Important Update: Commenting System Revamp(Place for Feedback)

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Eric_Drav3n"]

The old comment system was one of the best things about this site, dunno why you felt the need to change it.

I hate everything about the new one, please please change back it's not even fun to read and post comments anymore.

irishdude199210

I dunno, I generally hate change but this one actually doesn't bother me. I guess probably because I never used the comments that much

If you never commented that much, why are you in even posting in this thread?

I use it sometimes, but I was mostly posting because I like the editor.

DCSchark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#52 DCSchark
Member since 2009 • 5283 Posts

This new commenting system has me thinking about GS in an entirely new way. I'm not into Facebook or Twitter at all, and I'm sure that many others here feel the same way. I just hope that GameSpot doesn't turn into a FB-esque website. I missed the old way we used to do things around here. I joined GS about 2 and a half years ago because I thought the website was user-friendly, simplistic and awesome. Now, it's all becoming too complex, too social, and (hopefully not) too personal ... and I'm not a personal kind of guy. I just hope that whatever was done here with the commenting system will not [in any way shape or form] affect our beloved unions. It's all we've got left that hasn't been tampered with the social media craze yet... :(

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

The news feed system as it was before was perfect, plain, simple, fun to use.

When I knew the time I posted I could easily backtrack there with one click even if it was days away, like "Hm I guess it's on page 4 now" One click, or maybe two because it was on site 5 instead.

Now I had to click that stupid "50 more" about 20 times to find a post I did yesterday evening (and it's noon right here right now), not to mention that it's stupid, as more "50 more"'s as are opened, as slower and slower the whole site becomes and I'll never ever be able again to find my stuff and posts in 1 click.

Furthermore the + / - system was great.

Why, why do great companies try to ruin the fun we had over years (well for me about 1, though still, I liked it here before, like, really really liked it....and now....meh :/ )and think they have to overdo everything every 2 weeks?

Dear GameSpot, aiming for becoming the new YouTube? ._.

Avatar image for Hollowdimension
Hollowdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Hollowdimension
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts

Since the change, I notice that I don't read the comments as much anymore. It used to be one of my favorite parts of Gamespot. I really do not like the changes that were made.

cyraxkilawatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 cyraxkilawatt
Member since 2006 • 4833 Posts
[QUOTE="rigzzsy"]

didn't realise there was already a thread for this

bring back the thumbs down and i'll be happy

Synthia
So if there was a thumbs down functionality that displayed your image next to it (like the way the "like" button functions) you'd be fine with that?

Actually I would love that, a Thumbs down Function that displayed your image; Heh heh.
Whitebloodsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Whitebloodsun
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

[QUOTE="Synthia"][QUOTE="rigzzsy"]

didn't realise there was already a thread for this

bring back the thumbs down and i'll be happy

cyraxkilawatt

So if there was a thumbs down functionality that displayed your image next to it (like the way the "like" button functions) you'd be fine with that?

Actually I would love that, a Thumbs down Function that displayed your image; Heh heh.

I agree with this. It's good to know who dislike our comments. LOL I'm just kiddin'. :P

I used to to think that GS comment system is fun and unique. But now...there's no spelling check, no emoticon, and even to search my previous comment is tedious enough. show 50+more...50+more... 50+more...

Can't you do something about that? :(

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="cyraxkilawatt"][QUOTE="Synthia"] So if there was a thumbs down functionality that displayed your image next to it (like the way the "like" button functions) you'd be fine with that? Whitebloodsun

I agree with this. It's good to know who dislike our comments. LOL I'm just kiddin'. :P

I used to to think that GS comment system is fun and unique. But now...there's no spelling check, no emoticon, and even to search my previous comment is tedious enough. show 50+more...50+more... 50+more...

Can't you do something about that? :(

Totally agree with that. At least they could bring back the old slider, it was great and you could quickly see how active it has been there already. Now you couldn't even tell the difference between a newsthread with 20 or 200 posts.

parrot_of_adun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 parrot_of_adun
Member since 2005 • 7177 Posts

The only positive change I see is that there is no longer any de facto censorship of unpopular opinions. Every single other feature ranges from being slighly lesser, to being significantly worse. Not to mention scrolling down a few hundred posts takes forever and forces any browser I've used to eat RAM like none other.

I see no point to Livefyre. It's really quite awful.

