Needs More System Forums...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Ovirew (8214 posts) -

Since I'm already posting threads here this morning, I feel like also stating my disliking of the current forum list.

I get that GS wants to keep things minimalist and tidy-looking. Really, I get it.

However, it doesn't make much sense to me that you have grouped several systems together, and there is no real place to talk about other game systems yet.

For example, you have a 'Nintendo forum'. I am interested in getting a Nintendo 3DS now, and I might like to talk about it with other people. Problem is, people will also go there to talk about the Nintendo Wii-U. Personally, I think the two systems have little to do with each other and should have their own separate forums.

Same goes for Playstation consoles and the Vita.

Same kinda goes for PS3 and PS4, and XBox 360 and XBox One. You guys have to realize that a lot of gamers aren't even thinking about next-gen yet, and probably would like their own place to discuss current-gen games for a while. I know that one day you'll have to combine them, or get rid of the old ones entirely, but don't ya'll think it's really too soon?

And while we're on the subject, I think systems like Ouya, Steam Box and the Oculus Rift - to name a couple - deserve their own forums. I realize that those forums might not generate as much traffic as the others, but people need a place to talk about that stuff. And this being a gaming community, I figure Gamespot would want to give gamers a place to do that.

Just my ten cents. What do ya'll think? Personally I think we could use more forums.