I highly suggest GameSpot coordinates a New Year's Resolution or something...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
Because if GameSpot doesn't, I and probably many other members will be leaving. Yes, I've been a member of GameSpot for 4 years and I'm prepared to leave in January unless GameSpot tidy themselves up. My reasons are because GameSpot doesn't care about its community anymore. Seriously, the glitches are still here and nothing is ever done. The new unions have been delayed for over 2 years. Yes, that's right folks: for over 2 years, GameSpot has promised us a new union system. They STILL haven't delivered it. And when, or if they do, I doubt it'd be that much of a change. Super Sayians United, one of GameSpot's best unions will be closing down sometime in December due to all this and recent events. We will be moving on to our own site. We don't need GameSpot (we can get gaming news by simply using google or go on the GF boards), and we don't want to be apart of it anymore as quite clearly, GS doesn't care. I also advise this to other Union Leaders. Setting up a site is time consuming and hard but its worth it in the end. However, I am going to give GameSpot one last chance... if GS tidy themselves up in December, and I mean actually doing something like getting the new union features in, I'll stay. It's too late for SSU now but, if the new union features are actually a huge improvement, then SSU will probably end up coming back and I'll actually have some hope for GameSpot as I've lost all hope for GS now. I actually lost all hope for GS long ago, but now it's beyond that now... I'm actually extremely disappointed with GameSpot. Also, I probably talk for the majority of users on GameSpot. I'd like this topic to receieve an admin reply and, if this topic get's locked, it just further proves my point that GameSpot doesn't care anymore and are just corrupted. Tyranny is what I'd describe GameSpot now as it does actually supress all oppression... Please GameSpot, don't lose yet another set of valuable members... I have contributed alot to GameSpot, don't make me leave the site I once loved. There's still a way through this...
aaronfilmltd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 aaronfilmltd
Member since 2007 • 1032 Posts

I totally agree with you, buddy. Gamespot has been heading downhill for awhile now. Their review system has changed for the worse, Jeff Gerstman was fired, and Rich Gallup, the face of Gamespot, has departed.

The fact that no admin has commented on any of these issues and that they lock any topic on this immediately is a joke. We really need something like a resolution. I am a huge supporter of GS, and for anything else to go would be devastating. Right now, I need any reassuranceI can get, since there's little hope now.

If Gamespot promises to change, I'll stay here longer. But I WILL leave Gamespot if anything else happens. I have been with Gamespot for over a year, and in that year, so much has gotten worse. This was my source for the best reviews around the clock. This was an awesome place to post on the boards and discuss games. This was my favorite place for any gaming news.

Not anymore.

So far, GS has not shown me or anyone else what justifies all of this firing, fixing, and changing.

I agree-if anyone locks this topic, I will leave right now, if you want. I could just go to IGN or GT for my gaming news.

But what's keeping me here now is the heart and soul that used to be put into this site. Now, it has sunken beyond belief. Please, Gamespot. We need a response.

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts
my friend, you are on the right track. The Headcrab Union, as well as my 2000 member Elder Scrolls union will both likely be closing (sent told me he will closing down HCU if this continues), and I'll be moving my union off-site. The fact that GameSpot hasn't delivered any response at all, or at least CNET, just isn't right, and effects all of these members leaving the site.
aaronfilmltd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 aaronfilmltd
Member since 2007 • 1032 Posts

What you don't understand, Gamespot, is that you have fans. That's right, people who come to your website for honest reviews from your top editors.

But when youFIRE one of the SENIOR editors who has been around for TEN years over an ADVERTISEMENT, it shows how stupid and dimwitted you could actually be.

By doing this, you have obliterated any respect we have ever had for you and any of your current editors.

I am ashamed to even be supporting you. We need something of a resolution fast, or 80% of your fanbase will be gone. And to think I was thinking of subscribing...

