Please Post Only Forum Issues Here *The Biggies* (These forums are broken)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

K0PaSk4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 K0PaSk4
Member since 2004 • 15646 Posts
I lost all my favourite boards in my list, WTF happening? someone fill me in.
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Banjo4321
Member since 2003 • 6229 Posts
It happens every once in a while for me.  Just wait a while and they will come back.
tomsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 tomsten
Member since 2005 • 556 Posts
what the hell my sigs there gone!
Angel_Belial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Angel_Belial
Member since 2005 • 1147 Posts

The site runs very quickly for me (much faster than the old design), but I'm getting nearly all the same problems as everyone else.  If I click on 'news' the page will load, but the news won't.  Sometimes it will only load old articles from December of last year.

The forums play up a lot, too.  The same thing happens when I click on a topic or forum board - sometimes it will load, other times not.  Today it is particularly bad.

Also, a couple of days ago I was getting that 'Internet Explorer cannot open this page.  Operation aborted' message, but that seems to be fixed now anyway.

Hope this information can help in some way.

Avatar image for -UnlimitedZero-
-UnlimitedZero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#106 -UnlimitedZero-
Member since 2005 • 6928 Posts
It's been a lot more buggy today for me.
-CitizenKane-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107 -CitizenKane-
Member since 2002 • 39255 Posts
From about 4:30 - 5:30 pm CST today, the forums, for me, would take about 20x longer to load up.  In some cases, Firefox gave me an error saying I wasn't connected to the internet, but I was loading pages from other websites fine at the exact same time.

Also, there seem to be some bugs or glitches in the Forum Search.  Most of the time when I press search from the community main page, the results page always shows up with no results or a "No results found" message.  It just gives me a blank user input text box and have the Board Title button selected, like I haven't even tried a search yet.  Sometimes while I'm in that page and I do a search, the page loads up just the way before.  It takes me about 3-4 tries to get a search down.
-Tupacalypse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 -Tupacalypse-
Member since 2004 • 10562 Posts
[QUOTE="-CitizenKane-"]From about 4:30 - 5:30 pm CST today, the forums, for me, would take about 20x longer to load up. In some cases, Firefox gave me an error saying I wasn't connected to the internet, but I was loading pages from other websites fine at the exact same time.

Yes, that was incredibly agitating...the blank post/board thing has to be the worst though.

Wow, it happened this post. -_-
frozenthino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 frozenthino
Member since 2005 • 9741 Posts
[QUOTE="-CitizenKane-"]From about 4:30 - 5:30 pm CST today, the forums, for me, would take about 20x longer to load up. In some cases, Firefox gave me an error saying I wasn't connected to the internet, but I was loading pages from other websites fine at the exact same time.

I got this too
cubedman990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 cubedman990
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts
Well when browsing in the past 10-20 minutes, I had to refresh the pages 22 times.

Come on GameSpot. You guys are a company. A big company. Big companies make money. Money hires workers. Workers fix. Workers fix forums. Fixed forums make happy people. Happy people means more hits. More hits means more money. Money continues the cycle.

Is it that hard to figure it out? Fix the goddamn forums!
Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 Sentinelrv
Member since 2002 • 23386 Posts
Wow, people really seem to be getting upset today, even the ones that are usually happy people.
cubedman990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 cubedman990
Wow, people really seem to be getting upset today, even the ones that are usually happy people.Sentinelrv
I bet you're talking about me? lolol I just really am fed up with this. Since I saw a mod being angry I figured I could too. :P
Plus I've had a looong, stressful day.

Back on topic (lol)....
    As for other forum issues, I've only got the pages no loading and occasionally, "image.gamespotcdn.com" never stops loading something on the page. And the replies/threads load slowly....Very slowly.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
For me the forums have mysteriously been working for a few days. Until today when the nothing-loading-bug struck with full force, forcing me to practice my F5 pressing skills.
sopark4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 sopark4000
Member since 2004 • 172 Posts
Yea im gettin pretty fed up with this crap the only forum i use is the one for GTA San An and im being told i dont have access to view this board but im quite sure i ahvnt been banned. So yea game spot get your damn act together like everyone said you guys take peoples money so do something with it.
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Banjo4321
We've sat patiently through the bugs these last few months.  I think now people are really starting to get annoyed.  I hope some of these major forum issues can be resolved.
cubedman990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 cubedman990
We've sat patiently through the bugs these last few months. I think now people are really starting to get annoyed. I hope some of these major forum issues can be resolved.Banjo4321
Yeah, and I'm definitely one of them. I really don't want to, but I may have to leave GameSpot if they don't get their act together.
-Dense-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117 -Dense-
Member since 2005 • 5409 Posts
I'm going to come flat out and say it. Before the redesign, these forums were beautiful and you felt a great connection to the community. Now, traffic has been lowered, the server messes up ALL THE TIME, and the resolution only caters to those who still have computer monitors from 1998. Please fix this horrible travesty.
garhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 garhart
Member since 2004 • 2752 Posts

