Player Review Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phil709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#101 Phil709
Member since 2005 • 10204 Posts
Damn, when people were recommending myself, they actually meant it. There IS someone who's user name is myself! He should be number one by now!
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts
Well, not to be self-centered, but I'd like to reccomend myself.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#103 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
But I think the point is to have other people think your reviews are good. Not meaning to be rude I just stating my opinion on the matter.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I could be wrong but I *think* the overall idea of this thread is for recommendations but not for yourself:?Amnesiac23

I agree. Why is everyone recommending themselves?? Did I miss something?

I think because they want the emblem for themselves more than anything unfortunately.

-Twilight-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 -Twilight-
Member since 2005 • 8931 Posts

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I could be wrong but I *think* the overall idea of this thread is for recommendations but not for yourself:?Amnesiac23

I think it's because we're allowed to.
Homes225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#106 Homes225
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

I recommend myself and ZimpanX

For Myself I will use some example reviews that show off my review styling, wording, etc.

These are my reviews with more depth and length so I put more time into them because they are triple-A, more widely known titles.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl PC Review

The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles PC Review

This is a different type I recently started using in reviews on games that aren't are popular and thus are quick to the point. I find that while shorter, this is what some people are looking for, not a long review but the main idea of a game on one page.

CellFactor: Revolution PC Review

As you can see I mostly review PC games but I have started to explore the console world with my Xbox 360 and will start reviewing my current games soon.

Now to Zim.

I recommend Zim because he is very thorough with his reviews.

You can see this in some of his past reviews including:

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent 360 Review

Gears of War 360 Review

Thank you for your time and I hope you make the right choice :)

Shacks210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#107 Shacks210
Member since 2006 • 4633 Posts

I recommend myself here are a few of my reviews, my latest anyways. I have had to learn to write reviews good, so my old are not as well.

God Of War II

Oblivion (PS3)

Here are a fewolder ones...

Resistance: Fall Of Man

Superman Returns: The Videogame

Also I would like to recommend a good friend of mine, he writes good reviews. Check out his reviews on his profile, his name is K1LLSWITCH.

movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#108 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts

Hey I think I did a pretty good job on this review on Morrowind

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elderscrolls3morrowind/player_review.html?id=450383

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#109 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
[QUOTE="Amnesiac23"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I could be wrong but I *think* the overall idea of this thread is for recommendations but not for yourself:?-Twilight-

I think it's because we're allowed to.

*EDIT* never mind. I give up lol Dracula said it best.

jediskilz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 jediskilz173
Member since 2002 • 214 Posts

Time to make my case for video reviews:

- They take quite a bit more effort to make than regular text reviews. It takes me around an average of 15 hours to completely produce a quality video review, sometimes longer than it takes to fully complete the game that is being reviewed!

- You have to be skilled in more areas than just writing. Not only do you have to write the review script and rate the game, you also have to put together audio/visual elements to complement your narration. Not to mention being comfortable speaking to a camera lense for an hour or so. :P

- It's much easier to get feedback for your work through the user comments on the video's page.

- Also easier to see exactly how many people have seen your review with the times viewed counter.

So here are some of my picks for video reviewers who I give the seal of approval for this emblem:

Kenshin836 - He produced a review show called MUGS (Mega Ultimate Gaming Show) for the GameSpot community a while back, and his own reviews that he made were very well put together.

Darrogamer06 - Makes video reviews at my level, 'nuff said.

Slunks - Very good at ad-libbing his commentary, but he already has the 500 emblem.

mjcarrington - Also very good at voicing his opinion in a well thought-out manner.

Now onto my work, you can take the video comments as my recommendations :P:

Super Paper Mario

Jetpac Refuelled

Enchanted Arms

Alien Hominid HD

Grim Fandango (Featured video)

Elebits

Call of Duty 3 (Featured video with 16k+ views!)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Featured video)

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

KevMan753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 KevMan753
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
Irecommend NinjaBlade753.
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#112 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I'd like to recommend Smerlus, he writes great reviews.
AJMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AJMarra
Member since 2006 • 819 Posts

I'd like to recommend DouglasBuffone. He recently wrote one of the largest and most informative reviews I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Tenchu Z Review

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#114 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

I was going to reccomend a few people that i had recently seen, such as meischris or some of the CCU officers,but they all have already been recognized, so I suppose after reading the updated first post I will backtrack and put my own name in the hat, especially since i havent written a recent review for a recent game so its unlikely someone else hase seen alot of them unless our tastes are mirrored exactly. I generally chose to review the games that made the biggest impression on me, so here are the onesI feel make the best case:

