Problem viewing videos.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I can't view any of the videos on gamespot. It will allow me to watch an advertisement and then after that nothing happens. Anyone else having the same problem? Got any fixes?

halBU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 halBU
Member since 2002 • 436 Posts

I can't view any of the videos on gamespot. It will allow me to watch an advertisement and then after that nothing happens. Anyone else having the same problem? Got any fixes?

Ragnarok1051

I'm having the exact same issue. Ads work, videos don't. IE, Firefox, Chrome... matters not.

JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JasonGriffee
Member since 2011 • 194 Posts

Make sure you have flash and your browser up-to-date. Then clear your temporary internet files. Sign-in and see if it works.

halBU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 halBU

That seems to be the standard answer, but I've already done all that. Besides, it doesn't seem like it'd make sense that we can see the ads and not the content.

JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JasonGriffee
Member since 2011 • 194 Posts

That seems to be the standard answer, but I've already done all that. Besides, it doesn't seem like it'd make sense that we can see the ads and not the content.

halBU
It's the standard answer because 75% of browser issues are related to clogged caches and out-of-date browser plug-ins. If you have cleared your cache, and updated your system, then it might be a site issue. Is there a particular ad that is doing it?
halBU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 halBU

Nope, it's all of them all of the time. I take it back - they popped up one small video that was ad-free in their E3 coverage and it worked perfectly. It's definitely a site issue and it's happening during the transition from ad to content.