So, what about the PS Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

So... Nintendo Discussion is for all Nintendo products, but what about Sony? It says PS3 & PS4 discussion, disregarding the PS Vita. Where do we put those discussions in now, the mobile section? Are these just placeholders because it looks like a sloppy mess.

AnonymousDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 AnonymousDX
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts

In attempting to stay minimalistic, they've definitely oversimplified some facets of the website's structure, particularly in the forums.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I would like for them to bring back a PSP/PS Vita board. I haven't seen many Vita topcs at all on the Sony board since the change, so I think it's better if there is dedicated boards for it.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

@lensflare15 said:

I would like for them to bring back a PSP/PS Vita board. I haven't seen many Vita topcs at all on the Sony board since the change, so I think it's better if there is dedicated boards for it.

Or if there are topics on PSV/PSP they're freakin' buried amongst the mountain of PS3/PS4 topics....<_<

I definitely think the 'too simplistic' approach ain't cutting it in this regard---not for the Sony forum, nor Nintendo (as they also have dedicated handhelds, then in itself needs separate forums too), or even in the PC/Mobile sections.

They seriously need to retweak this--as I hope this is just a rough outline of boards--and had a bit more diversity in the types of forums we really need. I've said it before in a another thread somewhat related to this (in PC forums actually) that I felt if they were going to consolidate things this way they should have at least made/create sub-category forums within the overall 'parent' forums.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

@PumpkinBoogie said:

@lensflare15 said:

Or if there are topics on PSV/PSP they're freakin' buried amongst the mountain of PS3/PS4 topics....<_<

I definitely think the 'too simplistic' approach ain't cutting it in this regard---not for the Sony forum, nor Nintendo (as they also have dedicated handhelds, then in itself needs separate forums too), or even in the PC/Mobile sections.

They seriously need to retweak this--as I hope this is just a rough outline of boards--and had a bit more diversity in the types of forums we really need. I've said it before in a another thread somewhat related to this (in PC forums actually) that I felt if they were going to consolidate things this way they should have at least made/create sub-category forums within the overall 'parent' forums.

You are exactly right. I've noticed that they have a very similar approach on Giant Bomb, where there aren't any boards dedicated to smaller topics (such as handhelds). It just leads to less threads pertaining to the topics that previously had boards, or they go completely ignored. Lumping the boards together also screws over the regulars of the old boards, as many of them didn't post in the console boards.

I would really like to some of these old boards return, and I hope people keep requesting it until Gamespot pays attention. That would help pick up the traffic of the overall site as well.