Petition: Bring back the "old" GameSpot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

- Because I don't want to always switch between two websites for when I want info about an game and then comment or ask something about it on a forum.
- Because the new forums are dead when it's not an over the top hyped game
- Because I don't want to click "50 more" 20 times since yesterday just to backtrack to my comment and being able to answer to response
- Because the system was near perfect as it was
- Because GameSpot is not Facebook

If you know some more reasons, write them down.

Signed,
Justforvisit

lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts

A noble goal, but I doubt we will ever get that. The site just keeps losing features we like and adding new ones we dont want and that don't even work.

Signed lazyhoboguy, just in case gamespot finally starts listening to its users and fixes the huge problems it has.

Avatar image for deactivated-6085a0bd46474
deactivated-6085a0bd46474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 deactivated-6085a0bd46474
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

What is that Facebook look and why is it there?

No I don't need acknoledgement to know the value of my comments but... Well yes I do! I like to see the thumbs up and thumbs down when I write something. And thumbs up and down other people. Now I see absolutely no reason for me to comment on any article at all. So I don't. As does probably 80% of the community. So what is it Gamespot gets 5 cents every time someone makes a post because it's linked to facebook? Big woopidoo.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I really don't mind the thumbs down being taken out. Some people would just thumb others down for absolutely no reason.

ziegd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 ziegd
Member since 2004 • 5220 Posts

You miss the point. Thumbs up or down...who cares? The main issue is the fact that I now have to jump thru hoops to access an active game board. And for what? Some whiners complained about getting moderated too much? I used to get violations...usually when I was swearing or insulting some one. So I quit doing that, and guess what? I haven't had a moderation in 2 years! But now, I have to make a choice between GS-only boards that are totally dead, or double-pump my log-in info to actually be able to communicate with other gamers on GF.

Bad move on GS's part....they lost me as a member (after 8 years of paying out real dollars). Be interesting to see where the site is in another year.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

as long as Fuse is taken down

azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts

What is that Facebook look and why is it there?

No I don't need acknoledgement to know the value of my comments but... Well yes I do! I like to see the thumbs up and thumbs down when I write something. And thumbs up and down other people. Now I see absolutely no reason for me to comment on any article at all. So I don't. As does probably 80% of the community. So what is it Gamespot gets 5 cents every time someone makes a post because it's linked to facebook? Big woopidoo.

Keaze_
*Like* ;)
azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts

sexyweapons
To this day I still don't know what Fuse is or does or why it feels the need to stick it's @** in my GS. It's so annoying and inconsistent. I click to go to my GS account and sometimes I get there fine, and sometimes I'm taken to Fuse. I don't want to go to Fuse, not do I like it.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

azshorty2003

To this day I still don't know what Fuse is or does or why it feels the need to stick it's @** in my GS. It's so annoying and inconsistent. I click to go to my GS account and sometimes I get there fine, and sometimes I'm taken to Fuse. I don't want to go to Fuse, not do I like it.

Or when you're all of a sudden redirected to GameSpot Asia when you just wanted to look up a review :/

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#10 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

[QUOTE="azshorty2003"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

Justforvisit

Or when you're all of a sudden redirected to GameSpot Asia when you just wanted to look up a review :/

just go to us.gamespot.com
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

What I dont understand is what happened to the paid subscriptions. I used to pay, but then I stopped and noticed no difference. Subscribers got 0 benefits.

wickdawg01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 wickdawg01
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I came on to these forums specifically make a topic about how I do not like the new look they have going on. I really do miss the old version of this site. My biggest gripe is when I click on lets say "PC" at the top and it takes me to the PC section, it no longer shows the top 10 games list.

I always loved skimming that top 10 and checking the reviews and such. Now they have the reviews in a totally diff section which is just annoying as I have to click through like 5 diff pages to find what im looking for usually.

Anyways, yeah bring back the old gamespot!!!!

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="azshorty2003"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

Yeah, that happens to me constantly.
Avatar image for -Silent--Death-
-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Silent--Death-
Member since 2007 • 1365 Posts

Just tried to post a thread on one of the game boards and got the message that it's now read only and I'd have to log on over at Gamefaqs. I'm not using one of the dead GS forums nor am I logging on over there.

Fuse was the first nail. This is the last. And this is coming from someone who has been here since 2002 or 2003 when GS used to look like this. They sure know how to mess up what used to be the best gaming site.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

I prefer the old Gamespot *signed*

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#19 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
The new comment is pretty bad right now, but there will probably be improvements soon enough. I would like the ToU to be improved.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Just tried to post a thread on one of the game boards and got the message that it's now read only and I'd have to log on over at Gamefaqs. I'm not using one of the dead GS forums nor am I logging on over there.

-Silent--Death-

Our platform forums aren't dead, and you can easily open up a game thread on one of them and receive responses.

I use my platform's forum all the time, and it stays active.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"]

topsemag55

Our platform forums aren't dead, and you can easily open up a game thread on one of them and receive responses.

No, this is an awful suggestion, when new games get released, going to the game specific forums to discuss said game was the best way to get answers, or to simply just talk about the game...now, when a new game is released, max payne 3 for example, how many threads about it do you see on platform specific forums? i've seen 2 maybe 3 on the ps3 forum, and one of them got locked...and it was a legitimate thread...why did it get locked? probably because it was one of too many (3) max payne 3 threads...

I've been spending more time on gaf for general gaming discussions and on ps3trophies.org for gaming specific discussions because gamespot just sucks now, which is dissapointing...this was the go to site for many years andIt was the game specific forums that made GS great and better than others...and if you think that going to gamefaq isn't a problem, then perhaps you don't go to gamefaq, because it's dead compared to the amount of activity game specific forums used to get when you could post from gamespot as well.

Avatar image for -Silent--Death-
-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Silent--Death-
Member since 2007 • 1365 Posts

[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"]

topsemag55

Um no. Lets use Trails Evolution as our first example. The shared boards forum has a full page of threads, all with plenty of replies. The GS Trials Evo thread has 7 threads with no replies in any of them. 2nd example, Splinter Cell Blacklist. Shared boards have 2 pages of threads, GS forum has 6 threads with minimal replies. Final example, Skyrim. 360 shared boards have 16 pages of threads. GS forum has 2 pages, again with each thread having only 2 or 3 replies. How can you say the GS forums are not dead? This is by far the biggest mistake GS has ever made, and they've made a few stupid choices over the years (Fuse for example)
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 uas-2001
Member since 2005 • 18781 Posts
The layout of this website needs a total overhaul. For gaming news I do not even come to this site anymore, not updated enough at all, only come here for my union and that's it tbh, oh and the occasional blog to moan about the current state of this site o.0
Nightowl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nightowl99
Member since 2011 • 220 Posts

I agree. The old Gamespot had a little dignity, but no longer. Now they even "allow" trolling on some of the boards. Wtf? Why in the blue hell would a site allow trolling on ANY of it's boards? They've pretty much lost me as a member.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I'll sign this petition. Too bad it won't happen.
JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts

Signed. And let us post on the game specific forums again. I hate having to go to Gamefaqs to post on one of my games. That site's pretty much dead anyway. Plus I just don't like the layout of that site. It's ugly.