I've been at 1% for level 50 for the past 3 days.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZanarkandTidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 318

User Lists: 1

#1 ZanarkandTidus
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts

Hi.I've logged onto Gamespot for the last 3 days but my percentage has stayed at 1% on level 50 for the last 3 days.Is this a glitch?

MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

Been waiting for somebody to post a topic like this. I've noticed on a couple of occasions (including the last update), following a fairly active day at a level which is thought to have a 3% cap, I had gained nothing towards my level. Of course, it is not totally known how the leveling system operates, and it has been inconsistent in the past. At this point, it's certainly not enough to complain about, but if others are experiencing the same problem, then that could become an issue.

Hi.I've logged onto Gamespot for the last 3 days but my percentage has stayed at 1% on level 50 for the last 3 days.Is this a glitch?

ZanarkandTidus

According to the 2010 leveling guide, you should be gaining at twice the rate of your previous level at this point. Just logging into GameSpot alone doesn't contribute much to your level since it's your overall site activity that contributes to it, but at that percentile I would have expected it to have moved by now, the same way I would have expected a bit of movement from my fairly active days.

It's hard to determine if there is a problem with just a couple of people reporting it, so I suppose we need to wait and see if anybody notices this as well. In the meantime, I'll keep a close eye on my own percentile and see if I have a repeat occurance. I'll keep a report of it on this post, and edit it each day after the update.

June 18th - Level 37, 58%
June 19th -Level 37, 59%
June 20th - Level 37, 61%
June 21st - Level 37, 62%
June 22nd - Level 37, 65%
June 23rd - Level 37, 68%
June 24th - Level 37, 71%
June 25th - Level 37, 75%
June 26th - Level 37, 77%
June 27th - Level 37, 80%

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
As of this morning: ZanarkandTidus Level 50 7% MudkipMaster30 Level 37 59% I check my level progress fairly regularly, and I haven't seen an interruption in the last several days. I think the leveler is ok for now. Some things to remember: clear your browser cache. The only place you can check your level accurately is your profile index. If you always get there the same way in your browser (bookmark, etc.), your browser can hang on to the same page (and thus the same level and percent information) almost indefinitely, depending on the configuration of your browser.

MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

I've been keeping track of my level in my first post for the last several days, and it has updated every day. I'm going to assume that if there was an issue with it not updating in the first place, it's likely not going to be seen again. :)

ZEYAAM898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 ZEYAAM898
Member since 2009 • 1921 Posts
My level barely increases 6-7% i spend 3+hours here upload images, tag, watch videos, post in forums, start a thread, comment on ppls blog. But i was stalled on lv 15 for quite some time, now im lv.16 and my level updates only once in 2 days?!? Whats wrong guys? I think my level should be increasing with smooth speed and it should be updated every 24 hours.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
I've noticed that this issue is affecting different people every time it happens. What I've noticed is that your level stays frozen for 3 -5 days, then starts working as if nothing happened. But the level points you gained during those days are useless since your level was frozen. I've lost 2.5% that was supposed to be added to my level because of this.
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
I have not seen any site-wide disruptions in the leveler's behavior in the last two months, and for more than a year there have not been any disruptions that went on for multiple days before they were addressed. I am still inclined to conclude the leveler is fine. There are a few things worth remembering about leveling, but the main one is this: no one can claim to know what the leveler really cares about or how much of an increase anyone should really get - except for staff familiar with the mechanism, everyone is just guessing. Monitoring levels is fine, but I recommend against obsessing over it. Unless someone is willing and able to keep extremely detailed technical records of all of their activity on the site for an extended period of time there is little to be learned.