'Stacks' in the new Gamespot are too buggy

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rasds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 rasds
Member since 2004 • 116 Posts

Well now I'm confused, the games I was following it's not the same since they changed and alot more has happen to my games on my collection. I hope they fix this and bring the proper way for us to follow the games we want.

jblp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 jblp
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts

So I changed my Games I Want stack to a non-sortable stack, not realizing at the time this seems to be treated as a system list. I then created a new Games I Want stack to add my games back to that stack, my plan being to add a new Games I Want stack and delete the old one. But, I can't delete the old stack because it is a system stack but prefer to keep the new stack. So now I have 2 stacks of the same name, neither will open (both now give me a 500: Internal Server Error when attempting to open).

Yes, I may have been reckless, but please do not allow changing a system stack if I can't change it back and/or delete the stack.

PyreofKoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 112

User Lists: 4

#54 PyreofKoL
Member since 2005 • 6059 Posts

How hasn't somebody from the site replied to this thread yet? I'm having the same "choose a valid format" issue, and the ability to show my collection is one of the things that drew me to this site eight years ago. I like the overall look but they need to get on the streamlining ASAP.

ChristianKiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 ChristianKiss
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts

I'm experiencing problems with the stack feature as well. I can't update my existing stacks. If I try to delete a title and save the page, after a refresh the removed title will appear again.

crimes73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 crimes73
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

I think that the new look of Gamespot is bad. It messed also with the account log in (before I needed my email and password to log in - now I found that my username instead is needed!).

I also, like many of you, cared a lot of the game collection, wish list, etc. Now it's a real mess, totally unusable.

Bad move, bad web design.

LunarEclipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 LunarEclipz
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts

I need to be able to reorganize the games in my stack and move games from one page of the stack to another. Especialy the older games since you took them off the site like idiots.

Cant even look up DS games thats lame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fafe1d45f264
deactivated-5fafe1d45f264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58 deactivated-5fafe1d45f264
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts

A quick update on Stacks current status:

- I can't add or remove games to any of the 5 existing preset stacks. Always met with the "choose a valid template style" massage every time I hit "Save and Finish". the "Convert to an un-ordered stack" option reloads the page with a new option to "Save Page" which doesn't save any changes.

- The "Create a New Stack" option works. I can create a stack, add games and descriptions and save successfully. But I can't view ANY stack (new, preset or even other users new or preset stacks) without meeting the "500: Internal Server Error" page.

- Noticed that some users were able to add games to one or more of the 5 existing preset stacks. Beats me how they did that!

Get well soon, Gamespot...!

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

I'm having problems with my stacks as well. Every time I try to click "Save and Finish" after editing one, I get a message saying "Error occurred during submission" or something like that. So I can't really edit my stacks.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#60 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am experiencing something concerning. I just edited my "Games I Own" stack and when I push "Save and Finish," instead of it saving and finishing, a message prompt appears stating "choose a valid template." I spend about fifteen minutes editing that stack and I do not have any interest in doing it again, so I am keeping the window open until the concern is no longer an issue.

Can someone help? I would choose a valid template if I knew how.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 branketra

I am experiencing something concerning. I just edited my stack and when I push "save and finish," a prompt appears at the top of the page stating "choose a valid template." I took about fifteen minutes editing my stack because it is tedious to manage, so I would rather not do start over. Where are the templates?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By branketra

Test

EDIT: None of these three posts were showing when I posted them two hours ago. When I refreshed this page and went to the main page of this forum, there was no visible evidence of them.

Dragon-Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Dragon-Wizard
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I hate to just repeat this complaint that a lot of people have already pointed out, but the inability to sort stacks by system or score or...anything is really a downgrade and makes them pretty worthless to me now. I would have been better off pasting the titles in an excel spreadsheet...

I appreciate the work on trying to improve the site though!

khan8671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 khan8671
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts

the forum looks really nice but freaking hate the new layout. Cant find shit. How can i view the upcoming games like before it showed weekly with the "Next Week" option ? I needs to know whats coming up. Many games were coming within a month and now i forgot all their names and cant find em. Not cool GS,not cool.