Alundra

Chrono Cross

Dragon Force

Guardian Heroes

Elemental Gearbolt

Again, it wasnt my original intention to put my own name in the hat first but the few other people I had in mind were already picked andI couldnt help but notice that most of the reviewsI had writtten have been long buried and could use a breath of fresh exposure to see if they passed muster, so enjoy :)

-Also if any users are interested of course feel free to read them as well, maybe others will concur ;)

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts

I might as well put my best review up here: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

As for other people, Amnesiac23 for someone who can somehow write that many reviews in a day and have them all be good ones, thats pretty good.

Emblem Suggestions:

-This way is fine if you want to do it like this, but what I would suggest is have a review feature like the Soapbox, where if a review is over a certain character length (very high, but not to high), then it should be submitted to GS Staff or certain mods to look at and then have the reviews featured, maybe have an emblem for that or do that instead of this, either way I hope you take that into consideration.

Also a question: Is it just going to be 500 people at a time that have this? And once some new person gets added after that you have to take someone off? Or what is your plan, please if you can add the answer in the first post.

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#116 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts

I would like to recommend Platyphyllum, his reviews are some of the best I have ever seen, I would say he deserves the top 100 emblem for sure!

stripeknight
Ah, why thank you so much for recommending me stripeknight! ^_^ Actually, I want to recommend myself too for making this Pokemon Pearl review
yariang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#117 yariang
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts
I'd like to recommend my self. My reviews are not long but a lot of times people prefer a shorter, detailed, straight to the point sort of review. So please go check them out.
gugi_nayar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#118 gugi_nayar
Member since 2005 • 11688 Posts

man it's been a while :P

well i'd like to put in my name and present the following reviews for your perusal (oh the agony of judgement :P )

The Battle for Middle-earth

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Age of Mythology

Prey

Grand Theft Auto

The Bttle for Middle-earth II: The Rise of the Witch-King

And there'r more in the pipeline ;)

Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#119 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts

I would like to recommend my own review, if I can...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/finalfantasy12/player_review.html?id=419025

I'm very proud of this review. 8)

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#120 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
everyone in the GS community will post and say there review was the best. I had this emblem at one time until they got rid of it. I always look at users reviews since a lot of times I don't agree with GS reviews. I got over 200 so check some of mines out.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#121 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts

I put effort in my reviews. I try to make them as in-depth and detailed as possible talking about how I personally felt about a game. This will motivate me to write some more. So, being me, I recommend myself. Here's one of my reviews.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/player_review.html?id=339196

OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#122 OblivionGuy07
Member since 2006 • 7546 Posts
I have written about 80 but only the more recent ones are good player reviews... here is some of my better work...
Pokemon Diamond
Final Fantasy III
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Sonic the Hedgehog
These are good and there are maybe 10 others worth viewing...
Avatar image for HyperMetaDragon
HyperMetaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#123 HyperMetaDragon
Member since 2006 • 5345 Posts
You guys should consider being a little less greedy and recommend other people. This thread was created for recommendations for other users that create great reviews. If you're just going to post yourself, simply for the emblem, at least try to include someone else in your post.
Avatar image for deactivated-61a196f38f0e1
deactivated-61a196f38f0e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#124 deactivated-61a196f38f0e1
Member since 2005 • 4632 Posts

I have submited 41 reviews, many of which have been recomended by over 5 users.

Does that qualify me?

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#125 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Would this Review be emblem material:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/sonicrevolution/player_review.html?id=444929

KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#126 KEITH1437
Member since 2006 • 2735 Posts

well, I'm goint to nominate myself, the review I just wrot took over two hours to write!!!! And it is 1 o'clock here so I stayed up late to write it. http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemondiamond/player_review.html?id=466638&tag=readerreviews;continue;1

Tha is the link to my review of pokemon diamond and pearl

Orave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Orave
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
i recommend sprigain i read a few of his reviews and i thought they were pretty good i even bought a game from reading one of them, i also recommend masterchef
AJMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 AJMarra
Member since 2006 • 819 Posts

well, I'm goint to nominate myself, the review I just wrot took over two hours to write!!!! And it is 1 o'clock here so I stayed up late to write it. http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemondiamond/player_review.html?id=466638&tag=readerreviews;continue;1

Tha is the link to my review of pokemon diamond and pearl

KEITH1437

It took you two hours to write that? It took me 20 minutes to write this.

