Person Reviewed Halo 3 With a Component Score

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AJMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AJMarra
Member since 2006 • 819 Posts

How did this person give Halo 3 a 9.2?

Click here for the review. It doesn't show up in the review, but just look at the reviews and you'll see the 9.2. If you notice, it's completely throwing off the User's Say Average Score.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

The default score for a user review is one that has been previously assiged If someone gave a score to a game using the old-style .1 rating system and then writes a review, the default score will be that score.

Here, it seems this person must have assigned the score before GameSpot changed the user scoring slider. That could happen if at one point, Halo 3's release date was incorrect and the game was considered "released". This has happened to other games in the past such as God of War: Chains of Olympus and Mega Man ZX Advent.

AJMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AJMarra

Plus it isn't throwing off the average at all.SuperMooseman

Yes it is. If that score wasn't there, the average user score would be something based off of the .5 scale, like 8.5 or 9.0. Instead it's 8.8, which is only possible because of that 9.2 score.

Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Jeff
Member since 2002 • 4005 Posts

Yes it is. If that score wasn't there, the average user score would be something based off of the .5 scale, like 8.5 or 9.0. Instead it's 8.8, which is only possible because of that 9.2 score.

AJMarra

I recommend you start paying more attention in math class.

AJMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AJMarra
[QUOTE="AJMarra"]

Jeff

I recommend you start paying more attention in math class.

O_O

I just got pwnt by Jeff Gerstmann himself! Today is the greatest day of my life!