DarthLod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DarthLod
Member since 2012 • 177 Posts
My main problem is there is no way to find your comment to check and see if people liked and commented about it. You have to search through pages and pages, instead of having a tab to click "My Comments". Really and utterly annoying and frustrating. And, spell checker will still not work in the new comments.
DarthLod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DarthLod
The comments don't refresh and update while watching the live E3 stream. You have to refresh the ENTIRE PAGE. This new comment system is horrible. Utterly ruined.
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#61 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

We apologize for the technical difficulties during the Microsoft press conference. We're working to resolve the delayed commenting posts, and other concerns many of you brought to our attention. Please continue to provide your feedback about how your chatroom experience is this year compared to years before.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

We apologize for the technical difficulties during the Microsoft press conference. We're working to resolve the delayed commenting posts, and other concerns many of you brought to our attention. Please continue to provide your feedback about how your chatroom experience is this year compared to years before.

Synthia

last years was better

rigzzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rigzzsy
Member since 2010 • 349 Posts

been a while now but yeah definitely, a thumbs down system that displayed who approved/disapproved would be an improvement even over the last one

MetaMods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MetaMods
Member since 2004 • 648 Posts

last year was awsome, this year I can't watch it because of the lag

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#65 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

Synthia

You'd heard it enough times from me already, but it's unusable.

I like to play the stream at its widest (but not fullscreen). This pushes the comments down so I can't see them anyway. The constant AJAX refresh is a huge CPU drain, which affects the video playback, and the comments come in so fast you can't even read them.

The old chatroom, with 100 person limit per room, was usable and much better than this.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

For E3, we really, really need chat rooms. For other times during the year this comment system should work well but not E3. Do we really have to start a riot to get a chat room back? :P

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
It sucks.
hannify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hannify
Member since 2003 • 2220 Posts

If I chop off the hands of the key developers... will it stop people developing absolute rubbish for this site? Just use third party servers for once. Your servers are always overloaded and slow when it comes to e3 but you NEVER LEARN so we are stuck with lag all the time. You would think after so many years of failures, Gamespot may actually listen.

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
Is there no way to disable these comments? They were causing the stream to lag so much that I ad-blocked them.
DarthLod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DarthLod
For a website that is about gaming and has many younger people on it, the comments are FULL of F Bombs during the E3 coverage. You guys really need to implement some form of censoring, because if I had a kid i'd not allow him on here as it is now. I frankly found it a bit off putting the amount of bad language allowed. The maturity of people online is really sad. Furthermore, 50% of the time the comments do not refresh.
DarthLod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DarthLod
It's nearly impossible to Flag the bad language comments as well because everything moves downward from new comments every time you click on it. I just saw 5 uses of the F Bomb again within 2 min. This needs to be stopped!!!
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Dracula68
It's nearly impossible to Flag the bad language comments as well because everything moves downward from new comments every time you click on it. I just saw 5 uses of the F Bomb again within 2 min. This needs to be stopped!!!DarthLod
They are allowed to swear.
DarthLod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DarthLod
So, this bad language and vulgar speak is actually allowed on here? When did this site become so immature? Constant use of F Bombs (because I was seeing one every 20 seconds or so for over an hour) and other bad words are actually ALLOWED now?
Scalper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Scalper
Member since 2002 • 437 Posts
yes the livefyre live chat on the page is too much(way too many people posting). For these live shows it should not auto refresh. If you want a real chat room just goto the TwitchTV room chat only no video http://www.twitch.tv/chat/embed?channel=gamespot&popout_chat=true
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Dracula68
So, this bad language and vulgar speak is actually allowed on here? When did this site become so immature? Constant use of F Bombs (because I was seeing one every 20 seconds or so for over an hour) and other bad words are actually ALLOWED now? DarthLod
Yeah since the new ToU went live late last year that was one of the changes "users who voted" wanted.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Dracula68
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]hannify
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]irishdude199210
Both of you---definitely not needed.
Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]irishdude199210

Oh wasn't it? Sorry, but repeating that they didn't like cursing over and over again was pretty annoying, so I decided to annoy them too.
gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#80 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

For E3, we really, really need chat rooms. For other times during the year this comment system should work well but not E3. Do we really have to start a riot to get a chat room back? :P

Dracula68

Yep, we do. BURN EVERYTHING. :twisted:

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"] [QUOTE="irishdude199210"][This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]irishdude199210

Oh wasn't it? Sorry, but repeating that they didn't like cursing over and over again was pretty annoying, so I decided to annoy them too.

Ignore and move on....

Thesuperstar2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 1

#82 Thesuperstar2k
Member since 2012 • 372 Posts

The comments during e3 was lagging. Can you please fix this.