Anyway, I've just got into the habit of writing reviews, with detailing the different gameplay mechanics and also using "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" system to my advantage. So now that I am, I may as well nominate myself, but I'm really pulling for Buffone. His review was massive!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#129 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

here's some of mine

Forza Motorsport 2 8.9

Soul Calibur II 8.6

GRAW 2 8.9

Gears of War 9.6

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess9.3

Splinter Cell: Double Agent 9.0

Dead Rising 8.8

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#130 AndyWilliams24
Member since 2005 • 7291 Posts

Here is my Marvel Ultimate Alliance review. :)

Oh and here's my Crackdown review. :)

deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#131 deepdreamer256
Member since 2005 • 7140 Posts
This is my most recent review, I spent quite a long time on it, you can also view some of my other reviews here. As for reccomending other people, I'm not sure if they've already recommended themselves, but OddballTECH and this guy stand out in my mind.
PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#132 PAJ89
Member since 2003 • 2020 Posts

I might as well put my best review up here: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

As for other people, Amnesiac23 for someone who can somehow write that many reviews in a day and have them all be good ones, thats pretty good.

Emblem Suggestions:

-This way is fine if you want to do it like this, but what I would suggest is have a review feature like the Soapbox, where if a review is over a certain character length (very high, but not to high), then it should be submitted to GS Staff or certain mods to look at and then have the reviews featured, maybe have an emblem for that or do that instead of this, either way I hope you take that into consideration.

Also a question: Is it just going to be 500 people at a time that have this? And once some new person gets added after that you have to take someone off? Or what is your plan, please if you can add the answer in the first post.

Phantom5800

I see what you're saying, but there are some quality reviews that aren't so lengthy. Smaller games, like those from Xbox Live Arcade (or simply games that are quite small in general), usually have shorter reviews. This doesn't mean they are any less worthy of being spotlighted than a review that is thousands of word long. Having a character length system would shun many good reviews that are short, both low and high quality ones. It may even encourage people to ramble just to meet a character limit, which would probably lower the quality of the review. I know it's a lot of work, but I hope the GameSpot team continue to look through the user reviews and hand pick them (and of course check the recommendations here).

meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#133 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts

I was going to reccomend a few people that i had recently seen, such as meischris or some of the CCU officers,but they all have already been recognized, soI suppose after reading the updated first postI will backtrack and put my own name in the hat, especially since i havent written a recent review for a recent game so its unlikely someone else hase seen alot of them unless our tastes are mirrored exactly. I generally chose to review the games that made the biggest impression on me, so here are the onesI feel make the best case:

Alundra

Chrono Cross

Dragon Force

Guardian Heroes

Elemental Gearbolt

Again, it wasnt my original intention to put my own name in the hat first but the few other peopleI had in mind were already picked andI couldnt help but notice that most of the reviewsI had writtten have been long buried and could use a breath of fresh exposure to see if they passed muster, so enjoy :)

Dirk13

Yes Dirk is deserving of one of these emblems. His reviews are factual and just plain fun to read, and based on what i've read and the little fact you reccomended me :D i reccomend this man here.

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#134 Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts

Hey, I'm here to recommend myself for one of these emblems. I've written over 70 reviews (most of which are pure gold since I sucked when I first started), and have previously obtained the top 100 reviewers emblem, so I think I'm in a good standing.

P.S. I've been pretty inactive in this website's community for a long time, so I'm afraid I don't have anyone else to recommend.

meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#135 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts

Hey, I'm here to recommend myself for one of these emblems. I've written over 70 reviews (most of which are pure gold since I sucked when I first started), and have previously obtained the top 100 reviewers emblem, so I think I'm in a good standing.

P.S. I've been pretty inactive in this website's community for a long time, so I'm afraid I don't have anyone else to recommend.

Yazu13

If you are inactive in this website then surely there is someone more deserving, who will write more reviews in the future perhaps?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#136 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I reccomend myself. I do have some great reviews.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tenchuwrathofheaven/player_review.html?id=355061

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/guitarhero2/player_review.html?id=385899

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/burnout3/player_review.html?id=412242

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#137 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
[QUOTE="Phantom5800"]

Emblem Suggestions:

PAJ89

I see what you're saying, but there are some quality reviews that aren't so lengthy. Smaller games, like those from Xbox Live Arcade (or simply games that are quite small in general), usually have shorter reviews. This doesn't mean they are any less worthy of being spotlighted than a review that is thousands of word long. Having a character length system would shun many good reviews that are short, both low and high quality ones. It may even encourage people to ramble just to meet a character limit, which would probably lower the quality of the review. I know it's a lot of work, but I hope the GameSpot team continue to look through the user reviews and hand pick them (and of course check the recommendations here).