Perth2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#65  Edited By Perth2008
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

Had all my owned games (mainly PC and PS3) with my scores (or rankings) all nicely in the "old GameSpot" tables under my profile. Do I now have to re-score all the games in my owned stack? Surely if the owned games data is available then, barring deletion, the original scores and indeed the games, version PC, PS3, etc must all still be available and able to be incorporated.

Aside: Nice though that the personal mail archive has now been re-instated. Anyway it seems the content (from us users) is slowly being recovered and re-instated.

jogeoluz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#66 jogeoluz
Member since 2002 • 45 Posts

I cannot add anything to Stacks. The only message I get is "Problem occurred while processing submission". This problem applies to all five Stacks.

nilzg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 nilzg
Member since 2008 • 753 Posts

these stupid stacks aren't even correct in the number of games of have.. well kind of.. on the overview page it says 605 - 110 and in the stacks themselves it says 610 (got) - 115 (want) (which is as it should be) and I can't even move games from my wish list to my collection...

GG gamespot ;)

Avatar image for AceOfDiamonds29
AceOfDiamonds29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AceOfDiamonds29
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Yikes.

Can't believe I used to rely on GameSpot to keep an updated list of my owned games and my wish list.

Now it's a goddamn wreck.

Whoever thought up this concept of "Stacks" should be fired on the spot.

helsou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 helsou
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@AceOfDiamonds29: That is why every couple of months i made a backup of my lists in mht format, knowing that some day, in very far future gamespot would shutdown. It didn't shutdown but for me is the same thing and it happend sooner than I had expected. Maybe i was being paranoid but now i guess i was not.

Now i'm creating my own lists in excel with links to each game info.

cloud/digital/services = future -> not in my future for sure. It's all about control.

LunarEclipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LunarEclipz

@helsou: I use Raptr and Playfire

helsou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#72 helsou

@LunarEclipz: i will check it. thank you!

ArtOfCraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ArtOfCraft
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

There should be sort options.

Release Date, Alphabetical, and Rating, to name a few.

Soul_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#74 Soul_666
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

@ArtOfCraft said:

There should be sort options.

Release Date, Alphabetical, and Rating, to name a few.

+1000

thevektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 thevektor

I dig the overall site design choices, but this change from informative, functional, easy-to-manipulate collection lists to the clusterfudge that are the "stacks" has left this longtime Gamespot user quite irritated. I'll give you guys some time to work out the kinks, but unless the cataloging ability returns to its previous state (or some well-constructed derivative thereof), that will be the impetus for me to stop frequenting this site. Sad, but true. The ball is in your court, GS engineers.

stylyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#76 stylyy
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

We're aware of the concerns and are looking into getting most functionality back in.

Grimkillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By Grimkillah
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

Few specific bugs I found:

1. "Men of War: Assault Squad" is now called "Men of War: Assault Squad - MP Supply Pack Bravo", title is clearly wrong. http://www.gamespot.com/men-of-war-assault-squad/summary/

2. "Crysis 2 Maximum Edition" is gone, I can only find "Crysis 2". It used to have that version listed on the old GS.

3. "Assassin's Creed" is now called "Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition", title is wrong again. http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed/summary/

gotico4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gotico4eva
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

i want the old gamespot :(

Zenwork21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#79 Zenwork21
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts

@Bgrngod: Hi, It was supposed to be a boring game list it was well done and fit for purpose Now is useless you can even filter by platform.. Regards

dark_being

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#80 dark_being
Member since 2004 • 3804 Posts

@rynn21 said:

My ocd demands a way to properly sort game titles. It's a train wreck right now!

Amen!

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

my complaint is that when i go to a games page i cant add that game to my collection stack. that could fix a lot of these buggy things. thats how i added games to my collection in previous versions, why the omission?

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#82 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Why is there no way to sort this thing!? I don't want Yaris to be the very first game people see on my profile! Why the hell not just list the most recently added games first?

The feature is totally useless now? Can't I just delete my "stack" of games? And where do I do it?

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#83 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

And now the number of games on there seems to be falling for no reason at all? Started at 330 and now it's at 325. This is terrible...

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

My stacks seem to be functioning properly now. Are the stacks working again for anyone else here?

Avatar image for PillsberyDoeMan
PillsberyDoeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#85  Edited By PillsberyDoeMan
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

the "following" stack is still a mess... there are so many things wrong with stacks in general though. seriously, revert back to how following and organizing games use to be.

