Problems managing my collection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dominuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 0

#1 Dominuss
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I have 68 games in my wish list and I wanted to remove some of them, either delete or move to collection.

Nothing I've tried made any of the games moves from that list. It's always returning to the same 68, as if I did nothing.

I've also tried managing titles from their page, but that proves to be difficult, because I can't find the 'Add to lists' button inside the game card as there is on the 'search results' page.

Thanks.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
He's right, nothing is working, you can't even delete a game from your list. *sigh* This is becoming extremely tiresome, why can't Gamespot simply hire full-time programmers?
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
I think this is related to a similar issue I've seen raised a couple of times here about people not being able to add games to their collection, which has also happened to me on occasion. My answer to them was to wait a day for the system to refresh itself as the changes have indeed gone through behind the scenes - so check your lists again tomorrow and see whether they have updated.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
I think this is related to a similar issue I've seen raised a couple of times here about people not being able to add games to their collection, which has also happened to me on occasion. My answer to them was to wait a day for the system to refresh itself as the changes have indeed gone through behind the scenes - so check your lists again tomorrow and see whether they have updated.silentexistence
I've been here quite a while, and the changes used to be instantaneous. If this isn't a glitch, then they moved the game lists to the back end of the server, which is not a good move.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]I've been here quite a while, and the changes used to be instantaneous. If this isn't a glitch, then they moved the game lists to the back end of the server, which is not a good move.

Yeah, it was usually instantaneous back then, but I find that this happens once in a while now when I go to add a game to my collection.
Dominuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dominuss

It's not the fact the I can't manage my collection, well, it's not entirely that, but rather

the whole Gamespot-user interface feels a little sluggish.

In order to do stuff I need to do it from certain screens and not others - the problem with adding games to lists I mentioned for example.

I have no idea where to find the 'add to list' button *INSIDE* a game's page. Only on the 'search results'.

Also, lots and lots of times I receive 'something is going on behind the scenes' pages...

I realize the site is receiving massive amounts of traffic, but I think the site should be more streamlined in terms of getting around.

The new look went up how long ago? a year? more? sites these days have a slicker way to navigating around...

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

I have no idea where to find the 'add to list' button *INSIDE* a game's page. Only on the 'search results'.

Dominuss

That's because there isn't one, and there's a long-standing thread on the feedback boardabout that.

The new add to list feature (for adding to any custom list you feel like) isn't good enough, unless staff are planning to automagically convert our current collections etc into the new type of list.

Dominuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dominuss

I understand that the feature isn't available on the game page, and that is why I wrote that the site isn't very user friendly as of late...