I no longer recieve game updates?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

I used to recieve email updates of tracked games and feed appeared on my profile. Now I no longer get any of them.

FireVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 FireVixen
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

Yeah, what is up with that? I'm not going to lie. Since I don't get updates anymore on Gamespot I don't come to the site as much. I used to check it like 2 times a day, now I only check it like once every 2 or 3 days. I've been a member of this site for over 8 years. This is very disapointing.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

currently, game updates do not work for anyone. supposedly they are working on a fix for this, but who know when it might roll out.

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamer_4_Fun
@FireVixen said:

Yeah, what is up with that? I'm not going to lie. Since I don't get updates anymore on Gamespot I don't come to the site as much. I used to check it like 2 times a day, now I only check it like once every 2 or 3 days. I've been a member of this site for over 8 years. This is very disapointing.

Me too, everyone i know left, really sad :(

FireVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FireVixen

@Gamer_4_Fun: Exactly. I love this place too. :( I wish they'd hurry up and fix it.

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gamer_4_Fun
@FireVixen said:

@Gamer_4_Fun: Exactly. I love this place too. :( I wish they'd hurry up and fix it.

Yeah :( Which platforms do you game on? If you have playstation you can add me: that-acmilan-guy

Steam: Rock1m1

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gamer_4_Fun

Also what's with the notifications? It just floods with bs like someone posts a review or blog. I don't care! As long as someone responds to my stuff.

FireVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FireVixen

@Gamer_4_Fun: I sent you a Steam friend request. On PSN i'm FireVixen1 I believe. Ever since I got my gaming PC though, I really only play my Vita. Lol. Well at least until I get my PS4. :D

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gamer_4_Fun

I can't even tag you lol! I'll accept the request and will send you a psn request. I also have a mike in both platforms, so it would be cool if we talk :)

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By leon2365

its too bad gamespot doesn't really like to give updates on progress. all that can be done is to have patience. a LOT of it.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By leon2365

@GeminiEntity said:

@leon2365 said:

its too bad gamespot doesn't really like to give updates on progress. all that can be done is to have patience. a LOT of it.

Or just find another site, as Gamespot doesn't have anything over the other gaming sites anymore. Other gaming sites are stable and load faster, they also are maintained better overall.

probably right. but I like sticking with this site just because ive been here so long. that, and I get to say greetings to the staff at E3. :P

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 leon2365

@GeminiEntity said:

@leon2365 said:

@GeminiEntity said:

@leon2365 said:

Or just find another site, as Gamespot doesn't have anything over the other gaming sites anymore. Other gaming sites are stable and load faster, they also are maintained better overall.

probably right. but I like sticking with this site just because ive been here so long. that, and I get to say greetings to the staff at E3. :P

I've been here pretty much the same as you and will not let that affect my judgement. What matters is how poorly they handled this redesign and what the site now offers compared to the competition. I also didn't mean you specifically, my point was that people have more than just the "patience" option.

people have plenty of options to choose from. its up to them to do as they please.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 leon2365

well technically it is true for those that wish to stick around. so it all depends on the person reading the post.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 leon2365

@GeminiEntity said:

@leon2365 said:

well technically it is true for those that wish to stick around. so it all depends on the person reading the post.

Not true, as a person can still do more than just wait around, they can take a temporary leave and/or complain. So you really should stop posting such limited views on what can or can't be done.

guess so. ill reword it so that it'll sound more like just my opinion, or something more fitting. or maybe ill just stop suggesting patience all together. ill suggest more constructive things such as taking a break from the site, or providing feedback. though I don't know how people will take that. I somehow feel that suggesting a break from the site will be taken negatively. oh well. ill figure something out.