doctormabuse71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By doctormabuse71
Member since 2018 • 41 Posts

When I decide wether I want to read gaming news daily on gamespot or competing sites ... lately ONE thing has become a deciding factor:

- Your autoplay on video's.

... We are actually some humans left who can - and prefer - to Read. Perhaps... juuust perhaps you could let it be optional to Click on the button instead of force-feeding your numbnuttian' videos?

Ofcourse; for example competing free quality-sites like www.pcgamer hasnt videos so its an easier and more intelligent choice; there's that too.

When offering this view in the comments to your normal news/articles it appears many other readers share this view. Shame that you treat followers through many years w. this moronic player 'policy'.

/Dr. Mabuse, angry gamer since the C64

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34668 Posts

The autoplay is extremely annoying. But lots of users have complained about this for a long time, so GameSpot obviously doesn't give a shit. Sorry dude. Use other sites for news.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

The new Google chrome allows you to turn the audio off on this site and other sites that have this annoying feature.

BeefoTheBold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BeefoTheBold
Member since 2009 • 1504 Posts

@Litchie said:

The autoplay is extremely annoying. But lots of users have complained about this for a long time, so GameSpot obviously doesn't give a shit. Sorry dude. Use other sites for news.

I wish this was untrue but it's been true for years and Gamespot obviously doesn't give half a **** about the feedback because they never respond to these threads that I've seen.

At first they at least gave lip service of investigating finding an alternative option. It's almost refreshing that they aren't bothering to lie about doing that anymore. They find the autoplay videos to be more beneficial to the site than harmful obviously.

I don't agree with them, particularly for older viewers who might like to check the site while at work, but I've mostly given up on the idea that they'll ever do anything about it.

mjk900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By mjk900
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts
@todddow said:

The new Google chrome allows you to turn the audio off on this site and other sites that have this annoying feature.

I know this is comment is five months old but it helped me so much, I had to say thank you. How did I not know this was a thing?

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#7 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@BeefoTheBold, @mjk900@doctormabuse71 Fyi, there is now an Autoplay On/Off switch on videos within articles for signed-in users. Hope that helps!

mjk900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 mjk900
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts
@wemmick said:

@BeefoTheBold, @mjk900@doctormabuse71 Fyi, there is now an Autoplay On/Off switch on videos within articles for signed-in users. Hope that helps!

So we can just set it once and no future videos will autoplay? I guess it must be the case because what's the point if you have to set it each time but I'm just checking.

If so, it's a welcome feature so thank you. I can listen to the videos that interest me without having to un-mute the whole site through Chrome, which frankly I never did because I knew I'd forget and suddenly be blaring out videos at 4am because I forgot to mute you again.

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#9 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@mjk900: If you change devices, you'll need to set it again, but yes, on each device you should only need to set it once.