This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
#301 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (3915 posts) -

I feel worried for SonicSpot. that was the only place I know which should be returning soon,but since I'm on mobile,I can't call in sonicphc to approve the revitalization :(

Avatar image for Avenger1324
#302 Edited by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

@papermariofan57 said:

I don't know if to trust the fact that they are really doing something about this union issue or if they are really letting this be forgotten as time passes.

Where it's not just an instant fix they tend to sticky the topics they intend to address in this part of the forum.

Hmm... no sticky for this topic.

Nevermind - the other things they intend to address get edited into the "Bug and Feedback report"

Oh... not mentioned there either

I'm going down the same route as leon - keep asking until we either get the unions or a definitive "no"

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
#303 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (3915 posts) -

@papermariofan57 said:

I don't know if to trust the fact that they are really doing something about this union issue or if they are really letting this be forgotten as time passes.

if they leave it to rot,it's no longer the same place as it was.if the union make its way for REAL,I'll inform @sonicphc about this

Avatar image for MrStarkiller
#304 Edited by MrStarkiller (18857 posts) -

PMF: >letting it time out

That's what I suspect from them.

Leon: >keep asking

About all one can do.

Smash: >no longer the same place

My concern is more that they are the same place they have been for years.

Avenger: >observations

My, my.

>same route

Not much alternative, eh?

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
#305 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (3915 posts) -

@MrStarkiller: but with the union blog disappeared,that's where I point out its difference.you need this as a union news board,without one,we will never know what's going on at the union's front page.

Now with porkbots lurking around,the union will NEVER be a safer fort for its members to hang out

Avatar image for MrStarkiller
#306 Posted by MrStarkiller (18857 posts) -

>union blog

>blog

I don't tend to pay such things any mind.

>front page

I'm not overly concerned with all that. Just the board itself (and its history).

Avatar image for leon2365
#307 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@Avenger1324 said:

@papermariofan57 said:

I don't know if to trust the fact that they are really doing something about this union issue or if they are really letting this be forgotten as time passes.

Where it's not just an instant fix they tend to sticky the topics they intend to address in this part of the forum.

Hmm... no sticky for this topic.

Nevermind - the other things they intend to address get edited into the "Bug and Feedback report"

Oh... not mentioned there either

I'm going down the same route as leon - keep asking until we either get the unions or a definitive "no"

unions used to be in that bug report. then a new post was made and the old one vanished. I shall bring it up.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
#308 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (3915 posts) -

@MrStarkiller: first-hand information is important,especially if you forecast a special event in the union forums.that's why the front page existed,to let the members know what's the big commotion. Back in the Nintendo Galaxy,I wrote lots of these to sustain its activity.but now it's gone,even it's still a few months before the redesign took time

Avatar image for leon2365
#309 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

well I left a post on that bug report thread. don't know how long it will be before its seen though.

Avatar image for Redders1989
#310 Posted by Redders1989 (13410 posts) -

Getting ever closer to two months now since the website design change...

Avatar image for leon2365
#311 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

indeed we are. and still no "union boards." so much for them being ready.

Avatar image for MrStarkiller
#312 Posted by MrStarkiller (18857 posts) -

Smash: >front page

I'm quite aware. I'd done most of them for TUGOWU along with telegrams and 'official' topics over the years.

Leon: >being ready

GS certainly likes to take its time.

Red: >two months

What was the previous notion? Two weeks after the XBOX One release?

Avatar image for siberian142
#313 Posted by siberian142 (7773 posts) -

This shouldn't be surprising, this is pretty much GameSpot's MO at this point; talk positively (or have certain users do so) about their good intentions only to have no results for months or years (unions being a prime example). I wouldn't expect these changes to go live anytime soon personally, as putting your trust into GS is often a fruitless endeavor.

If/when they do go live, the damage will already be done. Many users who were apart of these unions will have moved on, and if the changes follow the outline detailed by staff, these 'unions' will be even more downgraded compared to what we had before. Not much point in preserving what we had if that preservation destroys the little activity those unions clung to.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#314 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

Gamespot is an outter joke when it comes to unions, they should be ashamed of themselves. Two fu**ing months? This is so unacceptable

Avatar image for leon2365
#315 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

ill just bring new users in the "union board." may not be what it used to be, but ill make the best of it.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#316 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

ill just bring new users in the "union board." may not be what it used to be, but ill make the best of it.

it's still not good enough. It's been two freaking months!

