Not getting any notifications.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for francisismyhero
francisismyhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#1 francisismyhero
Member since 2010 • 54 Posts

1. Go to Call Of Duty:Ghosts page.
2. Follow Call of Duty:Ghosts.
3. Add Call of Duty:Ghosts to a Stack.
4. Wait for a couple Call of Duty:Ghosts updates

ACTUAL RESULT: No notifications in my upper right dropdown for notification

EXPECTED RESULT: Some notification about the Call of Duty : Ghosts update shown in the dropdown.

*Note: Am I only the one seeing updates for any of their games show up?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Thank you for taking the time to report this, this is in fact a bug and I will be adding it to this weeks report.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@francisismyhero said:

1. Go to Call Of Duty:Ghosts page.

2. Follow Call of Duty:Ghosts.

3. Add Call of Duty:Ghosts to a Stack.

4. Wait for a couple Call of Duty:Ghosts updates

ACTUAL RESULT: No notifications in my upper right dropdown for notification

EXPECTED RESULT: Some notification about the Call of Duty : Ghosts update shown in the dropdown.

*Note: Am I only the one seeing updates for any of their games show up?

@DigitalDame said:

Thank you for taking the time to report this, this is in fact a bug and I will be adding it to this weeks report.

It may be that the notification is taking some time to come through - e.g. I have notification of being mentioned in a comment that appeared in my Notifications listing on the 22nd Oct, but the comment itself was made on the 16th Oct.

@francisismyhero - Did you look at just the drop-down? And did you try checking the "See all" at the bottom of that?

clint8565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 clint8565
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
@DigitalDame said:

I've seen multiple threads over the past month about tracked games not giving notifications and update emails not being sent, so I just wanted to check if there has been any progress?

The emails and drop down (now notifications) for tracked games were the best features of the site imho and now having to click the empty notifications drop down, click following, click game title, try to remember the last news you read for that game, read the new news, rinse and repeat for every tracked game is very time consuming. I assume most people, like myself, do not have enough time to go through all of their tracked games and as a result miss out on the very reason they originally came to the site.

Note: This is not meant to be read in a harsh manner, I actually like the new site, the tracked games notifications and emails are sorely missed and any updates would be much appreciated, thanks. :)

shyun111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shyun111
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

@clint8565 said:
@DigitalDame said:

I've seen multiple threads over the past month about tracked games not giving notifications and update emails not being sent, so I just wanted to check if there has been any progress?

The emails and drop down (now notifications) for tracked games were the best features of the site imho and now having to click the empty notifications drop down, click following, click game title, try to remember the last news you read for that game, read the new news, rinse and repeat for every tracked game is very time consuming. I assume most people, like myself, do not have enough time to go through all of their tracked games and as a result miss out on the very reason they originally came to the site.

Note: This is not meant to be read in a harsh manner, I actually like the new site, the tracked games notifications and emails are sorely missed and any updates would be much appreciated, thanks. :)

+1

It's been like a month, I think they even acknowledged the issue a few weeks ago but still it doesn't work. What's the point even of following games now??

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

game notifications are indeed not working atm. at least mention/quote notifications are now working.

Avatar image for deactivated-62e5afbb5bb41
deactivated-62e5afbb5bb41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-62e5afbb5bb41
Member since 2003 • 150 Posts

Since this was one of the most important features for me (news notifications about games I follow), I'm looking to have an update or fix for this as soon as possible (among other site critical features that have glitches).

mdboomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mdboomer
Member since 2004 • 672 Posts

Still no notifications. The site is kinda useless without this feature.

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#10 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

I stopped getting game updates from my tracked games for ages, hence I slowly don't come to this site anymore, another reason is cause I miss fuse.