Main page problems: In the Mix and Facebook button problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

visi0nz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 visi0nz
Member since 2002 • 143 Posts
Last night after updating my Java I noticed that the "In the Mix" part of the main page wasn't displaying at all. The down button inbetween my name and my avatar wasn't working at all. After reinstalling my browser it started to work again. However today when I went to log in the problem came back. After resetting my browser's settings for the 3rd time I got it to work again. I notice now the facebook buttons don't work so I tried compatibility view but when I enable it the "In the Mix" part disappears and the facebook buttons appear again. Is there an on going issue with the main page? These problems showed up out of nowhere, the problem is I can't get them to occur on other computers so I'm not sure if it's just me.
visi0nz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 visi0nz
Member since 2002 • 143 Posts

Sorry about the extra post but now it's not letting me type in the edit box when I go to edit the post . Now the other two computers I tested last night aren't working. They won't display the In the Mix part either now. Two of the computers including this one are using IE9 the other is IE8. Other odd things are happening as I'm typing this, if I stop typing for a bit it won't let me type anymore. I go to press the preview button and it changes the type and size of text. Is this all cause of the java update?

*Edit* The compatibility button seems to fix the edit problem. Is it IE9 in general?

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

Oh good, it isn't just me then. ;) I've had lots of strange things happening in IE8 today. Quick Reply/Quick Quote both don't work when clicked (the buttons do appear though, which is different from the usual javascript bugs that GS gets now and then). The error I get is this

Line: 1 Char: 418 Code: 0 URI: http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/www/js/forums/forum_msgs.min.js?1292276127

If I run the IE8 debugger, it does throw up a similar error for the gumballs (the in the mix section).

I was almost convinced it was just my laptop causing it though.

JesusFreak1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JesusFreak1990
Member since 2007 • 1298 Posts

I am having issues as well, the arrow thing that drops down options, like logging out, inbox, etc. is not working. It did actually work once, but when I navigated away from the page I was onit stopped again.

Plus, for me I don't even see the quick reply/quote buttons at all, just this message in place:

Please wait. Quick reply will be available shortly.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts
My JS problems all seem to have cleared up this morning.