Real reason to have removed the thumb down-up system?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nurnberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nurnberg
Member since 2005 • 1311 Posts

Is it to protect the feelings of SJWs? Because the messages insulting them got the most thumb ups? Or because the messages bashing certain companies had the most thumbs up? Anyway, it seems really fishy. It seems more like an attempt at censorship than anything else. I mean, who cares if some messages got thumbed down? This happened to me a few times. I can take it. I can post unpopular opinions sometimes. But I don't cry about it and demand the whole system to be scrapped because my feelings are hurt. I totally hate the current system.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2  Edited By dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

In days of old, it got to a point of the user themselves being thumbed down, rather than the opinion they were posting. That's uncool. Especially when it stretched to personal blog posts. People would comment on their own blog posts and get thumbed down. How is that okay?

nurnberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nurnberg
Member since 2005 • 1311 Posts

@dab198 said:

In days of old, it got to a point of the user themselves being thumbed down, rather than the opinion they were posting. That's uncool. Especially when it stretched to personal blog posts. People would comment on their own blog posts and get thumbed down. How is that okay?

That person was likely an annoying troll.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79482 Posts

The new comment system seems to be based on what they use for the forum system. They finally ditched LiveFyre, so I really don't think they got rid of the thumbs up and downs because of "SJW"s. However, I would say that should have gotten rid of the thumbs up/down system well before SJW was ever a term.