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 irishdude199210
Do you still get emblems for e3 etc.?
TacticaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TacticaI
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
Okay, I'm sort of getting used to the new comment system on videos and articles, but the E3 "chat" is unbearable. It's pretty pointless in that every half second someone is spamming something about GTA V. I rarely comment because in the little text window the comments are flying in by fractions of a second and my eyes refuse to keep up. Definitely way too hard to follow, way too much spam, virtually impossible to discuss anything. The best you can do is leave a general comment, get a good look at it for a second (maybe two) and it's back to the flooding/spamming, count yourself lucky to get a reply.
CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#85 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Personally i don't like the new commenting system , i hope you're just testing this because i and many other gamespotters would like the old one back. I know you're trying to make it social media -ish but it's really unappealing. Commenting used to be fun , we used to have emoticons and different colors and now it's just comment after comment after comment and the chances that someone will notice your comment are very slim. Also the white background doesn't help , it's as if it's from a different website , it's not in harmony with GS's black and orange. :? Lastly it feels very shaky(?) and glitchy. Please PLEASE bring back the old system and if you're thinking of changing the commenting system of the forums STOP!! At least make a poll and see what we think about this "improvement".

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#86 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I would say keep the new comment system if you can just fix two things: number of comments shown in blogs, and PM notifications of comments. Some people don't have their email open with them all the time, so for them, email notifications are useless. We need to be notified via GS's inbox.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 irishdude199210
I didn't even know we received email notifications :P How pointless. Another reason to hate this system added to my gargantuan list.
jepsen1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#89 jepsen1977
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts

Add me to the list of people who hate the new system. Old comments STILL not showing up on blogs even after a month and a half. I've been here on GS for 8 years and now you are trying to turn GS into Facebook is just sad. People are leaving the site because GS has become so shallow and simply not fun anymore. The site used to be about gaming but sadly that's not the case anymore.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#90 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I like it, I would however prefer PM notifications to email notifications.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Justforvisit

Add me to the list of people who hate the new system. Old comments STILL not showing up on blogs even after a month and a half. I've been here on GS for 8 years and now you are trying to turn GS into Facebook is just sad. People are leaving the site because GS has become so shallow and simply not fun anymore. The site used to be about gaming but sadly that's not the case anymore.

jepsen1977

All that has to be said is said in here.

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

I would say keep the new comment system if you can just fix two things: number of comments shown in blogs, and PM notifications of comments. Some people don't have their email open with them all the time, so for them, email notifications are useless. We need to be notified via GS's inbox. JustPlainLucas

Pretty much this.

Also, I'd like to add that for some blog comments I have recieved, I was not notified via email, so some blog comments were there that I didn't know I recieved and I ended up replying to weeks later.

b10nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 b10nutz
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
Edit button for comments would be greatly appreciated.
Savoritias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#94 Savoritias
Member since 2012 • 64 Posts

the new comment system is good but I would like every time I want to reply through an email notification my comment to be at top like youtube and not to have to scroll through countless comments down.

Avatar image for deactivated-59930af094f34
deactivated-59930af094f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-59930af094f34
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

I have tried to adapt to the new forum comments system .. but I believe that the changes are resulting in more negative and flame posts than simply allowing the thumbs down to return. The threading is nice, so kudos there. The 'socialization' features just do not add much to the party for me personally. Just one opinion from a long time user.

Overall, I have changed my use of the site since the redesign as well. I now just bookmark the news page and go there - since the front page make me not want to visit the site due to its overall design / UI.

JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JasonGriffee
Member since 2011 • 194 Posts

I really don't see what was wrong with the old comment system. As to the E3 chat, I would like to see the old system in place, with a automatic spam filter.

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 irishdude199210
Is this feedback even being taken onboard?
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#98 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

1. Allow comment editing.

2. Provide the GS emoticons.

3. Fix the blog comment number for new blogs (how hard is that, comment count shows on news articles).

4. Please DO NOT give LiveFyre access to PMs, they are an outside agency. PMs should stay on-site and private.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

1. Allow comment editing.

2. Provide the GS emoticons.

3. Fix the blog comment number for new blogs (how hard is that, comment count shows on news articles).

4. Please DO NOT give LiveFyre access to PMs, they are an outside agency. PMs should stay on-site and private.

topsemag55

these are all really good suggestions^^

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Edit button for comments would be greatly appreciated.b10nutz

This. Also a spell checker for comments.