Avatar image for leon2365
#317 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

ill just bring new users in the "union board." may not be what it used to be, but ill make the best of it.

it's still not good enough. It's been two freaking months!

the wait is definitely not good enough. though for the traffic through the "union boards," (and the wait) there is nothing we can do unfortunately.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#318 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

ill just bring new users in the "union board." may not be what it used to be, but ill make the best of it.

it's still not good enough. It's been two freaking months!

the wait is definitely not good enough. though for the traffic through the "union boards," (and the wait) there is nothing we can do unfortunately.

We are the guys making sure the site gets hits, this is just unacceptable

Avatar image for MrStarkiller
#319 Posted by MrStarkiller (18857 posts) -

Siberian: Just so.

Last Ride: >two months

This ride isn't over yet.

Leon: >nothing to be done

Aside from what is being done here. Simply noting displeasure.

Avatar image for leon2365
#320 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@leon2365 said:

ill just bring new users in the "union board." may not be what it used to be, but ill make the best of it.

it's still not good enough. It's been two freaking months!

the wait is definitely not good enough. though for the traffic through the "union boards," (and the wait) there is nothing we can do unfortunately.

We are the guys making sure the site gets hits, this is just unacceptable

definitely is.

Avatar image for TAMKFan
#321 Edited by TAMKFan (33269 posts) -

Unions are back now. My post history page has increased by a lot. You can find unions from there.

Avatar image for leon2365
#322 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

indeed they are back. I wonder which ones made the cut.

Avatar image for leon2365
#323 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

though now that I actually use them, they are somewhat problematic still. cant make new topics, and cant post in them either.

Avatar image for TAMKFan
#324 Posted by TAMKFan (33269 posts) -

Yes, you can. You do get an error for doing it, but the posts should still go through. I was just posting in a union.

Avatar image for leon2365
#325 Edited by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

hmm.. they should fix that then.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#326 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

where the hell is my union?

Avatar image for leon2365
#327 Edited by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

where the hell is my union?

check your post history. go one by one. ive scanned about 100 pages already.

Avatar image for Redders1989
#328 Posted by Redders1989 (13410 posts) -

Huzzah!

We may have given them some stick, and we did have to wait a while - but at least those GS people stuck to their word. Cheers. I can finally get back some vital information I needed!

Avatar image for Redders1989
#329 Edited by Redders1989 (13410 posts) -

Well... we're sorta there. Seems a lot of the old topics don't work still (can only find the odd one here or there which seem to work), so the sooner they can start working the better.

Avatar image for dannichi
#330 Posted by dannichi (25 posts) -

dang, you guys found them a bit early. We're doing final tweaks (Thanksgiving put a damper on our schedule which is why this is a bit late) so there will still be bugs as we continue to stamp out stuff. We'll have a list of the unions that made it over shortly

Avatar image for leon2365
#331 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@dannichi said:

dang, you guys found them a bit early. We're doing final tweaks (Thanksgiving put a damper on our schedule which is why this is a bit late) so there will still be bugs as we continue to stamp out stuff. We'll have a list of the unions that made it over shortly

yes. they were found, and indeed they do have some bugs in them. if you'd like, you can check this thread for a small list of the bugs we have found so far.

Avatar image for sonictrainer
#332 Edited by sonictrainer (15186 posts) -

@dannichi said:

dang, you guys found them a bit early. We're doing final tweaks (Thanksgiving put a damper on our schedule which is why this is a bit late) so there will still be bugs as we continue to stamp out stuff. We'll have a list of the unions that made it over shortly

Thank you! :D

Avatar image for MrStarkiller
#333 Edited by MrStarkiller (18857 posts) -

Yes, post history was the method I used too.

Avatar image for leon2365
#334 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

it may be tedious, but its the only way to come up with any "union boards" at the moment.

Avatar image for sonictrainer
#335 Posted by sonictrainer (15186 posts) -

Are we able to post new topics on the Union Boards or do we still have to wait?

Avatar image for leon2365
#336 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@sonictrainer said:

Are we able to post new topics on the Union Boards or do we still have to wait?

you can post new topics, but its recommended you wait until they have all the bugs sorted out.

