This topic is locked from further discussion.

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

i've posted a few times that notifications were busted. haven't seen anything else about it, and was wondering if i was the only one. because i didnt see any other topics about it, i thought i should mention it.

could be most don't know of it, so aren't missing it.

i recieved one notification, when someone @'ed or quoted me in the beta, and none since the scene changed. seems neat, i was enthusiastic about it and would like it to work.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

I don't know if this is related,but I remember that when you publish 2 blogs in one day,you should get the latest one showed up as well

right below that Kuro-chan image,the notification of the recent blog I wrote yesterday did not appear

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#3 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

The notifications in the top right do appear to have stopped working, at least partially - some notifications I never receive, sometimes I just can't view them (red bar pops up at the top basically just telling me something went wrong). That said, I've had 2 notifications get through since the site relaunch after the beta was over, so it has worked since the beta ended/relaunch at some point at least.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#4 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

@robbristow: I've noticed mine to not be working at all. They were at first, but no more

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I received two notifications from the same person about a new blog they posted. Since then...silence.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

I get them from time to time. then again, I don't know if its because I rarely get tagged, or if they are just not showing up.

wwlettsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7  Edited By wwlettsome
Member since 2003 • 1314 Posts

Are the notifications on followed games (and the entire followed games functionality) gone? I'm getting no notification and I don't see how followed games got filtered into the new site. Is the games wanted stack supposed to take it's place?

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts

I haven't got a notification since the new site launched. Not following much anyway, but still...

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

my interest in the feature applies more in being acknowledged in a conversation so that i may reply. are notifications meant to alert of the events of followed things?

i suppose that makes good sense. the feed as it stands only has the one page. you'd be bonked proper trying to keep up on a busy day.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Broken here too. When the site first switched over, I got a notification because someone quoted me in a topic but haven't gotten one since even though I have been quoted in other topics since.

Seemed like it would be really helpful to know when people responded to you.

Bl4ckSunr1se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bl4ckSunr1se
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

yeah! me too! I used to get a notification on each of the 17 games I'm currently following with the old website, but I haven't received a single one with the new website!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a397382d8ac4
deactivated-5a397382d8ac4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 deactivated-5a397382d8ac4
Member since 2003 • 219 Posts

My notifications don't work anymore after the new site. Even new games where I choose "Follow" don't give me any updates :(

Bl4ckSunr1se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bl4ckSunr1se

seems to me gamespot is not at all interested in our comments! it's been almost a month now and nothing's changed! :( thinking about moving to another blogsite

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 leon2365

my notifications are working perfectly now. maybe its a browser issue?

Bl4ckSunr1se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bl4ckSunr1se

@leon2365 said:

No, i don't think that's the reason. I'm using chrome. But there was for example a post about 'thief' on october 9 but nothing showed up in my notifications

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 leon2365

@Bl4ckSunr1se said:

@leon2365 said:

No, i don't think that's the reason. I'm using chrome. But there was for example a post about 'thief' on october 9 but nothing showed up in my notifications

well it is pretty widely known that notifications on games are not working. if that's all that you are looking into at the moment, then I would definitely see why it would seem like gamespot is not interested in our comments. as for notifications of people quoting and mentioning you, those seem to be fine.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@leon2365 said:

@Bl4ckSunr1se said:

@leon2365 said:

well it is pretty widely known that notifications on games are not working. if that's all that you are looking into at the moment, then I would definitely see why it would seem like gamespot is not interested in our comments. as for notifications of people quoting and mentioning you, those seem to be fine.

What he said. They don't work. We're about to make them work. Hang in there...

Avatar image for -Silent--Death-
-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By -Silent--Death-
Member since 2007 • 1365 Posts

Just let me receive updates on games I am following, is that really so much to ask?

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

I haven't received any user blog notifications since the layout change even though I have that turned on.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rick

@-Silent--Death- said:

Just let me receive updates on games I am following, is that really so much to ask?

Nope. It'll happen. Soon...

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rick

I think

@Shimonhead said:

@edgework:

Excellent news, Edge. I've been waiting for this to get fixed since the site went live. Best and most useful feature is always the last to get addressed. Par for course.

I think people who come here for user reviews would disagree with you... There are other things to be fixed after notifications too. For the most part its a netops issue really.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 leon2365

good to hear that it will be fixed soon.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rick

@Shimonhead said:

@edgework: I'm not really interested in whether people who come here for the user reviews would disagree with me any more than they are interested in people who come here for the followed game notifications disagreeing with them. The notifications are the most important thing to me and that's all I care to see fixed in a faster manner than they have been. They are free to prioritize in their own heads what is most important to them.

You GO Gurl !!!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rick

@Shimonhead said:

@edgework: Wow. Nice inventive comeback. At lest the notifications work for that.

:) settle down... it was a joke. your stuff is important, his stuff is important, her stuff is important. It all has to be prioritized.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rick

@Shimonhead said:

@edgework:

Alright, I apologize. Is there any timeframe predicted to when they will work again?

Probably a first pass will go live by Dec 1. That will just "make it work" Then we'll do a second pass to make it awesome. Same way we're doing User Reviews.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By leon2365

edge has good "crowd control" skills.

Zilberts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Zilberts
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts

Same here, haven't got a single notification about my games I'm currently following, though I've added some after the enw website launch as well. Don't think they can't notice this though, so this'll probably be tended to in the near future or reversed back to how it was before by Gamespot, haven't seen them be completely negligible about problems in the past anyway, so it should be all good.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By leon2365

yes. all we can really do is be patient. especially since gamespot will be trying to cover every square inch on the new consoles launching.