deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

GS should probably pare back the number of forums. The website doesn't have enough regular users to keep all of them active.

To start with, there is no real point to any of the Platforms forums anymore. Many of them sit dead for weeks at a time.

Sports bar, Streamers, Political, Polls, Giveaways and Ask the Mods are likewise pointless. Idk, maybe keep Political since I don't want to read through pages of that in Off-Topic.

If everything was condensed down to Games, Off-Topic, Feedback, and maaaaybe Retro Gaming, it would make all of the forums more active. Of course the only place most people go to is System Wars, so keep that I guess.

Probably not going to happen. But seriously, why keep around so many forums?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I was going to make a thread about this once/if staff returned. There haven't been posts from them in about 2 months in this section.

My suggestions:

- Mobile Connection should be removed. Any "game" related apps or hardware should be in Games Discussion, and other mobile talk (like "which apps do you use the most in a day?") in Off-Topic Discussion.

- Sports Bar should be removed, and all sports threads kept in Off-Topic Discussion.

- YouTubers/Streamers United should be removed. They're mostly spam posts trying to promote their shitty channels and then they never post again.

- GameSpot Polls should be removed.

- A lot of the stickies in the main boards could be unstickied to clean the place up a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@SOedipus: Agreed.

Idk, I have been wondering a little bit if the site is going to undergo some redesign again, or close completely. It would be nice to get some response from the staff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I am thinking they are going to shutdown forums all together and keep on doing their clickbaity articles.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Agreed. We need like....five forums.

• OT
  • General Gaming
  • System Wars
  • Political
  • and I don't know maybe a Feedback/Ask the Mods/FAQ general forum.

Anything needing to be specialized can be stickied. So like when a new console is coming out make a sticky for that so there are not ten posts about the same thing.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@SOedipus: Agreed.

Idk, I have been wondering a little bit if the site is going to undergo some redesign again, or close completely. It would be nice to get some response from the staff.

@Gamerno6666 said:

I am thinking they are going to shutdown forums all together and keep on doing their clickbaity articles.

That's the impression that I've been getting from this place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@SOedipus: That's disappointing, but maybe that's just how things are going now.

I think either way, the days when GS acknowledged its user base is gone. It seems like articles are disconnected from the users anymore. It's kind of sad. At least it felt more like we could converse with staff years ago.

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

Apologies for the delay, I haven't gotten a chance to look into bug reporting since the holidays. Thank you for your suggestions and extremely valid! I'll be taking a look at the forums and paring them back in the coming weeks. Thank You!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@angerawr: Thanks for hearing me out and responding, angerawr.

I am not sure what the general consensus is here on the GS boards, but I think the forums will benefit from it, personally.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@SOedipus: @angerawr: Just my opinion, please keep YouTubers/Streamers Unite cause that forum is very helpful and it's a safe heaven for spam advertisers to promote their channel which I'm totally fine users just stay over their and not anywhere else. Keep Ask the Mods I guess, not hurting anything but we do get users who might have a question. Political Gamer is a touchy subject, on one hand, we have OT/Off-Topic for such political discussion since OT is everything but no gaming talk. It would make OT more active if we ditch Political Gamer but I suggest letting Political Gamer users vote on that choice alone.

Sports Bar needs to go! That place is dead and anyone wants to talk about Sports can come over to OT for that. Retro Gamer, it's not really active and Games Discussion is all we need for every gaming talk, including retro talks.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#11 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yeah, I agree.