Please keep the topic with the forum issues. If anyone else is having these problems, we're interested in your story since it seems like not everyone is having the same exact problem at the same time. Please also list the times when this occurs. Thanks! :D  

JodyR

I get the errors everytime I log in.  Anywhere from 7:00 AM morning to 2:00 AM at night EST.  I would say 1 in 3 page retrieval return something missing.  From profiles pages missing blogs and friends blog lists to Forum returning empty pages or lost posts.  The extent of issues is large.

Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Sentinelrv

I'm going to come flat out and say it. Before the redesign, these forums were beautiful and you felt a great connection to the community. Now, traffic has been lowered, the server messes up ALL THE TIME, and the resolution only caters to those who still have computer monitors from 1998. Please fix this horrible travesty. -Dense-

It's all true, especially about the communites part. I wonder if they have any idea how many communities they have DESTROYED! Many UCB and union communities have been totally destroyed and left for dead thanks to their beautiful efforts to provide us with more functionality. Was it worth it to make so many people so unhappy, and ruin so many great communities with their long down times, errors, etc...? Absolutely NOT!

shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
This is really sickening now. Literally very fegging time I open a new page i have to refreash. Its really pissing me off. wtf are you guys doing? Sitting home and laughing at us and our sufferings?
frozenthino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 frozenthino
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"] This is really sickening now. Literally very fegging time I open a new page i have to refreash. Its really pissing me off. wtf are you guys doing? Sitting home and laughing at us and our sufferings?

even worse. they're trying to fix it but they can't , I just can't imagine that , performance issues they say...CNET...
jugend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 jugend
Member since 2003 • 3193 Posts
In addition to having to refresh all the time, I am seeing some people's signatures when I have sigs turned off. I know it isn't that big of a deal compared with the other problems though...
thornpaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#123 thornpaw
Member since 2004 • 7972 Posts
In addition to having to refresh all the time, I am seeing some people's signatures when I have sigs turned off. I know it isn't that big of a deal compared with the other problems though...jugend
At least you can see the signatures, if I turn them on IE goes up to 100% CPU usage and hangs...I still cannont figure out why it is doing that.
Zeke129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#124 Zeke129
Member since 2003 • 11176 Posts
You guys seem to like images and stuff, so here you go. Hope it helps: (It didn't take long to replicate these errors)
Firefox 1.5.0.1
XP Home Edition SP2
DSL Broadband Connection

I'll edit this post if I find more.

frozenthino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 frozenthino
2nd & 3rd pic are my fav ones
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Banjo4321
It's not like we haven't all seen it ourselves.
cubedman990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 cubedman990
yeah those are the bugs unrelated to us....they're problems with GameSpot.
Zeke129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Zeke129
It's not like we haven't all seen it ourselves.Banjo4321

That's for the Gamespot tech guys. They seem to be in denial about the problems.
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Banjo4321
^ It's happening to them to.  They've said they haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet.
Sentinelrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Sentinelrv

I think that an announcment on the main community page ensuring everybody that this is a top priority issue, and everything that can be done to fix the problem is being done. I'm sure that will cut down on a lot of the worrying and whining about the problem.

Although I'm sure that there are other announcements lined up to include, I feel that this is more important than announcing that On the Spot is on.

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts

I think that an announcment on the main community page ensuring everybody that this is a top priority issue, and everything that can be done to fix the problem is being done. I'm sure that will cut down on a lot of the worrying and whining about the problem.

Although I'm sure that there are other announcements lined up to include, I feel that this is more important than announcing that On the Spot is on.

Sentinelrv

:lol: I agree with you on that one!
S_o_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 S_o_G
Member since 2003 • 5415 Posts
I really wish Gamespot would just shut the site down for a few days. that way they wouldn't hav eto deal with any new info or uses online, and they could run a super gambit of stuff at the servers and figure out why these problems are happening.
I'm geting sick of em personally.
KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 KittyKat
Member since 2002 • 26381 Posts

I think that an announcment on the main community page ensuring everybody that this is a top priority issue, and everything that can be done to fix the problem is being done. I'm sure that will cut down on a lot of the worrying and whining about the problem.

