has responded. i have sent teh person that is supposed to be in charge of our union a message with no response. I am looking to take over teh union and get it going in the right direction. Where do i got ?? This is the link that i posted the other day http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24354979&union_id=1443 Please can anyne tell me wher i should go to speak with an offical GS staff member about this union? bigpapa123173

frozenthino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 frozenthino
Member since 2005 • 9741 Posts
our leader is banned
here
VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 VinceL
ok, if my profile appaloosa582002 is banned, as a last request on GS please make ThumbsUpMaster leader of my union Gta Legends.Appaloosa2006

This is taken care of.
VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 VinceL
Our current leader in the Devoted Gamers' Union needs to take a sabbatical and we would like to have co-leaders. Is that possible? thornpaw

I'm afraid I can't do that, only one leader per union.
VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 VinceL

PLEAE Can anyone help??????

[QUOTE="bigpapa123173"]I am wondering who i need to contact about teh Union i belong too. The guy thatw as running it retired a while back and teh person he has put in his place has a low level and appears to never be online. I have posted a thres on our foroms board in our union but no one has responded. i have sent teh person that is supposed to be in charge of our union a message with no response. I am looking to take over teh union and get it going in the right direction. Where do i got ?? This is the link that i posted the other day http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24354979&union_id=1443 Please can anyne tell me wher i should go to speak with an offical GS staff member about this union? bigpapa123173

The current leader is not banned, and is in fact still active on the site. I would recommend sending a private message to the leader rather than posting in the union board and hoping for him to respond.
VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 VinceL

The Jedi Council Union has held an election for a new leader after our old one, SirMothy, was banned. You can find the results here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24297887&union_id=3157&page=6

NanoElite666

Done. Sorry about the delay.
VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 VinceL
[QUOTE="frozenthino"]our leader is banned
here

Please follow the instructions in the first post - have an election so I can select the new leader.
-Tupacalypse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 -Tupacalypse-
Member since 2004 • 10562 Posts
Hey vince, I made a thread a while ago about a possible leadership transfer. This is basically what I said:

I would like to request a leadership change in the Grand Theft Auto Union. Our Leader hasn't been to the place in a long time, and seeing as it was one of GS' first unions, and we are the damn lucky ones to get the name I would like to keep it running.

I believe I should be able to become the new leader and replace The_Gamester. Myself and one other officer have been there since March 16, 2005 (the day unions opened), but I have not seen a post of his in a vast amount of time either. I am actively observing and posting there, and (even though there's not much to discuss at the moment about GTA) we still have many loyal posters. But the union is definitely not yet 100%. I'd like to help get it more organized, attract new members, and create a great union for Gamespot.

I provided a link in the first sentence if you need one, and I would truly appreciate it if we could get this done.

Something might've happened to him (God forbid), but I think he just grew bored. I think the guy was at least 19 last March. There's only been one post of his since October 16th, and that was on January 19th, I checked his posting history. Hell, he might be banned after all. It says he's logged in a lot, but I think that could just be him opening his browser, and already been logged in. I sent him a PM a while back (meaning months), to no response.

For the leadership, I've asked the most senior members (besides myself, I've been there since the day unions were created) and they agree that it should be me. I am easily the most active there, and have great seniority like I mentioned. I really hate seeing it like this, I mean it's good and all, but it can definitely be better for the Grand Theft Auto Union. I would like to see this happen.

All help would be greatly appreciated. ;)
-Tupacalypse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 -Tupacalypse-
Is this possible, Vince? 
VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 VinceL
[QUOTE="-Tupacalypse-"]Is this possible, Vince?

I still need to review the situation and think about it further. Go ahead and PM me if you don't get a response in the next couple of days.
-Tupacalypse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 -Tupacalypse-
Okay, I figured as much. Thanks.
NanoElite666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 NanoElite666
Member since 2004 • 13344 Posts
[QUOTE="NanoElite666"]

The Jedi Council Union has held an election for a new leader after our old one, SirMothy, was banned. You can find the results here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24297887&union_id=3157&page=6

VinceL

Done. Sorry about the delay.

No problem.  Thanks for taking care of it.

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LTomlinson21

The leader of The Grand Theft AUto Union never gets on or helps out HIS union.

Now if this Union wants to get out of the MIA status we need a new leader.  I can do it since I am an officer.  Or another officer.  Thanks.

VinceL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 VinceL

The leader of The Grand Theft AUto Union never gets on or helps out HIS union.

Now if this Union wants to get out of the MIA status we need a new leader. I can do it since I am an officer. Or another officer. Thanks.

LTomlinson21

The leader is not banned, so I can't do so, but there's still a log you can do as officers to get the union out of MIA status.
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts

[QUOTE="cubedman990"] [QUOTE="Gum_Bercules"]You certainly do seem to influence the admins a lot, or persuade them rather. Anyways it's a good idea there needs to be some way to transfer leadership without all of the hassle.Sentinelrv

He does have great ideas, and thinks of them logically...
Not just posting "OMG BRING BACK ADVANCED SEARCH AND ADD A BUNCH OF STUFF WE NEVER AHD BEFORE!!11!11!1!"

Posting like that doesn't get you anywhere. I like to lay all the details out so it's easily understandable.

lol, don't get so full of yourself.