Fix it, Gamespot. Fast.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 michaelP4
To be honest, that's not exactly why I'll be leaving GS. Yes, if the rumour is true, then that was extremely bad of CNET to do. However, my reasons for leaving have all been built up for two years, since the redesign was done. GS still haven't fixed the glitches and they still haven't gotten up these new unions. They also never listen to its members. I stopped suggesting things long ago as I realised GS were just ignoring them. Seriously, even having an admin reply, saying something like, "Thank you for your suggestion. I will bring this up in the next staff meeting." would be great. Also, the very fact GS never ever put their hands up and say "Sorry, we have made mistakes and we're working on fixing them" also get's me quite annoyed. Ignorance is what GS is best at. I hope this thread get's a tonne of support. I'm glad it's not locked, it shows GS are not going to be tyrannical about it. Anyway, with that said, some may be wondering why I'm leaving now and not then: It's because SSU will be closed. That's the thing that's kept me on GS for two years. dbz is closing it because he's infuriated with GS' notorious way of handling things. Clearly, the new union system won't be installed this year. Yet, another promise broken by GS. To finish: GS, you've lost many, many members already. You're now losing a huge amount more. Yes, you'll get new members but, what about the people with bitterness in their mouths? They have tongues, all it takes is them to say something negative about GS and a new member could be prevented to join. Eventually, GS will crumble if it goes on like this.
Cross_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Cross_eye
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

all to true

if this doesnt change up soon The Headcrab Union will probably be leaving gamespot and setting up our own site.

Gamespot has lost focus of what it was origionally designed for.

The customers (you, me this whole community)

instead they are pleasing some big corporate scumbags and you are just digging your own hole right now

Przem0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Przem0
Member since 2004 • 1195 Posts
Well, I hope old rating system will be back. If not I will be outta here for good. IGN has much more to offer if you want to review games yourself and read other good reviews. If Jeff was responsible for this new rating system, then he had to go. Dumbing it down was just silly IMHO.
LEGOslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 LEGOslayer
Member since 2006 • 7664 Posts
honestly, when sent submitted his ideas for the unions and GS stated they would seriously consider it, I was really exctied, nowadays I come here for the forums and reviews and now that reviews are gone(credability-wise) and forums are in rage over the Jeff thing, IGN is starting to look halfway decent
rocy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 rocy3
Member since 2006 • 11637 Posts

GS is going to crumble and die if this keeps up :)

I've been here for like..3 years now. and now i barely come here anymore cause GS is turning into a pile of steaming...poop.

so yeah...do something. >_>

Przem0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Przem0
Member since 2004 • 1195 Posts

Giving it a second thought I just realized that nothing will be done :D. People tend to forget and with time noone will remember or care about this issue. GS user review dumbing down issue died out pretty swiftly, noone cares that staff reviews are poor at best and the highest scores are given to simplistic and repeating console games.

I believe that in the movie Why We Fight one of the interviewed called USA an United States of Amnesia, but this is not just the problem in USA but all over the world. You can cancell subscriptions and leave, but noone will cry in CNET after us. So what that I spent here 5-6 years and I am registered for 3. I am not the core of GS community and not a targed customer - too old, too demanding and maybe too whatever.

All I can say to GS ignoring my requests and notices is quote from Cartman:

'S*rew you guys, I am going home'.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 michaelP4
Not exactly. A site like Wikipedia will have the events recorded, just like GF's LUE events so, there will always be a reminder.
dbz345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 dbz345
Member since 2004 • 17980 Posts

Instead of beating a dead horse, I just leave this sort of plea:

Union leaders (including myself and many others) are seriously disheartened to see the promise of the union redesign completely and utterly fail due to poor prioritizing and corporate nonsense. I understand there have been setbacks, changes in adminstration and all the bureaucratic steps... but this has gone to the point that unless something gets done soon, something almost irreversible is going to happen.

Recent events are just a tipping point, unions have been faltering for quite some time and the unions which have weakened due to broken promises, dissolved under empty hope given to them by union leaders... they're all on the verge of just packing up their things and moving on. I ask for some of you to just step back and ask...

Why? It's not because there's no interest in the union program... if there was none, all the unions would've been long gone. It's because the promises of a better system were made and broken. If just an effort was made aside from the usual "We'll take it into thought" sort of thing that turns normally competent and good admins into seemingly empty and hypocritical users because they find themselves having to cut off their own tongue so that there isn't an uproar.

Myself, I'm willing to give everything another chance if indeed something happens soon. I just ask that it's not just a distraction to keep us around longer to just disappoint us again.