Sentinelrv

I agree.... because i see "technically difficulties" alot when i go to the main page - I really don't care about On the Spot, and if I did, i would already know about it. What I do care about as a forum user, is what is being fixed and how long will it take to fix it - and if it's being fixed at all.  It would help make users feel better about the forum users, and would allow for more feedback as to users issues.

I figure if these forums they made are causing so much trouble, and they seem to be difficult to fix - so they should just use the same type that SomethingAwful uses and whatnot....
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
[QUOTE="Sentinelrv"]

KittyKat

I agree.... because i see "technically difficulties" alot when i go to the main page - I really don't care about On the Spot, and if I did, i would already know about it. What I do care about as a forum user, is what is being fixed and how long will it take to fix it - and if it's being fixed at all.  It would help make users feel better about the forum users, and would allow for more feedback as to users issues.

I figure if these forums they made are causing so much trouble, and they seem to be difficult to fix - so they should just use the same type that SomethingAwful uses and whatnot....

wow Kiity, I never expected you to take a stand for the users ;). Thanks, it makes me feel that all us aren't jsut whining.

dcgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 dcgames
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts
^ It's happening to them to. They've said they haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet.Banjo4321

Hmm, then maybe we should forget how to pay them subscriber fees, eh?
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Banjo4321
^ That's up to you.  It's not like they are forcing anyone to pay.  I'm perfectly happy as a basic member.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I would rather have GameSpot take down the forums for late a night, instead of them shutting down the forums for a few days
cubedman990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 cubedman990
[QUOTE="_Sam_"]

Sentinelrv

:lol: I agree with you on that one!

Same here, the last few updates have just been promoting tourneys and OTS.

They need to let others know that they are working on it (well I don't want them to lie though). They are still isolating themselves by posting dumb announcements about OTS and not the FORUMS because it's the FORUMS ANNOUNCEMENTS, not the GS announcements.
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Banjo4321
Yeah I'm really tired of GameSpot announcements under Forum Announcements.

I used to visit the GameSpot main site every single day, but I've stayed away from it since the redesign.  I only care about the forums now, which is why I hope they fix them ASAP.

The only reason I stick around through all this mess is because of the unions.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#140 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts
I would rather have them destroy the current forums and rebuild the forums the way they were. At first it was just the speed of the site,but now it's contant glitches,bugs,errors,black pages,and whatnot. I didn't like the way the new forums looked when it started and I still don't. Ever since the redesign there has been constant bugs,and it seems like new ones keep popping up. I say go ahead and shut down the forums a few days and fix it,or better yet,redesign it again to something better that will actually work properly. I understand that glitches and bugs happen,but something should be done about,instead of going through it for weeks.
S_o_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 S_o_G

NEW error message
Comming to the site today I clicked the forums button this is what I got.

Thats it. a 0 at the top of the page.

sopark4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 sopark4000
Member since 2004 • 172 Posts
Whats really stupid is the fact that most of the bugs and glitches happen a lot less when your not logged into your account so let me get this straight... the people who arent members get better service and less problems than the people who are. Oh ok that makes sense thanks for clearing it up. idiots
Brian_of_OP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Brian_of_OP
Member since 2005 • 1960 Posts
wow its gamespot at its best

when will all these friggin bugs be fixed when i try to view a topic or reply to a topic or like earlier today i just see blank screens are jumbled up bs like this
you guys are able to add new emblems but not able to fix the essentials :cry:

Duff_ManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#144 Duff_ManX
Member since 2005 • 12650 Posts
We liberated Iraqi mos... what is the rest? :P
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
sopark4000, quit whining. The admins are doing thier best and comments like that aren't even helping...
frozenthino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 frozenthino
I got only one blank page today , plus bold quote were fixed and I see more administrative response: Gamespot is getting better.
outsidethewall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 outsidethewall
Member since 2004 • 14750 Posts
Huh. It seems that downtime the forms had laast night have cleared up any problems I've been having.

I'm not using Back or Refresh whenever I post or read a thread.
Zeke129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Zeke129
wow its gamespot at its best

when will all these friggin bugs be fixed when i try to view a topic or reply to a topic or like earlier today i just see blank screens are jumbled up bs like this
you guys are able to add new emblems but not able to fix the essentials :cry:
 Brian_of_OP

Yup, I've been getting that one a lot. Here's further proof for those who want it:

S_o_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 S_o_G
I'll say this now. I'm geting sick of gamespot. NOW I CANT post any thing with IE because every thing I post it says One or more of my words we're automatically censored! it wont let me post no matter what now!