Please stop putting Zelda spoilers on your homepage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bfa1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 bfa1509
Member since 2011 • 1058 Posts

From Day 1 of Zelda's release; the Gamespot homepage has been riddled with Zelda articles. I do realize that Zelda is a very popular series and that these articles likely draw a lot of traffic to the site.

I, personally, would never read these types of articles before playing a game. Most of the visible article titles, however, are borderline, if not blatant, spoilers in and of themselves as they give away certain surprises that come later in the game that a lot of people haven't reached yet.

To elaborate: the article titles are needlessly worded in a way that they give a lot away. Such as "How to find all 10 X in Breath of the Wild" - This spoils the fact that X exists later on in the game and also that there are only 10 of X. This small amount of information spoils the game for those of us who want to discover these things for ourselves.

Other titles such as "10 things you need to know to get through Y". This type of title spoils the fact that Y is a location in the game and also the fact that Y will be a difficult stage for certain players.

This problem is not specific to Zelda games. It's just that this is the final straw as I am really looking forward to playing it.

I know the internet is not a good place for those who don't want spoilers, but one should not expect it from a gaming site run by gaming journalists who claim to love and respect all things gaming.

I will not be returning to the homepage of the site until the Zelda hype has died down (which could take months). Please take this feedback into account in future!

Thanks.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Acillatem1993
Member since 2011 • 1100 Posts

Thank you, I am so bothered by this, but did not know where or how to express that so I just let it go. But I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sees it this way. Zelda is an exploration game before anything else and to keep spoiling every little thing which ruins the exploration aspect is just above me.

bfa1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 bfa1509
Member since 2011 • 1058 Posts

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Now that the dust had settled on the main game, Gamespot have now turned their attention to spoiling the DLC:

Well done Gamespot, keep destroying whats left of your reputation for dem clicks...