Please stop putting spoilers in the front page descriptions of the articles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/twin-peaks-season-3-episode-16-recap-no-knock-no-d/2300-6440734/

Part 16 might have been the best episode of the series! Ryan and Greg talk about Richard's death, the coordinates, Diane's ominous departure, Chantal & Hutch, Dale Cooper's awesome return, and of course Audrey's Dance. They also offer some of their own crackpot predictions for the two-part finale.

Come on, guys. What the hell? Some of us haven't started the new season yet. This kind of stuff gives people reasons to not visit the site.

-Byshop

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -1

#2 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

@Byshop: So sorry about that - we've updated the copy and I've alerted the team to avoid spoilers like this. Thanks for reporting!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Byshop  Moderator

@angerawr said:

@Byshop: So sorry about that - we've updated the copy and I've alerted the team to avoid spoilers like this. Thanks for reporting!

Thanks!

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Byshop  Moderator

@gregt155, @ryanerikp

And again: https://www.gamespot.com/videos/american-horror-story-cult-episode-2-breakdown/2300-6440885/

"American Horror Story: Cult Episode 2 Breakdown! Dek: Kai runs for city council, Ally and Ivy meet the new neighbors and one of their employees is murdered at work. Also, more..."

Obviously put whatever you want in the content of the article, but what is the point of putting spoilers in the description that shows up on the front page? I get that you're trying to drum up interest in the article/video content itself, but how does this do that? For anyone who's seen the episode, they know what happened so they'll already have an idea of what you'll be talking about so it's no benefit to them. For anyone who doesn't watch the show, they won't care. But for those who do watch these shows but haven't gotten around to seeing this week's episode, this is actively aggravating and GS gets comments along these lines all the time. Maybe the goal here is "hey, if they are clicking the article to write a comment to complain about the spoilers, that's still a click!" but I really hope that's not how you guys view this.

-Byshop