No UK Best of 2007 voting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

U1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 U1
Member since 2002 • 782 Posts
In December and now in January when I go to the best of 2007 Reader's Vote, there is nothing to do, there's only a bit of text. I notice that lots of US Gamespot users now have a Best of 2007 badge meaning that it must have been in place in the USA, was it never open to UK users?
Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
The UK has always had it, you had to go back and vote in all the categories once the Readers Choice had been announced.
U1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 U1
Member since 2002 • 782 Posts
Oh that bit? I voted in that bit and have no emblem :(
Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts

Did you vote before or after the Readers Choice was opened?

EDIT: You can always take this to "The Lastest Emblem Reporting Thread **Read first post before asking questions**"

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#5 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I'm from the UK and I voted at the same time as everyone else. I remember reading something about a separate UK vote but I have no idea what that was all about.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

Yeah, there's supposed to be one for the UK and one for Australia.

From the Best of 2007 page:

GameSpot's awards contain traditional categories for game platforms and game genres, as well as "special achievement awards" for games that were exceptional in very unique and positive ways. There are also categories for games that were distinctive for more-dubious reasons. The awards were decided by the editors of GameSpot all across the globe, in the US office as well as the UK and Australian offices, in a series of deliberation meetings. GameSpot's award feature considers all games released in North America from December 20, 2006 to December 10, 2007.

Please note: Separate Readers' Choice award features for the UK and Australian territories will appear in January. While we invite our readers from those territories to participate in the voting in this feature, please be advised that separate voting specifically for those territories will also be made available at a later date.