This topic is locked from further discussion.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8690 Posts

Okay, so it's a little deeper than that and really does go along with the feedback I'm about to give, but I'm absolutely heartbroken to see what's become of this site. I spent most of my early teens here, was a subscriber, tuned into on the spot with Rich, read the reviews of Jeff and Greg... and spent boatloads of time with my Fire Emblem and Team Ninja union.

I won several prizes from On the Spot, NBA Ballers was one of 'em! I also won an art contest and my display icon was used by Kevin V for several years (of course I was ban dodging on the alias "deathofaninja").

I got my account revived because I was a pretty good standing member that just had a silver tongue. But later on I noticed my unions were completely erased, all the time, all the effort... gone. All the memories and shared strategy gone. I will never know why Gamespot killed their own community, but they did. The legacy points sitting in my profile continue to be a testament to the laziness that ensues.

And it's really not just about the forum that turned into complete bs, but the rest of the site as well. Suggestive reviews, boring shows and just less heart and passion all together.

If Gamespot taught me anything it's not just "nothing lasts forever" but goes deeper than that:

When you try your very hardest, sometimes it just doesn't matter at all. The community obviously never meant a thing to you guys, and I don't want to be part of this community anymore. You erased what was amazing, and didn't really care what the community had to say. So do me at least ONE favor and delete my account and "deathofaninja" so I don't have to be a part of it anymore. Good riddens Gamespot.

Kevin will always have my respect, but everyone else can **** off.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

You can just change your password to something random and then log out.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

my heart bleeds for you

gearratio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gearratio
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

You're not alone in your sentiment.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#5 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Kevin is the only person why I take gamespot reviews seriously now . Other than that , it has become trollspot , full of click bait articles and no real gaming news .

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 284

User Lists: 37

#6 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

I'm happy that you mentioned Kevin.

Zakule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Zakule
Member since 2002 • 74 Posts

I hear ya, man. While I've never been a strong part of the community, I've followed the site for almost 15 years. To see it become this pile of chipotle is depressing. I used to visit gamespot almost daily. Now I just pop in every few weeks hoping to see that the site has been bought out by a company that actually knows what to do with it.

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#8 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

@vgmkyle: Dude I remember you, I used to have you on msn messenger. Hope all is good with you. Remember me? I used to make forum signature icons back in the day, remember brandyinindiana?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I understand your frustration, but that does not warrant rudeness at everyone besides one person. That shows a misunderstanding of the way GameSpot operates.

If you are sure you would like to do this, send a PM to the moderation team and it is possible that it might be done.