Avatar image for sonictrainer
#337 Posted by sonictrainer (15186 posts) -

Yeah, I tried to make a new topic on a Union Board but it ended up in the Games Discussion Board instead.

Avatar image for leon2365
#338 Edited by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@sonictrainer said:

Yeah, I tried to make a new topic on a Union Board but it ended up in the Games Discussion Board instead.

to make new topics in a "union board," you need to click on the link next to the forum listing that says "or search for a more specific forum." once that is clicked, a white box with the board name will show up in it, and then the topic will be created to the desired board.

Avatar image for michaelP4
#339 Posted by michaelP4 (16680 posts) -

Apologies, bit late here - been very busy with Christmas and unwell. Very glad to see unions are back! Took a while but we got there! I'd like to thank everyone for their support. GS was going to have unions abolished - we said no - they changed their minds! That's people power in action!

As promised: any union that needs mod support (close topics, stickying etc) do contact us or post your request in here. Personally, I'd prefer any requests posted in here - that way, I or any other mod that sees them can deal with them when we get to them. Even better: if your union already has a mod, then it shouldn't be a problem to get them to help out.

Will be difficult to get the unions back up and running but we're here to help. Please be thoughtful and reasonable in your requests. As always, mod discretion will be employed in dealing with whatever comes up. Also, we'll get to them when we get to them - don't expect immediate action, especially during the holidays. Remember: no mod is obligated to do any of this - they can refuse - so bear that in mind.

Lastly, have a very good Christmas guys! ;)

Avatar image for leon2365
#340 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@michaelP4 said:

Apologies, bit late here - been very busy with Christmas and unwell. Very glad to see unions are back! Took a while but we got there! I'd like to thank everyone for their support. GS was going to have unions abolished - we said no - they changed their minds! That's people power in action!

As promised: any union that needs mod support (close topics, stickying etc) do contact us or post your request in here. Personally, I'd prefer any requests posted in here - that way, I or any other mod that sees them can deal with them when we get to them. Even better: if your union already has a mod, then it shouldn't be a problem to get them to help out.

Will be difficult to get the unions back up and running but we're here to help. Please be thoughtful and reasonable in your requests. As always, mod discretion will be employed in dealing with whatever comes up. Also, we'll get to them when we get to them - don't expect immediate action, especially during the holidays. Remember: no mod is obligated to do any of this - they can refuse - so bear that in mind.

Lastly, have a very good Christmas guys! ;)

it would help if union leaders were somehow given those moderation abilities so we wouldn't have to distract the real moderators from the more important issues.

Avatar image for michaelP4
#341 Posted by michaelP4 (16680 posts) -

True but we probably won't get anything like that anytime soon. Even then, I doubt that much maintenance will be needed - wouldn't worry about it. Would expect each union to become comfortable with relying on particular mods to help them out. I know I'll be helping out my unions.

Avatar image for leon2365
#342 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

well it depends on how active said moderators are. it could take weeks for anything to happen in a union when relying on the mods. no offense.

Avatar image for ThePrince8605
#343 Edited by ThePrince8605 (12523 posts) -

I worked hard on my Union. I became inactive because of all the bugs and i got too busy with work and school, but i wanted to return. the fact that all my work was thrown in the trash insults me greatly. Gamespot once i get in touch with a few friends and find a new place to chat i will deactivate my account, which is over ten years old by the way. i CAN'T BLAME THEM FOR SHUTTING MINE DOWN BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I COULD REACTIVATE IT....

BRING UNIONS BACK!

Avatar image for leon2365
#344 Edited by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

@ThePrince8605 said:

I worked hard on my Union. I became inactive because of all the bugs and i got too busy with work and school, but i wanted to return. the fact that all my work was thrown in the trash insults me greatly. Gamespot once i get in touch with a few friends and find a new place to chat i will deactivate my account, which is over ten years old by the way. i CAN'T BLAME THEM FOR SHUTTING MINE DOWN BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I COULD REACTIVATE IT....

BRING UNIONS BACK!

unions are back. though only some of them made the cut, and only if they were requested to be turned into "union boards." the period for requesting such action is long gone, and most likely, your union is gone forever. seeing as how you care very deeply for your union, all I can say is look through your posting history on the off chance that someone requested it to be turned into a "union board," or check this thread to see if it did carry over and maybe we already know about it. if your union is not found by either method, then it is gone, and there is most likely no way of bringing it back.