Suggestions regarding "Player Reviews".

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameReviewGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 GameReviewGuru
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Hello,

My gamespot username is GameReviewGuru.

As you can probably assume, i absolutely love to write reviews about various games. I have posted 3 reviews so far, but I am hoping to one day post over 100.

As I continued to submit more and more reviews, I formulated some suggestions, regarding the Player Reviews, that may prove to enhance the community of this website.

I suggest that a gamespot.com improve their search bar function, by adding gamespot users' names to the search engine. For example, if someone wanted to see my reviews, I'd tell them my username on Gamespot.com. When They come to the website, they search my username using the search box, and I appear, along with my reviews, as search results.

That way, players will be further encouraged to write player reviews for games, since they would feel proud that people could look at only their reviews (when searching for them) and read them.

The second suggestion I have is also related to player reviews. I suggest that gamespot users should be able to make comments (such as compliments and constructive criticisms) underneath a player's review. That way, players who write reviews would receive feedback about their quality of writing, and hopefully improve themselves later. Plus, seeing compliments always makes a writer happy =)

Of course, if this "comment" suggestion is created, I also wish that gamespot allow writers of reviews on gamespot.com to be able to delete comments on their review page. This is because many people, in all types of online communities, like to troll (bully through insults and/or inappropriate or disparaging remarks). That way, constructive comments would be kept, while hurtful and pointless comments could be deleted at the writer's discretion.

I ask that gamespot please consider my suggestions, and please consider acting on them. I feel my suggestions would, overall, make gamespot a better website.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Love the first idea with the searching. The second one could be a bit more tricky. Maybe you'd have to be a friend of the user (tracking them) otherwise if "fans" don't agree about a particular review you can guarantee there will be arguments in the comments etc. I'd like to see it but its also problematic.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
The search idea is good and I personally think comments would be great but unfortunately, there could be a lot of nasty/trollish comments on reviews from users who disagree with you which would make life a lot harder for the moderators.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
The search idea is good and I personally think comments would be great but unfortunately, there could be a lot of nasty/trollish comments on reviews from users who disagree with you which would make life a lot harder for the moderators.fabz_95
Its like we share the same mind! Come here brother! Gimme a hug!!
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
[QUOTE="fabz_95"]The search idea is good and I personally think comments would be great but unfortunately, there could be a lot of nasty/trollish comments on reviews from users who disagree with you which would make life a lot harder for the moderators.biggest_loser
Its like we share the same mind! Come here brother! Gimme a hug!!

I wouldn't normally do this but your post did make me laugh so... *quickly hugs* But yeah, both biggest_loser and I completely support the first idea but think that the second idea may be problematic.