I was talking about something completely different than this one but along the same lines of showing off some well written reviews, and they would not give out the character requirements for it, and of course reviews for older games are going to be shorter, but short reviews hardly ever explain anything about the game, they usually hit one point really well and don't cover anything else or hit all the points but don't cover them at all. For example I've literally seen reviews with sentences like this just to meet the 100 limit that is set: "The graphics are good" "It is fun" "I recommend this game" and they don't give explanations.
PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#138 PAJ89
Member since 2003 • 2020 Posts
No offense, but I didn't really understand from your last post what you were trying to say about the character requirements/emblem criteria, but I see too many reviews like you described ("This game is great", "This game is bad", etc).
FernandoDANTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#139 FernandoDANTE
Member since 2004 • 1616 Posts

I'll recommend two excellent reviewers: fishdalf and jekyll.

And I'd like to recommend myself as well.

LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#140 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts
I recommend myself and Lil_Tupac1913.:) YAy!!!!
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#141 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Unfortunately, I dont have anyone to recommend. There are lots of people who have already been recommended by other people on this thread.

please come look over at my profile and seethe reviews Ive done. I try to write good quality reviews about some of the games I play.

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#142 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

Well...I'd like the recommend myself >_>

My lastest review - http://au.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemondiamond/player_review.html?id=466348 (Pokemon Diamond)

My most popular review (probably my best too) - http://au.gamespot.com/psp/action/tekken/player_review.html?id=342775 (Tekken: Dark Resurrection).

andybling12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143 andybling12
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
Well yea i need tleast 1 emblem
captainalpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#144 captainalpha1
Member since 2004 • 765 Posts

I'd like to reccomend myself. I've written 10 reviews over the past several months, and if you look at them from beginning to end, you'll see that they started of with like 1 paragraph, and gradually get bigger, more in depth, and give a better picture of the game. I'd actually like to thank Gamespot, I used to hate writing, but I found reviews and I enjoy it alot now. Thank for reading.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/captainalpha1/contributions

mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 mjwickstrom1
Member since 2005 • 20454 Posts

I believe my good friend LTomlinson21 deserves this emblem. He works very hard on all of his reviews, putting great detail into every single one! Please take his name into consideration for the emblem as it should be! Thanks!

Edit: I guess I'll recommend myself too. I also take great pride when writing up new reviews. They all have a pretty good recommendation record, aside for a few that my friends from school gave "Bad Rep" on just to mess around. I thinkI deservethis emblem, but I won't whine if I don't recieve it!

Polymathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#146 Polymathic
Member since 2004 • 92 Posts

Thanks for recommending me, folks! :D I dig the emblem.

IonescoF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#147 IonescoF
Member since 2007 • 3052 Posts

I would want to recommend honestgamer's reviews, after all, he didn't wonReviewSpotting 2 times for nothing.Also, even though it sounds a bit awkward since nearly everybody does the same thing, I would like to recommend my own reviews, particularly these two:

NFS: Carbon - my most popular review with 11 users recommending it.

Gunpey - my most recent review. Posted under a previous account, it got "First Runner-Up" distinction on ReviewSpotting.

gigabz666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 gigabz666
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts
I'd like to recommend jediskilz173 because of his excellent video reviews that he has been producing.
jimb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 jimb0
Member since 2003 • 411 Posts

I also have to recommend my friend, jediskillz. He contributes some of the best produced video reviews this wonderful community has to offer. You can definitely tell he puts a lot of effort into his content and further legitimizes the video aspect of reviewing games.

I'm not sure if video reviewers are in the running for this whole deal, but I think jediskillz deserves the consideration.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#150 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

I also have to recommend my friend, jediskillz. He contributes some of the best produced video reviews this wonderful community has to offer. You can definitely tell he puts a lot of effort into his content and further legitimizes the video aspect of reviewing games.

I'm not sure if video reviewers are in the running for this whole deal, but I think jediskillz deserves the consideration.

jimb0

I would also like to recommend him. As you say, his video reviews are great. I am sure everybody has seen one at some point and the sheer volume of work he puts into each and every video review he does is outstanding. I just hope that video reviews are considered reviews in the context of one of these emblems because he deserves something for his efforts. :)