Bluebomber4evr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Bluebomber4evr
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I had a very large list of games dating all the way back to the 80s, and after the changeover a lot of my games were changed to foreign versions. What's worse is that in many cases, the North American version isn't available to replace these foreign versions of the game (for example, the NES version of Contra, Castlevania 64).

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#87 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@EnoshimaJunko said:

My stacks seem to be functioning properly now. Are the stacks working again for anyone else here?

Still broken for me.

Double_Wide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#89  Edited By Double_Wide
Member since 2006 • 1985 Posts

@EnoshimaJunko said:

I'm having problems with my stacks as well. Every time I try to click "Save and Finish" after editing one, I get a message saying "Error occurred during submission" or something like that. So I can't really edit my stacks.

This is my exact experience.

Also, I have a bunch of games listed in my stacks that appear as their Japanese versions despite their American boxart/gamespaces being present on the site. Can this be fixed as well? I do not own any Japanese titles.

nurulhuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 nurulhuda
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The bug has been fixed for me. All is well for me.

puppies4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#91 puppies4life
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

We recognize stacks are lacking a lot of the utility they possessed in their earlier incarnations, specifically the management of stacks with a large amount of games; the feedback is most definitely appreciated. We are currently working to solve the current challenges with stacks and improve the overall usefulness of them.

Thisisstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Thisisstupid
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts

What happened to my following list? It was how I easily kept track of what games I was looking into and got updates on through the rss. Now it's just gone. And my so called following list is full of games and people I was never following so I don't know how they got there.

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

User Lists: 8

#93 anarayan
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts

@Puppies4Life said:

We recognize stacks are lacking a lot of the utility they possessed in their earlier incarnations, specifically the management of stacks with a large amount of games; the feedback is most definitely appreciated. We are currently working to solve the current challenges with stacks and improve the overall usefulness of them.

Thank you for updating us on the status. I look forward to seeing a more functional and vibrant stacks section.

Demonblight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Demonblight
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

@EnoshimaJunko said:

I'm experiencing the same problem on every stack which I try to edit.

daxlks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95 daxlks
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

It would be great if there was no cap for the ordered stacks (the current cap is 100). I cannot sort the 'games I own' list, which is over 100 titles, or even delete the titles I don't own anymore because it just won't allow me to. I can turn it into an unordered stack but if I do so then I can't sort them and it's a 'one way street'. I seriously hope that this isn't going to be the permanent state of these 'stacks' because as they are now it's a real pain to work with.

fifazalata123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#96 fifazalata123
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

@daxlks said:

It would be great if there was no cap for the ordered stacks (the current cap is 100). I cannot sort the 'games I own' list, which is over 100 titles, or even delete the titles I don't own anymore because it just won't allow me to. I can turn it into an unordered stack but if I do so then I can't sort them and it's a 'one way street'. I seriously hope that this isn't going to be the permanent state of these 'stacks' because as they are now it's a real pain to work with.

i came here to say the same thing bro

plus i've converted my GAMES I OWN stack to unordered one & now it's a total mess & i can't even reverse what i've done

& remove that "100 ITEM LIMIT"

plz try to fix it soon

thnx n advance

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

the stacks are working a bit better. it actually saved what i did when i messed with it. cant empty it though.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#98 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Stacks sort of work in Chrome but I'm still having no luck with IE.

Chrome allows me to save my stacks but I'm still unable to delete from my owned list because of the 100 cap and the unordered stacks that I created myself sometimes revert back to a jumbled up state after I've reorganised it and been told that it had all been saved.

It's getting there but there's still a lot to do.

Kelemonopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Kelemonopy
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

So far, for me at leas, they are working as intended (on firefox) but there are still some improvements to be made in terms of organising them

LunarEclipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LunarEclipz

Cant find any other thread that seems right for this, Assassins Creed Altair Chronicles for DS doesent show in searches and if i click it in my stack it sends me to Assassins Creed PC.

Also Assassins Creed Bloodlines for PSP and Assassins Creed II Discovery for DS dont appear when i search for them and clicking them in my stack takes me to Assassins Crred 2, i am trying to organize my stacks and those are at the beginning so it's hindering my progress.