stevenpeck5617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stevenpeck5617
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

Not sure if there is anyone out there who still plays this game, but there might be considering that the non-Gold version Industry Giant 2 is available for download on Steam. But here goes.

Way back in the days when PC games were sold in the stores as CD-ROMs, I bought Industry Giant 2 Gold. I played it on and off through the years but never got too far with it. Recently I've started playing the game again (I've kept an old Windows 98 tower around just so I can play crotchety old games like this that refuse to work on the latest OS's). I've noticed that when I play the Easy Campaign mission called "Florida" that at some point without warning I'm losing millions of dollars in a matter of seconds. This is quite obviously a bug and not a consequence of the normal business/construction costs built into the game. Near as I can tell, the massive money drain is related to the transportation system because I notice that every time a truck or train reaches a station I see a big drop in my company funds. But I could be wrong. So to summarize the anatomy of this problem:

This game is the original CD-ROM Gold version for PC, not the Steam download.

I am running it on an ancient 32 bit Compaq tower with a Windows 98 OS and no online connection.

So far I have only seen this glitch on the "Florida" mission. I have not played other campaigns or game modes to confirm that the glitch occurs elsewhere in the game.

I often speed up the game once I have all my factories, stores, and transportation network in place and don't want to wait forever for the profits to roll in. Messing with the game speed MIGHT trigger the problem, but I'm not sure.

So in short, does anyone know why this glitch happens and if there is any way to fix it. So far, the only way I've been able to progress past the "Florida" mission is to use a trick I learned about where you rename a train station "Donald" over and over again in order to get an instant $1 million each time you do it. But that of course isn't fun at all.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10360 Posts

@stevenpeck5617: hi steven, notice how every other thread on this board is about specific bugs and feedback related to the gamespot website? that's because this is a board for specific bugs and feedback related to the gamespot website. was that not clear?

try the pc forum instead