Please add iPhone as a reviewed platform

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jubeajubea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jubeajubea
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

The iPhone game space is starting to get crowded and desparately needs some good critical oversight. In addition, there are starting to be several ports (SimCity, PuzzleQuest, Katamari, etc).

Thanks!

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
GameSpot has enough trouble reviewing games on ACTUAL platforms with their limited staff.
jazztrumpet5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 jazztrumpet5
Member since 2003 • 1085 Posts
I disagree. I think the iPhone/Touch iPod are becoming viable gaming options. It's not like we're looking at a RAZR or anything. There are some decent games sprouting up, and I think we'd be well-served to have some official reviews on the main site.
DouglasBuffone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4 DouglasBuffone
Member since 2004 • 9421 Posts
I disagree. I think the iPhone/Touch iPod are becoming viable gaming options. It's not like we're looking at a RAZR or anything. There are some decent games sprouting up, and I think we'd be well-served to have some official reviews on the main site. jazztrumpet5
I totally agree, but the staff is smaller than it used to be due to the layoffs so I think it will be a while until this happens
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

I think that would be a bad idea because its hard enough for Gamespot to get the actual reviews done in time, especially with their limited staff nowadays.

Plus, the Iphone doesn't have enough games to regard it as a serious gaming platform.

djphelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 djphelps
Member since 2002 • 331 Posts
It would be nice to have at least a forum to discuss the games in, like a "mobile gaming" forum. There really isn't any place to post it now. I'd prefer to get feedback from fellow gamers prior to buying a game instead of tring to decipher the stupid comments in the app store.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
You can get feedback by reading the forums and checking GameSpot's and GameFAQs' user reviews for the game. If there aren't any, it's unlikely the game is popular enough that GameSpot would review it anyway.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
You can get feedback by reading the forums and checking GameSpot's and GameFAQs' user reviews for the game. If there aren't any, it's unlikely the game is popular enough that GameSpot would review it anyway.LordAndrew
I disagree. Just searched for "Rolando," probably the best iPhone game, and there is only 1 User Score...
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

[QUOTE="LordAndrew"]You can get feedback by reading the forums and checking GameSpot's and GameFAQs' user reviews for the game. If there aren't any, it's unlikely the game is popular enough that GameSpot would review it anyway.choffy
I disagree. Just searched for "Rolando," probably the best iPhone game, and there is only 1 User Score...

9.5 from IGN. Great reviews from other sites, but absolutely no interest shown on GameSpot or GameFAQs. I doubt a GameSpot review would really change that. Most people on this site just don't seem to care about iPhone games.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
The only 2 sites I see reviewing them on a regular basis are Modojo and pocketgamer.
Avatar image for Scott_Malkinson
Scott_Malkinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Scott_Malkinson
Member since 2008 • 2604 Posts
If they made a board for the iPhone, they would have to make a board for every mobile device that plays games. They should have a mobile games board.